The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: IcedoutGalant's Build/Upgrade Thread..

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Showing results 21 to 37 of 37
    yeah thats a good idea reelax, might have to think about that option also. Thanks ivory yeah lucky it wasn't to big of a mix up, like them sending me wrong rotors or something. I'll call them tomorrow to get the pads exchanged and pop them in.

Next step is, exhaust upgrade hopefully find some deals by xmas
    00 Galant ES Turbo/5-Speed
    13 GTR

Your car is so sweet! I agree with reelax on the calipers too.

5-speed 6G72 w/ bolt-ons [sold]
    '93 Nissan 240sx vert

Experienced TGC Member 02redgalant's Avatar
    hey iced what adapter did you use for the rear lines?

You'll need two of them just for rear, i seen your buying them from FS section, the front fit no issue

PepBoys:
    BL308 <- Part #
    Brake Line 3/16x8"
    $2.59 Each

Buy the Bleeder Kt also, $6.99
    13 GTR

Experienced TGC Member 02redgalant's Avatar
    yea got the bleeder already... cool thanks man!

those lines that they shipped to him were the rear drum lines since both ends are females rather than one end male and the other female
    '00 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64T (Samantha)
    '01 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64 (Daily)
    '02 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64 (SCRAPPED)
    '00 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64 (SCRAPPED)
    '91 Volvo 740 Turbo B230FT (SOLD)
    '88 Mitsubishi Mighty Max (SOLD)
    '91 Kawasaki ZX7 (SOLD)
    '95 Kawasaki ZX9R

great job man it looks great...ever think about doing the evo caliper upgrade?

i was going to do the evo caliper & rotors swap, but my wheels wont clear them. So i decided not to go that route, lol im not ditching my wheels since i paid nearly 3K for them. The cars a daily driver, so im happy with this setup much better braking then drums & single piston caliper for sure.
    13 GTR

You are here entirely tooo much!! 99 galant's Avatar
    i think reelaxs idea about the Black w/ gold lettering would look much better. you have a nice car all around tho man.

You are here entirely tooo much!! SkylineG1's Avatar
    Keep it coming...

Quote Originally Posted by IceDouTGaLanT View Post
    i was going to do the evo caliper & rotors swap, but my wheels wont clear them. So i decided not to go that route, lol im not ditching my wheels since i paid nearly 3K for them. The cars a daily driver, so im happy with this setup much better braking then drums & single piston caliper for sure.
    lol i know what you mean man...i would of def said f$%k the evo calipers lmao!! your rims are sick as hell

I've always loved your G. One of a kind. Great work Ron! :)

'99 Mitsubishi Galant <3
    '06 GG Mitsubishi Evo bolt-ons 12.3 @ 108mph - sold :(
    '03 WW Mitsubishi Evo built but never tracked - sold :(

Nice, did you weight the rear drum parts to see the difference and any possible weight reduction? And be careful about your factory spare, it won't clear the dual piston caliper, you will either need a full size wheel, or a mini-spare from a dual piston 8G Galant.
    Last edited by RedGalant2k1; 12-24-2008 at 12:10 PM

No i didn't weigh the rear drum i wish i didn't throw them away, could of posted for you guys. Yeah i already know about the spare, from mrjaydeeone post i have my oem tires and my old giovanna wheels incase something happens. But thanks for the info!
    13 GTR

Quote Originally Posted by IceDouTGaLanT View Post
    No i didn't weigh the rear drum i wish i didn't throw them away, could of posted for you guys. Yeah i already know about the spare, from mrjaydeeone post i have my oem tires and my old giovanna wheels incase something happens. But thanks for the info!
    Good, glad you already knew about it. Too bad you don't have the drum setup, I don't think it weighs that much different though, but it would be interesting nonetheless.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12