The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: drilling rims

Showing results 1 to 17 of 17

drilling rims

has anyone,or knows anyone that redrilled there rims?

Edit:these are the rims that i want to get drilled.

this is how they look like on the car

yea im going to paint the calipers black ..
    Last edited by EATsleepJDM; 12-01-2008 at 04:38 PM

WANNA LOOK FRESH????
    GET SOME CLOTHES AT KARMALOOP.COM AND GET 20% ON FIRST PURCHASE WHEN USING REPCODE:KN21899

siniGANG represent!

You mean getting a new bolt pattern drilled? That never happens, you can do it with brake rotors, but not with wheels.
    OZ Rally Crew #001, Quaife Club member :D

you can actually do it with the rims they use a special machine that welds the holes closed and redrills them, it looks bad if the lug holes on the rims are not covered, but if it has a center cap that covers the lugnuts then it looks normal, if they have the right equipment it is no prob, i did that on the rims i put on my parents volvo with no issues...
    Mods:
    2 tone leather interior, touch screen navigation, 7inch headrest tv's, 17" Driftz Black and Polished rims, 215 50 17 Goodyear Eagle Nct5 tires Tein s lowering springs, kyb gr-2 struts, rearview mirror camera, diamond black paint custom front and lower grill, Chrome door pillars., and chrome door handles. Powder coated my wipper arms wet black, exhaust heat sheild and my valve cover. 2nd gen led taillights

Quote Originally Posted by greddy View Post
    You mean getting a new bolt pattern drilled? That never happens, you can do it with brake rotors, but not with wheels.
    not a new pattern just to make the current holes larger.but i have seen people make a new pattern on a 5 lug to a 4 lug.

WANNA LOOK FRESH????
    GET SOME CLOTHES AT KARMALOOP.COM AND GET 20% ON FIRST PURCHASE WHEN USING REPCODE:KN21899

siniGANG represent!

Quote Originally Posted by guynlidia2006 View Post
    you can actually do it with the rims they use a special machine that welds the holes closed and redrills them, it looks bad if the lug holes on the rims are not covered, but if it has a center cap that covers the lugnuts then it looks normal, if they have the right equipment it is no prob, i did that on the rims i put on my parents volvo with no issues...
    im just looking to make the bolts bigger.

WANNA LOOK FRESH????

siniGANG represent!

Quote Originally Posted by EATsleepJDM View Post
    im just looking to make the bolts bigger.
    No.

why do u want them bigger?
    RIP GALANT, GOOD MORNING BMW 330i

330i ZSP (E90) - S4 (B5) / hellaflush

seems like alot of work for no reason..
    Mods:
    2 tone leather interior, touch screen navigation, 7inch headrest tv's, 17" Driftz Black and Polished rims, 215 50 17 Goodyear Eagle Nct5 tires Tein s lowering springs, kyb gr-2 struts, rearview mirror camera, diamond black paint custom front and lower grill, Chrome door pillars., and chrome door handles. Powder coated my wipper arms wet black, exhaust heat sheild and my valve cover. 2nd gen led taillights

no bro. it sacifices the wheels integrity. it will be dangerous to re-drill the holes.
    Jigz-TGCIL Sosick Motorsports

R.I.P. Christopher "CRAZY CHRIS" Beckmann
    "you dont appreciate friendship until you lose your bestfriend...."
    I'd rather have the knowledge and ability to do it than the money to buy it already done.

Quote Originally Posted by 4g63lover View Post
    no bro. it sacifices the wheels integrity. it will be dangerous to re-drill the holes.
    Dangerous to do what he is asking about 'widening' them out. For whatever reason is beyond me.

But wheels can be filled and redrilled for a different bolt pattern. This MUST be professionally done at a machine shop, but I wouldn't recommend just any old machine shop. I would recommend a specifically wheel related machine shop.

Experienced TGC Member ZigenScarface's Avatar
    sounds costly.. would it be worth it?

Quote Originally Posted by RedGalant2k1 View Post
    Dangerous to do what he is asking about 'widening' them out. For whatever reason is beyond me.
    that's what I meant.
    Jigz-TGCIL Sosick Motorsports

R.I.P. Christopher "CRAZY CHRIS" Beckmann
    "you dont appreciate friendship until you lose your bestfriend...."
    I'd rather have the knowledge and ability to do it than the money to buy it already done.

probally cheaper to get new rims

what are you trying to do?

i got rims off craigslist and i bought them, forgetting to ask about bolt size and i guess the rims were 1.25 not 1.5 and they dont fit right.so im just wondering if anyone has done this.but i went to a car place and talked about it to them and they said one of his buddies got his bolts drilled bigger and he has been riding on them for 2 years with no problem.

WANNA LOOK FRESH????

siniGANG represent!

You are here entirely tooo much!! IVORY_G's Avatar
    Its no prob like said before to change bolt size patterns if you take it to a machine shop that knows what they're doing. I have some wheels that were originally 5x120mm pattern made for BMW's. And i had them drilled to fit 5x114.3mm which of course is the 8G bolt pattern. Ive had no issues and you cant even tell that it was done. And there is no centerpiece to cover the lugnuts on the wheels.
    JDM Zenki Conversion

Lazy hands make for poverty, but diligent hands bring wealth. (Proverbs 10:4 NIV)

Quote Originally Posted by IVORY_G View Post
    Its no prob like said before to change bolt size patterns if you take it to a machine shop that knows what they're doing. I have some wheels that were originally 5x120mm pattern made for BMW's. And i had them drilled to fit 5x114.3mm which of course is the 8G bolt pattern. Ive had no issues and you cant even tell that it was done. And there is no centerpiece to cover the lugnuts on the wheels.
    so what they did was reweld it together and redrill like what people were saying?i know it is not going to be the same but how much did you pay for this?

WANNA LOOK FRESH????

siniGANG represent!