The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Balance Shaft Belt.....Again

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Showing results 61 to 64 of 64
    Quote Originally Posted by skrap View Post
    In the 3rd picture.. The lifter on the left is installed correctly... That way the oil can get through...
    I know this is way old but in the third pic you said that the lifter to the left was installed correctly...mine are installed like the one to the right....uh oh? whats this mean?? is this why they tick intermetly?

the oil hole goes in the rocker arm and the side without the hole goes on the valve.

1994 Galant S. 90 Percent GS.

So how do i know if i have oil prrssure?

EL Galam
    Most of the experienced 7g folks say stick with OEM parts from the dealer. I agree with that advice but my closest dealer is 5 hours away so I end up with stuff from on line dealers or Napa, Autozone or O'Riley's. I would never pay more than OEM for a part unless I was building something for power. If you are building an engine with plans to turbo it, etc then pay extra for things like headbolts (studs), high performance clutch, etc. Otherwise, stay with the OEM parts. In some appication like timing belts and head gaskets most say just go with OEM regardless if you are planing to boost your engine or not.

JOker 96
    One of the idiot lights (red warning lights) on your dash will stay on to indicate you have low oil pressure. Look at your owners manual to see which light it is. ASll the idiot lights should go off after 10-30 seconds after your car starts. If you are really concerned about oil pressure you can wire/plumb in a gauge that will tell you what your oil pressure is. BTW, they call them idiot lights because by the time they indicate something is wrong the damage has probably already been done.
    jjj
    98 ES (5 spd), 94 GS (5 spd), 94 ES (rebuilt auto), 92 Toyota 4X4, 81 KZ550 A2, 67 Mercedes 250S, 58 Mercedes 190SL

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234