The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: JET ECU Upgrade with A/T?

Showing results 1 to 16 of 16

JET ECU Upgrade with A/T?

I was thinking about sending ECU off to JET for them to chip the ECU. I have an a/t so I was thinking it would be better since I dont plan on going 5spd. Tractix wont work either...I have a 2002 4g64 Es galant. If I told Jet What to tune at and how much retard on igniiton timming, and AFR, and many others. will it work out...? I have seen alot of people say bad things but feed back from people were always N/A...what do you guys think...

2001+ ecu's will work with ecuflash. JET will do nothing for you. Please search...
    2.4L - AWD - 5SPEED - PTE 6057 at __PSI w/Wavetrac LSD

I'm an 02 and I'm flashed
    2002 Mitsubishi Galant ES 2.4L 4G64 */* !!NEW!! 03 Honda CBR F4i
    * a little done -*- more to come *
    My Dual Halo H3 Projector Project

are you boosted?

Quote Originally Posted by airborneparainf82 View Post
    I'm an 02 and I'm flashed
    You are? if you aren't boosted I dont think it will do much good.....
    The "Tumbler" Is Here
    Stock Longblock/Stock PCM | Custom Garrett 50-1 | 17 Psi | Weighing 2xxxLbs
    3xxWHP/3xxWTQ [Current]

Quote Originally Posted by Ivory8g View Post
    You are? if you aren't boosted I dont think it will do much good.....
    no, and yeah its nothing huge, but it was a noticable difference with all the other little gains added in with part upgrades. mainly i noticed an increase in fuel economy. the car is still a slow bucket, just with a little more umph lol

First things first I am a 2002 4g64 Turbo pushing 12lbs and with A/T. What I am trying to understand is my 02 galant ecu reflashable wiht an A/T? I have been hear for years and I havent heard anything positive about this subject. I dont want to go 5spd so thats out of the question. With the whole JET CHIP ECU thing i was wondering would it make alot of diffrence in preformance? According to them I can tell them to tune AFR,allow ecu to read and see boost pressure, ignition timming, and have ecu able to work with apexi safc2. To me these are the factors that matter the most when tunning so with that said have Jet base tune and me finer tune with safc? anyone?
    Also to Airborneparainf82- IS your galant flashed with A/T?

you can flash your ecu, but it will only read up to 100% load. once you hit boost, the ecu will not know how much fuel to use, or even what is going on. Johnathansgalant was able to wire in a Evo ecu into his A/t. He has the evo ecu control his fuel and timing while the stock ecu is still controlling the tranny and other sensors.

Quote Originally Posted by Boostdgalant View Post
    Also to Airborneparainf82- IS your galant flashed with A/T?
    yes Im AT and flashed using ECUflash, but as qnz just stated, if your running boost then just a flashed ECU alone will not be sufficent to control what you need.

Well JET says that when I reprogram/chip ecu that it will be able to see and function in boost...

well then trust jet, and not members who actually know what their talking about. Go for it, let us know how it works out.
    00 Galant ES Turbo/5-Speed
    13 GTR

4G64TT8G
    If jet said that they can fix it nd make it work then go 4 it nd give us details

No.... It won't work. But go ahead and spend your money. I guess the 5000+ people with evos/subies/eclipse/galant are just idiots. lol
    2.4L - AWD - 5SPEED - PTE 6057 at __PSI w/Wavetrac LSD

jet charged a member from GF $450 to do his ecu and he said the car idles like sh*t when its cold but when it warms up its fine

he is only running 5psi and thats all he wants, as far as him going over that i dont know how its possible since you need to use something to tune it
    '00 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64T (Samantha)
    '01 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64 (Daily)
    '02 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64 (SCRAPPED)
    '00 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64 (SCRAPPED)
    '91 Volvo 740 Turbo B230FT (SOLD)
    '88 Mitsubishi Mighty Max (SOLD)
    '91 Kawasaki ZX7 (SOLD)
    '95 Kawasaki ZX9R

my car IS a jet!
    RIP GALANT, GOOD MORNING BMW 330i

330i ZSP (E90) - S4 (B5) / hellaflush

jet lag?