The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: VR-4 Twin Turbo conversion

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Showing results 21 to 40 of 50
    TGC Regular
    Very nice :D

Though, owning an original one is far better :P

Good effort ^_^

Was the one you bought a manual or auto ?
    1994 Galant VR-4 GOKUH ( 230kw atw )
    2000 Legnum VR-4 ( Daily, 155.5kw atw )
    1997 Legnum VR-4 - Yes Another one
    1995 FTO - V6 Mivec 200hp

First of all thnx for the great reactions.. :)

@Galant306m, I got another set of bumpers, the ones that came of the Original car, but, sending it to the states would be very expensive i think... ;)

@ gtx, as said a few post further, its a 2 liter, but i can sure live with it like this! :D

@ 4-G-Rim, thnx, it was a hell of job, but fun also, and the results turned out just great!
    And yeah, she is, i get cramps in my jaws when driving, laughing out loud
    all the time... Just sooo funny at the traffic light... Just get it rolling, a bit of gas,
    let them keep up a bit, then slam on the gas, at 2500 RPM you can hear the turbo's
    spooling up, and then... PFFFFFT... See Ya... Hahahah feels so great... :P
    And the handling, at cornering she just goes, no questions askt...
    Just Great..!

@ Blackstare, it took me two full weeks... I took two weeks off, and worked, just worked at
    the car for two weeks... From 8 am till 11 pm.. :) The weekends too... I only
    had two weeks off from my work and i did it at the workshop of a friend of
    mine, which was in Egypt for a two week holiday... So it HAD to be
    finished... ;) I died after those two weeks, and had to rest at work.. ;)

@ Blueice, Don't know maybe it is, my advantage was that i had a tunnel which fitted,
    i could cut it out and put the whole thing back, with all the assembly points for
    the exhaust and drive shaft.
    I thought about it for just one minute to just put the engine in, fit it to my 2WD
    tranny and leave the 4WD to rest, just because the work that it would be to
    fit it all in...
    But i really wanted the AWD, it's so cool, so i plunged into the deep a started
    cutting... ;) Hmmm no way back now... ;)

@4g63lover, I just started with the VR-4, so i could see what was going to happen, when i
    cutted the piece out... And nothing did... absolutely nothing... Because i
    kept the reinforcements that runs over the bottom in the lenght
    of the car intact, so it kept it's strenght.

@ Goku I owned one... ;)But mine was better, it was rusty, full of dents, bad repaired
    damage, 4WS malfunctioning, ECS malfunctioning, and i wanted it to be LHD...
    Plus it would cost me over 1500 US Dollars to register it... So i decided to just
    swap the whole heap.. And in the proces took the best of both, i have a LHD
    VR-4 with airbags, cruisecontrol, JDM Headlights eurpean style made of glass,
    leather interior, sunroof etc., etc... Ah i'm happy with my knock off... :P
    It is an Manual tranny... :)
    Last edited by Dennis7GV6; 11-27-2008 at 04:41 PM
    1995 7G Galant VR-4 2.0 V6 24V Twin Turbo

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2044303

TGC Regular
    Sweet, well done

Does it have the blue tab turbo's ?

Thnx.. :)

Eh Blue tabs... don't know, have to search a pic..

Edit..

Yes I think it does..

Why are they bad?

Take a look.. :)

Last edited by Dennis7GV6; 11-27-2008 at 06:00 PM

I think they're the better TD025 out of the lot, they seem to come in varying trim levels for auto, manual etc

TGC Regular
    Yep, the Blue tabs are the bigger more powerful ones :D

Experienced TGC Member Blue Ice's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dennis7GV6 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Goku View Post
    Really? that thing looks kind of cute to me? Awww the cute wittle turbo...

haha sorry man i couldn't resist. still though, great work.

You are here entirely tooo much!!
    nice job, i love those pics of your ride by the way. especially the way it sparkles hahaha

Quote Originally Posted by fuel View Post
    I think they're the better TD025 out of the lot, they seem to come in varying trim levels for auto, manual etc
    Ah, so i have the "better" ones, that's great... I didn't knew there where dffirent types... :)

Thnx for the info.. :D

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Ice View Post
    Really? that thing looks kind of cute to me? Awww the cute wittle turbo...

haha sorry man i couldn't resist. still though, great work.
    Hahaha doesn't matter, i thought the same, it's sweet... :)
    The diameter of the hole is aproxx. 3,5 cm.... :)
    But that´s the reason they put two on it... :D

Quote Originally Posted by E_Emerson88 View Post
    nice job, i love those pics of your ride by the way. especially the way it sparkles hahaha

Thnx, I just try to just keep it clean and polished at all times... :)
    And the pictures are special to me, because we had a contest at our forum...
    It was to make great pictures pictures of your Galant, send them in, and they would pic the most beautifull one and make a calender of the 12 best pictures...

So i went out with a friend of mine who has a very good camera and started driving aroud and take pictures...:)
    This were three of the pictures i sended in..

And i made it, one of my pictures was chosen! My copy is on its way to me by mail... :)
    Last edited by Dennis7GV6; 11-30-2008 at 09:17 AM

car looks so sick. how long did the whole transformation take?? when i get around to it me and my bro plan to start my old 7g project

7G giving to brother: EATSLEEPJDM
    Team ID08055-
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xWgDB7VGTv0

siniGANG represent!

bluetag turbos are the bigger ones for the Manual transmission model rated at 240HP the other one is the smaller one rated for 215HP.

This thread make me feel proud about my genuine VR4 :P

And the fact that I didn't listen to my f00lish friends in getting a regular 7G galant for chassis swap operation - would have been way out of hand too quickly.

That said, if my engine ever leaves the car only 1 engine is going back in, and that would be a properly built 4G63 - the pain to own a V6 engine in a land where there are zero other V6 Galants laying around is too much to bear.
    Last edited by hk20000; 11-30-2008 at 03:46 AM

TGC Regular
    Well then just makes it unique HK :)

yeah unique.

there simply is no reason for a 2L V6. Ever.

Also question: Why is there so much engine haness splicing work when you have a V6 TT donor car lying around? as far as I can tell the ECU for LHD and RHD is identical - the ECU is located in the same place.

so what is with 22 hours of splicing?

TGC Regular
    Extra sensors and what not I'd say.

And what you mean no reason for a 2L V6, this one and the one in my car are both 2L V6's, don't forget there are also 1.8 and 1.6 V6's in the mitsi range :D

well have you tried replacing the rear bank turbo?
    rear bank heater hose?
    rear bank water to oil cooler hose?
    rear bank sparkplugs?
    rear headgasket?
    replace timing belt?
    alternator between the engine and the firewall?
    rear turbo actuator vaccuum hose?

now try to do the same thing on a 4G63.

oh wait let's see.........we don't have anything like that there. Nevermind.

What's the displacement to the cc on a 6A12? 1990cc
    what's the displacement to the cc on a 4G63? 1998cc

what's the horsepower on a 1993 6A12? 240HP and top out at 380HP.
    what's the horsepower on a 1993 4G63? 250HP and oogles of potential.

Why do we need a V6? Give me even ONE valid reason. None of that "V6 is smooth" bullshit 4G63 can balance itself fine with balancer shafts.
    Last edited by hk20000; 12-02-2008 at 05:38 AM

Extra sensors and what not I'd say.
    can't he just take out the harness from the turbo VR4 and lay it all back onto the new car? sensors come with the engine anyway...

Quote Originally Posted by hk20000 View Post
    well have you tried replacing the rear bank turbo?
    rear bank heater hose?
    rear bank water to oil cooler hose?
    rear bank sparkplugs?
    rear headgasket?
    replace timing belt?
    alternator between the engine and the firewall?
    rear turbo actuator vaccuum hose?

now try to do the same thing on a 4G63.

oh wait let's see.........we don't have anything like that there. Nevermind.

What's the displacement to the cc on a 6A12? 1990cc
    what's the displacement to the cc on a 4G63? 1998cc

what's the horsepower on a 1993 6A12? 240HP and top out at 380HP.
    what's the horsepower on a 1993 4G63? 250HP and oogles of potential.

Why do we need a V6? Give me even ONE valid reason. None of that "V6 is smooth" bullshit 4G63 can balance itself fine with balancer shafts.
    Well, one good reason is the SOUND it makes
    And of course that the mitsu V6 comes in 3.0 liter, whereas the R4 (row-4 or straight-4, not sure what it's called in english) comes in 2.4 max (as I recall)......
    6G73 2.5 DOHC V6
    AWD

TGC Regular
    ^^ he beat me to it

The sound of a V6 is great, far better than the lumpy mess that comes out of the exhaust of an I4. The V6 purrs while it's idling and screams when you give it heaps.

And yes I have replaced the plugs on the rear bank, not that hard, I have also removed the rear turbo and several other bits while doing upgrades.

Who told you that these things top out at 380 ?
    I think you'll find that the 4G63 would top out pretty quick as well if it didn't have the supporting mods, most people don't know what you have to do to get more power from the 6A series of engines.

So basically if you don't know what you are doing, or how to make things run a lot better, then yes, maybe you should go to an I4. It's all personal preference really, I'm going to stick with my V6's.

^^ he beat me to it

The sound of a V6 is great, far better than the lumpy mess that comes out of the exhaust of an I4. The V6 purrs while it's idling and screams when you give it heaps.

And yes I have replaced the plugs on the rear bank, not that hard, I have also removed the rear turbo and several other bits while doing upgrades.

Who told you that these things top out at 380 ?
    I think you'll find that the 4G63 would top out pretty quick as well if it didn't have the supporting mods, most people don't know what you have to do to get more power from the 6A series of engines.

So basically if you don't know what you are doing, or how to make things run a lot better, then yes, maybe you should go to an I4. It's all personal preference really, I'm going to stick with my V6's.
    he speaks the truth. the v6 does have all the potential the 4g63 does. the 4g63 also tops out just like the 6a12.

then all supporting mods come in. for you guys overseas it makes sense to keep the 6a. alot more support and parts. here it makes sense to have the I-4. unless you want a one of a kind v6 twin turbo FWD usdm 7G!

"DSM's, making people mechanics since 1985"
    Quote Originally Posted by polishmafia
    You want real respect from those fools? Don't race him. Tell him racing is a sport left to young boys who are still waiting for their balls to drop. Then while he's out racing, fuck his girlfriend in the ass, take pics, and leave them on his car while hes at school.

who is having an I-4 and want a V6 should look in the for sale section.

I will trade you my V6 for your I-4 anyday. V6 placed sideways is maintenance nightmare.

aha V6 has potential up to 380HP that's tested and true from Aussie forums where the 6A12 is tuned (strange that anyone even tried) and they will royally let go at 380HP. Rods will see light at 400.

find me forged pistons, rods, and cams for a 6A12...... :smt046 Don't worry I'll wait.

there is nothing more frustrating than to change your sparkplugs (all 6 of them) and then find out that they aren't gapped right and yank half an engine apart again to get to them. Not to mention that Mitsubishi V6s will always I mean ALWAYS seeping oil from one place or another. And it is a lot more feasible to seal up the 4G63 than the 6A12 (4x cam seals 2x head gasket 2x valve cover gasket 4x circular rubber thing on the other end of the cam, oil return ON THE BACK SIDE, devastating heat management for the rear bank causing awfully common headgasket failure and other seal failures - including and not limiting to turbo seal, oil pan seal and random coolant hose burst at the throttle body because it's hung 3 inches away from the turbo.)

6A12TT is a plain rolling bomb. I have had more issues with my Galant VR4 than all my other cars combined in the past years (that says a lot I have had 14 cars). And I am totally trying to drive the car until the timing belt snaps or what other happens so I can throw it to the metal recyclers. Make no mistake I love galants I love the VR4 it's very subtle very cool, it has technology that was way ahead of its time and it goes like stink but then if I ever get a chance at blowing this motor up I will want a 4G63 in there.

my EVO sounds just as good as my VR4 it's just what kind of muffler are you running. Don't be an idiot.

I'm not saying this guy shouldn't have done it, I mean given the situation and the parts availability (I don't know maybe he got the VR4 for free?) this was probably a way to go but I'm saying I wouldn't do this if I were you. 4G63 is world reknowned, easy to tune, easy to setup, easy to go batshit fast....over the counter go fast bits easily match a mopar catalog. 6A12? not so much.
    Last edited by hk20000; 12-02-2008 at 10:54 PM

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast