The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: check engine light

Showing results 1 to 7 of 7

check engine light

is there a fuse to check the engine light because when i plugged my computer of go to autozone they say its not working and mine work only power true the plug and yes the key on turn to click

I having trouble understanding what you are trying to say. Please explain and use proper grammar.
    http://www.gasketer.ecrater.com/
    get you OEM parts with low price

whatever your trying to say is a mystery. if you want help type correctly

"DSM's, making people mechanics since 1985"
    Quote Originally Posted by polishmafia
    You want real respect from those fools? Don't race him. Tell him racing is a sport left to young boys who are still waiting for their balls to drop. Then while he's out racing, fuck his girlfriend in the ass, take pics, and leave them on his car while hes at school.

ok my check engine light is on ok and when i plugged my computer on there and my computer work power by the plug no battery but when i plugged it in a my mom car it turn on but when i plugged it in on my i dont turn on why

oh, I finally understand. What he is trying to say is that he use his scanner on his galant, it does not power up. However, when he plugged into different car it will power up.

My solution is check the pin out on the plug. I believed there is one of the pin is power and that might be your problem. Search on the forum for the pin out.
    http://www.gasketer.ecrater.com/
    get you OEM parts with low price

I am guessing your 7g is a 1994 or 1995. The most likely cause is you are using a code reader that cannot read a 7g galant on board diagnostics (OBD). I can't remember the specifics but I know the 1994 and I think the 1995 7g galants use an earlier type of OBD (OBD I?) system although it has a plug for reading codes from the newer generation of OBD OBD II?). For the 94 7g you have to flash the codes. I believe this is true for the 95 7gs. I believe the 1996-1998 7g had a proper OBD II system and plug. Sorry but its been a while since I have delt with this. Search the forums for info on how to do flash codes or pick up a Haynes manual ($20 autozone) as they have a section on how to do it, jjj.
    jjj
    98 ES (5 spd), 94 GS (5 spd), 94 ES (rebuilt auto), 92 Toyota 4X4, 81 KZ550 A2, 67 Mercedes 250S, 58 Mercedes 190SL

briggs
    Correct, my 94 can only be read using dealer scanners. The easiest way is to have the computer flash out the code. You have to short one of the pins to ground. Its either pin #1 or the last pin. I know it's not the red one. Shorting that to ground will blow a fuse. I think it's a green and grey wire. Once you do this it will flash the too digit code.

go buy a haynes manual at autozone and it has teh full proceedure.