The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Mitsubishi Evo X FQ-400

Showing results 1 to 17 of 17

Mitsubishi Evo X FQ-400

The coolest Evo i even see~

From the ‘It’s Better in Europe’ file comes the Mitsubishi Evo X FQ-400. While the hottest Mitsubishi Evo model on the U.S. market is the 291 hp Evo X MR, Mitsubishi U.K. has been making some serious improvements for the home market. For the last three generations of the Lancer Evo models, Mitsubishi U.K. has offered various models known as "FQ" (rumored to stand for F***ing Quick), and the FQ400 is the fastest of them all.

Mitsu teamed up with ADR Motorsport to tweak the standard 2.0-liter, four-cylinder turbo engine. It’s boosted with revised ECU programming and a new exhaust to produce around 405bhp. The peak torque will be 400lb ft. The car gets new cooling intakes and vents, including a larger bonnet (hood) intake and cooling slots for the rear brakes, upgraded brakes, six-pot calipers at the front, and new 18-inch alloy wheels. The 0 to 60 time is expected to be about 3.5 seconds.

Price? Between £45,000 and £50,000 (about $67,000 to $74,000), but you don’t need to concern yourself with that. Since it’s not available in the U.S., it only hurts to think about it. Maybe a 305 hp Subaru Imprza WRX STI may help ease the pain?

http://www.topspeed.com/cars/mitsubi...0-ar67599.html

Yeah, the FQs are nice, but too spendy, you could make your own evo faster for a lot less dough.
    OZ Rally Crew #001, Quaife Club member :D

why do the americans get teh watered down mitsu variants? my 7g has a touch screen for controlling ten cd stacker and aircon, GPS (only works in japan). and a tiptronic rather that n the normal auto that i think the left hand drive galants get?

Quote Originally Posted by starh4x View Post
    why do the americans get teh watered down mitsu variants? my 7g has a touch screen for controlling ten cd stacker and aircon, GPS (only works in japan). and a tiptronic rather that n the normal auto that i think the left hand drive galants get?
    if that is your galant in oyur sig then it is an 8G. jdm years are off from our years

"DSM's, making people mechanics since 1985"
    Quote Originally Posted by polishmafia
    You want real respect from those fools? Don't race him. Tell him racing is a sport left to young boys who are still waiting for their balls to drop. Then while he's out racing, fuck his girlfriend in the ass, take pics, and leave them on his car while hes at school.

You are here entirely tooo much!! 4-G-rim's Avatar
    FQ-400...I am in love!

1991 Galant VR4 1948/2000_________1996 Galant "S" 5 speed 2.4L turbo

OMFG thats hot.

i want interior and engine pics.

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

in soviet russia car drives you
    Quote Originally Posted by jubeiaire View Post
    i know a guy that saw a guy that knew a guy that once passed by a car that had been painted. Ill ask him tomorrow after consulting my magic ball to determine WHERE YOU LIVE in proximity to a paint shop NEAR WHERE YOU LIVE..................

Modified
    I don;t have the taste for the Evolution models after the VIII. Personally, I don't like the body of the X at all.

You are here entirely tooo much!! peanotation's Avatar
    i think they were using dohcstunr's camera over at topspeed when they took those pictures
    http://socallifestyle.com/

1994 Galant GS 5spd

fn nice...

You are here entirely tooo much!! 4-G-rim's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by peanotation View Post
    i think they were using dohcstunr's camera over at topspeed when they took those pictures
    OMG...:smt044

1991 Galant VR4 1948/2000_________1996 Galant "S" 5 speed 2.4L turbo

Quote Originally Posted by peanotation View Post

ROFL, it will never end.

"DSM's, making people mechanics since 1985"
    Quote Originally Posted by polishmafia
    You want real respect from those fools? Don't race him. Tell him racing is a sport left to young boys who are still waiting for their balls to drop. Then while he's out racing, fuck his girlfriend in the ass, take pics, and leave them on his car while hes at school.

TGC Regular
    Nice.... but why put smaller wheels on the car ?

If it has bigger brakes, wouldn't you leave them the same or go bigger again ?
    1994 Galant VR-4 GOKUH ( 230kw atw )
    2000 Legnum VR-4 ( Daily, 155.5kw atw )
    1997 Legnum VR-4 - Yes Another one
    1995 FTO - V6 Mivec 200hp

You are here entirely tooo much!! beam514's Avatar
    stock wheels are 18's

It looks good. I just love the look of the VIII more than any other generation.

TGC Regular
    Hmmm....

I'm sure ours have 19's.... must be something the dealers sometimes put on
    Last edited by Goku; 12-04-2008 at 05:11 PM
    1994 Galant VR-4 GOKUH ( 230kw atw )
    2000 Legnum VR-4 ( Daily, 155.5kw atw )
    1997 Legnum VR-4 - Yes Another one
    1995 FTO - V6 Mivec 200hp

Quote Originally Posted by kolio View Post
    if that is your galant in oyur sig then it is an 8G. jdm years are off from our years
    thanks ^^