The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: GalantTuner10's build

Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
Showing results 41 to 60 of 490
    You are here entirely tooo much!! Galanttuner10's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ZigenScarface View Post
    it looks like the fmic is mounted vertically insted of horizontally
    yes exactly it is laid flat and flows very well in that position and no1 can c it at all
    2014 Lancer Evo GSR
    1996 Galant S 5 Speed Turbo
    Need a Turbo rebuilt or upgraded--> http://www.thegalantcenter.org/showt...ebuild-Service

Quote Originally Posted by Galanttuner10 View Post
    yes exactly it is laid flat and flows very well in that position
    Who told you that?

Proto
    That FMIC isn't going to get much air to it at all...

its not a matter of who told me that its a matter of ive done it before on a turbo tbird and it flows very well there.. it isnt something any of you have done so dont think you guys all know.. and if there is an issue i can change it later on.. im not worried about where it is at all
    2014 Lancer Evo GSR
    Need a Turbo rebuilt or upgraded--> http://www.thegalantcenter.org/showt...ebuild-Service

Lol yea that turbo is going to get hot as hell

1996 galant s
    finishing up my 2.4L DOHC, 10.5:1, precision sc60, meth injected MONSTER.

Quote Originally Posted by Galant306m View Post
    Lol yea that turbo is going to get hot as hell
    turbo gets hot anyway its a matter of heatsoaking the intercooler and causing overheatinf of the system.. but it flows well there trust me
    2014 Lancer Evo GSR

turbo gets hot anyway its a matter of heatsoaking the intercooler and causing overheatinf of the system.. but it flows well there trust me
    I think MItch meant the air flowing through the turbo will be hotter than usual.

If you say it works by experience then I wont go against you. But I highly doubt its efficient in that spot.

and I've tried it all, SMIC, FMIC, TMIC, etc. I've even played around with air-water intercoolers.

are you going to make a duct that will direct air into the intercooler atleast??

well, nonetheless good luck with the build hope it all works out for you
    Jigz-TGCIL Sosick Motorsports

R.I.P. Christopher "CRAZY CHRIS" Beckmann
    "you dont appreciate friendship until you lose your bestfriend...."
    I'd rather have the knowledge and ability to do it than the money to buy it already done.

Quote Originally Posted by 4g63lover View Post
    I think MItch meant the air flowing through the turbo will be hotter than usual.

If you say it works by experience then I wont go against you. But I highly doubt its efficient in that spot.

and I've tried it all, SMIC, FMIC, TMIC, etc. I've even played around with air-water intercoolers.

are you going to make a duct that will direct air into the intercooler atleast??

well, nonetheless good luck with the build hope it all works out for you
    if you look at the design of the bumper all the air comes in below the radiator and everything and is directed up.. theres a piece that helps push the air up.. i know it gets air and flow cuz driving in any wet conditions the top od the intercooler is covered and the only way water can get there is from underneath
    2014 Lancer Evo GSR

if you look at the design of the bumper all the air comes in below the radiator and everything and is directed up.. theres a piece that helps push the air up.. i know it gets air and flow cuz driving in any wet conditions the top od the intercooler is covered and the only way water can get there is from underneath
    or its coming in through the grill.

Lol before my G1 cut my post off it read

That turbo is going to get hot which having your FMIC mounted like that and not getting alot of air the intake temp is going to be outrageous.!

1996 galant s

Proto
    From owning a turbo eclipse and working on various other turbo cars... you are going to heat soak very bad..

Quote Originally Posted by Proto View Post
    From owning a turbo eclipse and working on various other turbo cars... you are going to heat soak very bad..
    agreed. we're all just trying to help you bro.

Try it like that, tune it and see how much power you make.

on the same tune, mount it the right way and see how much power you make then.

it will be a big difference and the intake temperatures wont be as high.
    Jigz-TGCIL Sosick Motorsports

R.I.P. Christopher "CRAZY CHRIS" Beckmann
    "you dont appreciate friendship until you lose your bestfriend...."
    I'd rather have the knowledge and ability to do it than the money to buy it already done.

I'd like to see the results with this IC setup, there are quite a few Rx7s running V mounted intercoolers that are almost laid flat, and they seem to do just fine, so we'll see
    OZ Rally Crew #001, Quaife Club member :D

i think it could do fine, i mean i like the idea but i think the way the 7g front is made not much air makes it to the top. I might make up a duct for you if you want just send me the dimensions of your FMIC and i will use my usdm bumper and make something for you to direct air to the fmic.

1996 galant s

^I agree with you completely, as long as there is proper ducting, he should be fine
    OZ Rally Crew #001, Quaife Club member :D

i think i will cad something up tonight when i get off of work. should be easy to make

1996 galant s

We must also not forget about the temperature of the air after passing through the intercooler. While a complicated duct that somehow manages to not block the radiator (while still providing enough cool air to the intercooler to not make it completely useless) seems like a reasonable band-aid, the air will be flowing straight into the hood latch area and the hood, greatly decreasing the velocity. In a normal FMIC setup, the air flows straight through the intercooler to the radiator, and is then pulled through by the cooling fans into what is usually a reasonably open space in the engine compartment, instead of trying to cram all of the air into a tiny area by the hood latch. There's a reason that most factory radiators and intercoolers (the STI being an exception) are mounted perpendicular to the ground. I'm no mechanical engineer or expert in fluid dynamics, but it kinda just makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by greddy View Post
    I'd like to see the results with this IC setup, there are quite a few Rx7s running V mounted intercoolers that are almost laid flat, and they seem to do just fine, so we'll see
    exactly i took this mounting idea from that style and this is how we did it on the tbird

the air is coming from underneath not above and the 7g bumper gets plenty air in and it gets turned up toward the radiator and such.. there is no right way to mount an intercooler only the commonly accepted way
    2014 Lancer Evo GSR

Experienced TGC Member johnygezony's Avatar
    It all takes faith.......

exactly i took this mounting idea from that style and this is how we did it on the tbird

the air is coming from underneath not above and the 7g bumper gets plenty air in and it gets turned up toward the radiator and such.. there is no right way to mount an intercooler only the commonly accepted way

hey i hope youre right. with the bumper you have its hard to see anything thru it anyway. the location will also make the IC piping route longer and as far as i know many DSMers prefer a shorter route piping
    God created turbo lag to give the v8's a brief moment of hope.

Build Thread

Get an IAT sensor and test both positions. Arguing the physics of this would be a waste of time and would go over most peoples head's.
    RIP
    1995 7G 4G64 / 63T DOHC Turbo
    Part Out Coming Soon

In search of 2G 3000GT VR4

Daily driving
    Dat '08 Cobalt Coupe

Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast