The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 6G72

Showing results 1 to 3 of 3
    TGC Regular

6G72

Hey guys, I was just checking out a website, and i saw the 6G72 NT for $650. As we all know that is a V6. Do you guys know if its front or rear wheel drive? If it would "fit" in a 7g. Not nessarly a direct fit, but would the engine fit in the engine bay of a 7g? I am just curious because that'd make a 7g a V6 with a bit more power. Give a the 7g approx 220hp before a Turbo. Also, if it'd fit, any idea how difficult it'd be to match everything up...I think I am getting in over my head...but my mind continues to wander! Thanks!
    Chris
    2004 Mazda 3i; bought 7/2/04
    98 Galant ES; Sold 6/30/04

Kain
    Physically, yes it will fit. Think about it, a V6 is two banks of three cylinders. which is shorter than a single bank of four. However, actually mounting it may be a bit tricky. Your best bet is to try to find an engine out of a FWD car to start with, that way the exhaust will be headed the right way, and the intake manifold is usually canted off to the rear of the car on a FWD as opposed to going straight up on most RWD cars. Your major concerns are gonna be clearance (though, still shouldn't be a problem) and weight. I think the 7g was actually designed to accomodate a V6 (just guessing given the HUGE amount of room under the hood) but the U.S. version was simply never offered with it. Find out what the engine code for the 7g VR-4 is. Same engine sans turbo should fit in really easily.

TGC Regular
    Thanks Kain, i was just curious. I saw a 6G72 for sale on a website and just wondered if it'd even fit. But your right, the galant was made for a V6. It's be interesting to have a V6 in my ride. But it would probably be more of pain a in the ass than what its worth.
    Chris
    2004 Mazda 3i; bought 7/2/04
    98 Galant ES; Sold 6/30/04