The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Addco Sway Bar

Showing results 1 to 14 of 14
    Experienced TGC Member 02redgalant's Avatar

Addco Sway Bar

Hey guys I'm currently dealing with John at Design over at Addco and were trying to get the bar corrected, as there is some fitment issues with the current design,Addco needs a stock sway bar,unfortunately I threw mine away when I switched dorms. If someone has one laying around and wouldn't mind giving it to Addco (of course they will cover shipping) or if you currently have the stock one on and don't have a larger bar they will be able to give you a discount in return.

If you're Seriously interested please PM and I will give you the proper contact information to Addco.

You are here entirely tooo much!! RAZ_76's Avatar
    I have one I think, $50 shipped.

i don't know what is wrong with the current bar. i installed one for a friend and had no issues with installation. i mean besides the broken end links but that wasn't the sway bar's fault.

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

it lacks the exhaust bend..so everytime i hit the gas the exhaust hits it.. and it sits on the control arms so basically its useless unless you dremel end tips..and it keeps hitting the ball joint arms to when I go over a bump....so its useless and makes noises

Quote Originally Posted by 02redgalant View Post
    it lacks the exhaust bend..so everytime i hit the gas the exhaust hits it.. and it sits on the control arms so basically its useless unless you dremel end tips..and it keeps hitting the ball joint arms to when I go over a bump....so its useless and makes noises
    It is still functional.

I have my factory GTZ bar that I can lend, but I'd prefer it returned when the alterations are made.

I don't know why they never fixed the issue because when I bought mine, last year, it did the same thing and John made me a new one that worked. Th could have just redesigned it then.

Quote Originally Posted by RAZ_76 View Post
    I don't know why they never fixed the issue because when I bought mine, last year, it did the same thing and John made me a new one that worked. Th could have just redesigned it then.
    Yea I remember you saying that I while ago, I mentioned it to him he didn't seem to remember...I guess they'll do double work...well Ray and Dave I'll let him know tomorrow tomorrow see what he'd rather do..

also check w/ DANGER DANJ, he was the orginal tester for the bar and had different versions made (first one had clearance and reach issues). the second version they made for him was the one that was supposed to go into production... this was a few years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by RAZ_76 View Post
    I have one I think, $50 shipped.
    Yo Ray, is that stock bar or Addco?
    God created turbo lag to give the v8's a brief moment of hope.

Build Thread

Quote Originally Posted by mko View Post
    Yo Ray, is that stock bar or Addco?
    Addcos sell for like $170, it's stock dude!
    Last edited by RAZ_76; 12-03-2008 at 07:38 PM

So Today I get a random call from John from Addco, Apparently they have redesigned the bar, and its shipping out to me tomorr!!

Experienced TGC Member jimmy_o2's Avatar
    Wtf
    03 I4

like a year plus he finally is sending you one ???

If you can, try and locate a set of RMDSM front and rear sway bars (#MV-RMDSM3GV6, 3G Eclipse). The front is 17 1/2mm & rear is 24mm. They fit with no modification and is a much superior product. RMDSM has since dissolved, is now owned by Mach V, www.machv.com.
    Also, found this interesting discussion on Club 3G with regard to KYB AGX settings
    http://www.club3g.com/forum/wheels-t...-settings.html

I'm interested in feedback from Galant members who have KYB AGX struts, and what settings are used with current suspension setup. I have front and rear set to 2 with RMDSM sway bars, Tien springs, Energy Suspension control arm and sway bar bushings, Deyeme Racing polyurethane engine mounts, D3 chasis kit. It handles better than OEM, but feel there is room for improvement. Thought changing setting to 3 in rear may help. In advance, thanks to all who post.
    Last edited by GSpeed; 06-23-2009 at 10:53 PM