The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Balance Shaft Belt.....Again

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Showing results 21 to 40 of 64
    no need to remove the axle.
    use a u-joint, or just a screwdriver, or try a pivoting box wrench, or even a crows foot if you have to.
    there's a tool for every job.

i just installed a new oem front case gasket yesterday. its bluish, doesn't come in a mitsu bag.

make sure you install a new oil pump seal and main seal.

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

any tips on loosening a really tight screw?

looks like ill have to buy a new oil pump since i cant loosen the damn screw, i tried heating it a bit, hitting it with a hammer softly and i called strong hardcore people none of them could damn it, u guys think a machine shop would be able do remove it??? its the screw thats on the rear cover of the pump where the rear bshaft is

really?
    so you cant get the oil pump case apart from the front cover?

a new front cover is not cheap.

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

finally i loosened the bolt. i had a hard time removing the remains of the old gasket. now where do i put the metal ring thing i bought.

where can i get the oil pump cover bolts, am puting everything back in place but but i dont remember where eeach bolt goes cuz they are different lengths

you really cant mess that up, if the bolt is too long, it will stick out. If its too short it will be blatantly obvious.

I think SBR sells them.

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

so well after 6 months my car still doesn't work ive been very busy lately with college, well i found time to finish the car. 6 month with the crank bolt off so the oil was very drained. i replaced the rear bs with an original mitsubishi stubby and put everything back on, used a new front case gasket and some rtv grey silicone as sealer in the oil pan. i mistakenly used some 5w30 oil. Anyway put everything back on and tried starting the car and thats when this happened.... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZkVjuZJUS0M
    i checked oil after i tried for the first time and it didnt show. after a while a tried again for the video and there it did show the oil. i am thinking that maybe when bshaft belt broke and threw the car off sync some valves got bent. does that looks like it??

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZkVjuZJUS0M

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    Its possible. Easy way to find out, do a compression test. It looks like its getting fuel and possibly spark on at least one or two cylinders. Did the crank angle sensor survive the busted bs belt?
    7g for life!

yes,it survived this time. last time i had to replace it. also i noticed that timing is off by half a tooth, but i dont think thats enough to mess up that bad

i got the head out yesterday. and i dont see any bent valves at all. sprocket turn all right and everything but when it was on car it didnt. am getting it checked today.
    Last edited by Joker96; 08-30-2009 at 01:02 PM

the guys at the machine shop said valves where good, so they only cleaned the head, looks brand new now. they also removed the lifters and left every bolt on it loose. so i now have to get the head back together. i am having trouble installing the lifters since this is the first time i actually see them. my questions are... when putting lifters in their holes, the end of the lifter with a hole on it goes against the valve itself or the other way with the hole inside the chamber thing. and do i have to set some timing or something with the distributor? thanks in advance.

help

TGC Regular
    Is it the Sohc???? Please post pics of what you are talking bout and i can probibly help you

as u can see in the picture everything is loose even the belt sprocket.

http://img9.imageshack.us/img9/7312/09232009035.jpg
    http://img9.imageshack.us/img9/4260/09232009036.jpg
    http://img198.imageshack.us/img198/7509/09232009037.jpg

which of the 2 installed lifters is correctly installed?

and how do i know if i am having oil pressure after the balance shaft removal?

TGC Regular
    The round part of it should be on the valve....In the 3rd link the lifter on the right looks in badd shape... If you are putting this back together for use i would suggest you getting new lifters... and also did the machine shop take your valves and springs off??? If they did... did they replace your valve seals??? If not you need to get new ones and replace them.... Other wise you will burn oil like crazy... And even if they didnt since you have the head off I would suggest replaceing the valve seals anyway... Becasue they will more than likely leak now...

yes they replaced the seals. lifters are not that old less than 10k miles on them. ok so the hole on the lifter should stick out goes against the valve perfect

TGC Regular
    the round part of the lifter matches with the valve...

ok i got lost, in the 3rd pic which one is correcly installed

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast