The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Help with my setup - wiring diagram included

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 25

Help with my setup - wiring diagram included

this is my current setup. or well i think it is how it is wired. does it look right?

i was wondering if i get a decent amp and sub how much worse will it be to use the high level speaker level input rather than RCA? i want to keep my stock head unit so no shitheads break in..
    Last edited by starh4x; 12-02-2008 at 03:19 AM Reason: cat

As I told ya, upgrade your head unit first and foremost. You don't need to go fancy fancy, just something good enough to run subs/amps decently.

Or play with your amp settings or setup, but I personally doubt it'd make a difference.

Maybe someone else can offer some insight.

And again I can't make sense of your diagram ;)

Experienced TGC Member jimmy_o2's Avatar
    ill tell u this u didnt wire it right im surprised its even working from ur diagram
    03 I4

another tip find out ur RMS out put from ur amp find out ur RMS on ur subs

excample my setup 1 800 RMS sub 1 600 RMS Amp
    03 I4

You are here entirely tooo much!!
    yeah, your gonna have to get another head unit if you really want it to sound nice. jack one off a honda haha

Quote Originally Posted by jimmy_o2 View Post
    ill tell u this u didnt wire it right im surprised its even working from ur diagram
    its not wired like that. thats just how i thought it was wired? i didnt install it professionals did. i dont know how the wiring really is but i would like to find out.

another tip find out ur RMS out put from ur amp find out ur RMS on ur subs

excample my setup 1 800 RMS sub 1 600 RMS Amp
    300watt amp 700 watt sub?

Quote Originally Posted by E_Emerson88 View Post
    yeah, your gonna have to get another head unit if you really want it to sound nice. jack one off a honda haha
    hahahahahahaha:smt104:smt104 probably not lol :smt104:smt104

can someone please tell me the difference between high level inputs on the amp and rca inputs for the amp? if high inputs are letting me down i will have to buy an aftermarket and on top of that an alarm.

how can we help u unless you show a real diagram.. not what you think, there is no reason your amp would be grounded to the head unit, the ground should be as short as possible. Just buy a cheap pioneer head unit, no one will want to steal it and it will tie your system together..

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/produ...uct_id=8224432
    The above link does the job and won't cause anyone to break in imo
    Mods:
    2 tone leather interior, touch screen navigation, 7inch headrest tv's, 17" Driftz Black and Polished rims, 215 50 17 Goodyear Eagle Nct5 tires Tein s lowering springs, kyb gr-2 struts, rearview mirror camera, diamond black paint custom front and lower grill, Chrome door pillars., and chrome door handles. Powder coated my wipper arms wet black, exhaust heat sheild and my valve cover. 2nd gen led taillights

Yeah, Pioneer definitely do the job, and in the long run an alarm will be a good idea anyways, especially insurance wise, as it will decrease your premiums. But yeah, get an older Pioneer. As I said, it doesn't need to be flash.

I tell you now, if it was wired by proffessionals, it should be ok. I don't think at all your wiring is the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by guynlidia2006 View Post
    how can we help u unless you show a real diagram.. not what you think, there is no reason your amp would be grounded to the head unit, the ground should be as short as possible. Just buy a cheap pioneer head unit, no one will want to steal it and it will tie your system together..

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/produ...uct_id=8224432
    The above link does the job and won't cause anyone to break in imo

Quote Originally Posted by Jasmine View Post
    Yeah, Pioneer definitely do the job, and in the long run an alarm will be a good idea anyways, especially insurance wise, as it will decrease your premiums. But yeah, get an older Pioneer. As I said, it doesn't need to be flash.

I tell you now, if it was wired by proffessionals, it should be ok. I don't think at all your wiring is the problem.
    you guys are bastards im going to be soo poor soon. :smt110

and wtf ofcourse my amp woudlnt be grounded to my head unit. thats just showing the speaker level output from my heady to the amp.

Hey hey now, just offering suggestions you don't need to take it :P

Someone grounded my amp to my battery once...freaking bastard. Never used him again.

Quote Originally Posted by Jasmine View Post
    Hey hey now, just offering suggestions you don't need to take it :P

Someone grounded my amp to my battery once...freaking bastard. Never used him again.
    rofl did u hurt him? :smt079

yep
    03 I4

Quote Originally Posted by starh4x View Post
    you guys are bastards im going to be soo poor soon. :smt110

and wtf ofcourse my amp woudlnt be grounded to my head unit. thats just showing the speaker level output from my heady to the amp.
    dont ask for advice if you cant handle it
    Mods:
    2 tone leather interior, touch screen navigation, 7inch headrest tv's, 17" Driftz Black and Polished rims, 215 50 17 Goodyear Eagle Nct5 tires Tein s lowering springs, kyb gr-2 struts, rearview mirror camera, diamond black paint custom front and lower grill, Chrome door pillars., and chrome door handles. Powder coated my wipper arms wet black, exhaust heat sheild and my valve cover. 2nd gen led taillights

Quote Originally Posted by guynlidia2006 View Post
    dont ask for advice if you cant handle it
    give good advice. no offense but obviously my amp would not be grounded to my headunit. i can understand though because the wiring diagram was bad. please look at this new one guynlidia.

my main question is, what is the difference between high level input and RCA into an amplifiier. i ask this because the stock headunit has no RCA outputs and i would like to keep if possible to prevent break ins.

Last edited by starh4x; 12-08-2008 at 01:34 PM

Get yourself a hi/lo converter to keep your stock deck. Easy to install, but only downfall to this is not being able to control your lows from your head unit. Unless you have an amp with a control knob. Sound quality is okay but never the same if you had an aftermarket deck.

Quote Originally Posted by Frankv View Post
    Get yourself a hi/lo converter to keep your stock deck. Easy to install, but only downfall to this is not being able to control your lows from your head unit. Unless you have an amp with a control knob. Sound quality is okay but never the same if you had an aftermarket deck.
    thanks. yeh im gonna have to think about it. thansk everyne

ur diagram is still wrong
    03 I4

ur diagram is still wrong
    yeh well could you correct it pleasE? i was assuming it was wrong from the beggining.

my sysetm sounds much better now anyways. my sub box was too small for the sub. i bought a kicker c12 and new box.

ok first pic is the correct way
    second pic what i would choose for ur setup what u see in the yellow box is an EQ curcle in red means do not connect it there in green would be where u connect them

03 I4

thanks !!!!! exactly what ive been looking for

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast