I am searching posts/reading tutorials but given the quantity of stuff here I'm asking for links to your favorite posts that might assist me with my next project.

I just added my fourth 7g Galant to the stable. I have a 94 ES (my car, 240+K on the clock), a 98 ES (wife's car, 131K), a 94 GS 5spd with a blown engine that needs minor body work and a paint job (been stored for a few years) and now the one I just bought; 95 ES with blown trans and good engine It also needs minor body work on front end but paint is good.

My plan: Put stock 95 ES SOHC engine and in the 94 GS. That will give me time to check out the GS for other problems before investing in body work/paint job and also to either rebuild the original GS engine or plan a DOHC head swap with the SOHC engine that gets put in the 94GS.

THREE QUESTIONS:
1. Reading the manual it says I have to pull the trans before I can pull the engine. Anyone pulled a 7g engine without pulling the trans first? Can it be done? Any lessons learned or issues with just pulling the engine?

2. From what I've read so far I need to swap the ECU with the engines. What I am not clear on is if I have to modify the wiring or will the 95 ES SOHC engine's ECU just plug into the 94 GS wiring and work?

3. Again, Seeking your thoughts/links to posts you think helpful?

FYI: The 95 ES will get parted out uness someone is interested in a 7g without an engine or trans.