Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Showing results 21 to 34 of 34
    alex0091
    how much does a 5spd swap cost?

Quote Originally Posted by alex0091 View Post
    how much does a 5spd swap cost?
    If you have to ask To Much!

1996 galant s
    finishing up my 2.4L DOHC, 10.5:1, precision sc60, meth injected MONSTER.

alex0091
    okay but about how much? lol

depends on parts, if your keeping stock or upgrading. $700-1300 maybe less or more
    00 Galant ES Turbo/5-Speed
    13 GTR

i just checked out that universal air suspension site. pretty sweet but i dont know how the rears would work out

if u want to go manual look to spend about a grand, good luck finding all the parts manual trannies are rare
    RIP GALANT, GOOD MORNING BMW 330i

330i ZSP (E90) - S4 (B5) / hellaflush

alex0091
    just 1k? wow i was expecting to hear like 2 or 3 but how hard is it to find? ive heard of plenty of people on this site talking about them swapping it.

Check your pms, bro i dont want to off-topic in his thread
    00 Galant ES Turbo/5-Speed
    13 GTR

Quote Originally Posted by guynlidia2006 View Post
    turbo
    x2
    -Well that never happened in the simulations.
    -'94 Galant GS Turbo

turbo would have to be a huge project that would keep my car down too long. unlike most cars if i turbo it i have to swap it to manual, if i dont swap it to manual i have to find some unknown form of engine management that will work with an automatic and still pass inspection. see what i mean?

Quote Originally Posted by lonestar22 View Post
    turbo would have to be a huge project that would keep my car down too long. unlike most cars if i turbo it i have to swap it to manual, if i dont swap it to manual i have to find some unknown form of engine management that will work with an automatic and still pass inspection. see what i mean?
    e-manage blue and ultimate have been used on club3g and people have been please with, no codes have came up and tunning is easy, i almost went this route but i know i would want to turn my boost up and being automatic on fuel management will restrict me so i put it on hold until my 5 spd swap becomes available to me
    '00 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64T (Samantha)
    '01 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64 (Daily)
    '02 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64 (SCRAPPED)
    '00 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64 (SCRAPPED)
    '91 Volvo 740 Turbo B230FT (SOLD)
    '88 Mitsubishi Mighty Max (SOLD)
    '91 Kawasaki ZX7 (SOLD)
    '95 Kawasaki ZX9R

Quote Originally Posted by spdracr View Post
    e-manage blue and ultimate have been used on club3g and people have been please with, no codes have came up and tunning is easy, i almost went this route but i know i would want to turn my boost up and being automatic on fuel management will restrict me so i put it on hold until my 5 spd swap becomes available to me
    I was reading up on that and I think I will go that route until the tranny finally takes a dump, no point in swapping transmissions when it still works great.
    OZ Rally Crew #001, Quaife Club member :D

my tranny should of taken a dump already. my fluids black and never been changed :::knock on wood:::

throw sum bags on it (from easy street) that way you will tuck in front and back 8)

Quote Originally Posted by lonestar22 View Post
    my tranny should of taken a dump already. my fluids black and never been changed :::knock on wood:::
    I know this thread is a few days old now, but I figured I would throw in my 2 cents. My 5 Speed Transmission swap added up to close to $1K when all was said and done. It took me 8 hours to do in my driveway by myself. Then I probably spend an hour or 2 the following days getting the cables aligned just right.

Looking back, I am glad that I did it. It was like an instant HP increase, 5 more mpg (now I average 29-31), and it is just way more fun to drive.

I vote 5 speed swap!

-Jeremy
    1964 Impala Convertible
    1989 Dodge Ram 50 w/ Turbo 4G63
    2005 Subaru 2.5 RS
    2006 Subaru Legacy GT
    My Car Blog

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12