The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: IcedoutGalant's Build/Upgrade Thread..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 37

IcedoutGalant's Build/Upgrade Thread..

Well, figure i start one and show the updates on my car. I was going to post the progress from the past, but no point. So im going to start FRESH! Well most the things you expect to see are PAINT! & New Suspension add'ons & Replacements also a new exhaust system. Im pretty much replacing some of my old parts with newer parts in sense. So enjoy, post negative or positive comments if you like.

Nov 26th
    Got my rotors cleaned then off a little and got them ready for saturday 29th, Rear disk swap & dual piston caliper goes on the car. No pics of swap since MKO will bring it down with him when he lends me a hand. The rotors are R1concepts Premium, i hope they last me many years like my current brembo rotors which ive had for nearly 5-6 years.

REAR Rotor:

FRONT Rotor:

Just need to pick up brake fluid & anti squeak grease friday!!
    00 Galant ES Turbo/5-Speed
    13 GTR

looks good ron!

here i was thinking you were finally gonna up the boost

"DSM's, making people mechanics since 1985"
    Quote Originally Posted by polishmafia
    You want real respect from those fools? Don't race him. Tell him racing is a sport left to young boys who are still waiting for their balls to drop. Then while he's out racing, fuck his girlfriend in the ass, take pics, and leave them on his car while hes at school.

I did order a hallman pro boost controler about 2 months ago. Which needs to be put on after paint I'll turn the boost up 9-10psi and retune.
    13 GTR

Quote Originally Posted by IceDouTGaLanT View Post
    I did order a hallman pro boost controler about 2 months ago. Which needs to be put on after paint I'll turn the boost up 9-10psi and retune.
    Hallman is the way to go!

Who told you to buy hallman ?? Oh wait that was since I have the same exact one on my Volvo :D
    '00 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64T (Samantha)
    '01 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64 (Daily)
    '02 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64 (SCRAPPED)
    '00 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64 (SCRAPPED)
    '91 Volvo 740 Turbo B230FT (SOLD)
    '88 Mitsubishi Mighty Max (SOLD)
    '91 Kawasaki ZX7 (SOLD)
    '95 Kawasaki ZX9R

some guy from jersey with like 3 cars told me to grab that =) thanks agian!
    13 GTR

I installed my front dual piston calipers without the SS lines cuz I couldn't find them and I noticed a nice difference in braking. Now I finally found my SS lines and can't wait to do my rear disk swap and put the SS lines on and do a full fluid flush

Btw I got the same lines as well
    '91 Kawasaki ZX7 (SOLD)
    '95 Kawasaki ZX9R

^^ I'd strongly recommend 2g GST or GSX SS lines for 8g. Believe me it will be worth it. So much aggravation with the 8g lines today
    God created turbo lag to give the v8's a brief moment of hope.

Build Thread

Well, thanks to MKO im now on disk brakes all the way around. We ran into few issues mostly because r1concepts messed up my order. The SS Lines i told them are fore v6 8g and dual piston caliper up front. The front SS lines where fine, but the rear did not fit because they were both female ends. We went to pepboys and got a steel line adapter and mad it work though. 2nd issue, is the front pads were not for dual piston calipers, in fact they didnt even fit the Single piston caliper!! i dont know WTF they are for, im going to call monday and ask for a swap for the right ones. in the mean time I went to pepboys and grabbed some POS pads for $12.99 just for the week. I must say it does make a HUGE difference in braking from what i had before even with these POS pads up front. Also flushing out my fluid i think helps, since mine was back and watery. Big thank you to Chris aka MKO for getting me the rear disk/ Dual piston parts and install!

13 GTR

You are here entirely tooo much!! 9G's Avatar
    nice but too tiny for your wheels. lol

looks great ron. you can finally see some brakes behind those big rims!

"DSM's, making people mechanics since 1985"
    Quote Originally Posted by polishmafia
    You want real respect from those fools? Don't race him. Tell him racing is a sport left to young boys who are still waiting for their balls to drop. Then while he's out racing, fuck his girlfriend in the ass, take pics, and leave them on his car while hes at school.

yea, they are small compared to the rims, but the cars a DD and also i like to use my stock winter wheels so i couldn't go with a BBK plus it was a little more, and i really dont want to spend to much on this car anymore, just wanted something good so total i spent $700 total, $500 for 4 prem rotors, Axis pads & technifit SS lines & caliper paint, Then $200 for rear disk swap, install & dual piston caliper. Also misc stuff like fluid, parts & lube was like $40. Im happy with it, prob last time i change the rotors on the car anyways. =)
    13 GTR

You are here entirely tooo much!! 9G's Avatar
    cool beans.

Very nice, I need to get my rear disc swap done, looks like it was fairly easy though right?
    OZ Rally Crew #001, Quaife Club member :D

looks good, what color you gonna make the calipers?

now i gotta go check my SS lines and make sure i got the right ones

looks nice i cant wait until i do my rear disk i just dont have time right now
    '91 Kawasaki ZX7 (SOLD)
    '95 Kawasaki ZX9R

Quote Originally Posted by Reelax View Post
    looks good, what color you gonna make the calipers?
    i believe he got red
    '91 Kawasaki ZX7 (SOLD)
    '95 Kawasaki ZX9R

i got gold, going to get black letters, figure they'll pop out once i get the wheels powder coated/ painted in the future.
    13 GTR

Quote Originally Posted by IceDouTGaLanT View Post
    i got gold, going to get black letters, figure they'll pop out once i get the wheels powder coated/ painted in the future.
    that will look tight! ever think about the reverse though? black calipers and gold letters (since the disc hats are black)? just a thought bro.
    Last edited by Reelax; 11-30-2008 at 01:35 AM

Nice! This is something that I will want to do. Glad you got it to work even with the mess up on their part.
    The "Tumbler" Is Here
    Stock Longblock/Stock PCM | Custom Garrett 50-1 | 17 Psi | Weighing 2xxxLbs
    3xxWHP/3xxWTQ [Current]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast