The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: LSD/wheel lock for the back wheels for the 7G AWD

Showing results 1 to 17 of 17

LSD/wheel lock for the back wheels for the 7G AWD

is there made some kind of differential-lock/LSD or something for the 7G AWD? I don't know the name in english. I want to lock the shafts between my rear wheels, I want. Any ideas, other than velving?

a trans shop could probally weld it up.. check with a transmission shop..
    Mods:
    2 tone leather interior, touch screen navigation, 7inch headrest tv's, 17" Driftz Black and Polished rims, 215 50 17 Goodyear Eagle Nct5 tires Tein s lowering springs, kyb gr-2 struts, rearview mirror camera, diamond black paint custom front and lower grill, Chrome door pillars., and chrome door handles. Powder coated my wipper arms wet black, exhaust heat sheild and my valve cover. 2nd gen led taillights

why would you want to do that? A Lancer Evo LSD will go in the rear no problems, just make sure you have the correct ratio (3.909).

Quote Originally Posted by fuel View Post
    why would you want to do that? A Lancer Evo LSD will go in the rear no problems, just make sure you have the correct ratio (3.909).
    Where can i buy a Lancer Evo LSD? To what price? I can install it with no major modifications?

I won't veld it, if I can manage without it. I guess this thing will eat my tires after a while... :)

EDIT: I may have gotten my hands on an EVO IV LSD. Is this usable?
    Last edited by Steffen/Papi; 12-09-2008 at 03:24 PM

No you can't use an Evo IV LSD as that's AYC. You need an Evo1-3 LSD with 3.909 ratio

won't the LSD itself in the EVO123 diff just slap onto the Galant AWD ring and pinion gear? Then you don't have to worry about gear ratios.

Cusco Kaaz and ATS are a few places you can go to to get your LSD. EVO123 chassis code is CD9A.

how about diffs for E39A galant VR4? will those fit?

Do the actual AWD 7g galant come with the same rear end as 2g Eclipse AWD or Mitsubishi had come up with some totally different. As far as i know Evo 1-3 share the same setup as 6g Galant VR4 and 1g Eclipse AWD /GSX/ and Ive never heard of someone swapping 1g differential to 2g car. I might be wrong tho, the actual gears might match
    God created turbo lag to give the v8's a brief moment of hope.

Build Thread

I have no idea actually. But funny thing is this, I just did my rear diff on my JDM 7G VR4 and the one that came from an Asian junkyard (another 7G VR4) and the one that was on my car uses completely different axle inserts.

On my car:
    spline insert, the axle end comes out with a flathend screw driver. The shaft ends where the splines end.

on the junkyard car:
    spline insert, the axle end comes out with a flathead screwdriver. The shaft end has a protrusion that's round and splineless that seem to go across the differential.

both diffs are 3.909:1 with Viscous LSD (on the label outside at least)

and a 1G diff is like 3-bolt or 4-bolt i.e. the axle shaft comes out when you undo 3 bolts/4bolts..... but I have yet to get my hands on one

According to Mitsubishi ASA the 7G VR4 rear diff is unique - it doesn't share a part number with ANY other car. the part number for the whole assembly is MB912578

2G diff is similarly structured isn't it? but the gear ratio floats around 3.4xx to 3.5xx

breakdown: D27A = 1G D33A = 2G E39A = 6G E84A = 7G CD9A = EVO1
    the LSD unit part number
    for D33A: MB569986
    for E39A: MB569831 (open differential)
    for E39A (JDM!): MB393864 (viscous type, with clutch versions available, same as CD9A one.)
    for D27A: MB393864 (viscous type)
    for E84A: NO DATA
    for CD9A: MB837571 (Clutch Type LSD)

we know that E39A and D27A rear diffs are interchangeable...so assume that the LSD bolt pattern is the same.

ring and pinion set part number
    for E84A: MB860149 at 3.909 shared with EVO123 and Expo
    for D33A: MB185307 at 3.545
    for E39A: MB185307 at 3.545
    for D27A: MB185307 at 3.545
    for CD9A: MB860149 at 3.909

so by deduction you can kind of see how the different diff slaps onto both 1G and 2G because the ring and pinion are the same kit. What's left is wether or not the splines are the same so that the 2G spline type will correctly "snap" into a 1G differential - which would be the same differential as a CD9A EVO123.

so there you have it. use this information to your own advantage.

Has anyone with an AWD weldedthese two shafts? I seriously thinking about welding it, but... I'm just nowquite sure what to do... I don't want to ruin anything on the car...

how can i get a AWD 7g stateside?
    "One good thing about music, when it hits you, you feel no pain." - Bob Marley

lol... im sure you can, no one has tried hard enough yet. :)

Quote Originally Posted by hk20000 View Post
    come buy mine then.
    i only buy virgin galants. not one that has been raped :)

Quote Originally Posted by ViciousLord View Post
    how can i get a AWD 7g stateside?
    depends on the state. find an importer that will get you one. then pay registration fees and all the fees that need it to be legal

"DSM's, making people mechanics since 1985"
    Quote Originally Posted by polishmafia
    You want real respect from those fools? Don't race him. Tell him racing is a sport left to young boys who are still waiting for their balls to drop. Then while he's out racing, fuck his girlfriend in the ass, take pics, and leave them on his car while hes at school.

we dont have emissions here in florida so it shouldn't be to hard. thanks again.

15 year old twin turbo machine that hasn't been raped comes in unicorn flavor.