The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Keyless entry ?

Showing results 1 to 11 of 11

Keyless entry ?

How can I determine if my car came from the factory with keyless entry? Ive had the car for about 7 years and Im the 2nd owner but never had a key fob.
    Thanks for the help.
    1995 Galant S

You are here entirely tooo much!! 4-G-rim's Avatar
    From you sig...I am assuming you have a "S" model. Most likely yours didn't come with keyless entry being a "S" model...most likely either a ES or LS.

You can call your local Mitsu dealer and give them your VIN and they should be able to bring up all the equipment that was on that car prior to it being sold.

1991 Galant VR4 1948/2000_________1996 Galant "S" 5 speed 2.4L turbo

Thanks. Is there anything I could look for if it was ordered with keyless entry?
    1995 Galant S

i personally would just get an aftermarket kit, probably an alarm with keyless. figure this. you need to find out if it had it. then find a keyfob for the car (there are different keyfobs that look the same, different fcc id) and then get it programmed.

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

I'm pretty positive yours doesn't have keyless.
    I've only seen it on the GS and LS models.

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

I do know that they guy that owned it before my wife worked at the Mitsubishi dealership that he bought the car from. It does have a red light where the power mirror switch would have been.
    1995 Galant S

Experienced TGC Member fliegendaffe's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by chevymec View Post
    I do know that they guy that owned it before my wife worked at the Mitsubishi dealership that he bought the car from. It does have a red light where the power mirror switch would have been.
    do you have power locks or no? the red led doesn't have anything to do with keyless entry unless it's an aftermarket alarm.

You are here entirely tooo much!! fatal1's Avatar
    that led would be an indicator of aftermarket...i say take a look under the dash (most likely location) and look for a (most likely) black box of some sort with wires leading out of it...prob held on by zipties or something that an installer would have put there may be easier if you take off the lower panel...then look for a brand and model # on that box and if you find one just order a new key fob for that alarm that was installed they are pretty easy to program especially if it is a basic alarm

Quote Originally Posted by DOHCstunr View Post
    I'm pretty positive yours doesn't have keyless.
    I've only seen it on the GS and LS models.
    My 97 ES has keyless, btw.
    Light em up.

Quote Originally Posted by fliegendaffe View Post
    do you have power locks or no? the red led doesn't have anything to do with keyless entry unless it's an aftermarket alarm.
    Yes it has power locks. I was wondering if the red led was factory but I gues not. Thanks everybody.
    1995 Galant S

I need help with installing a aftermarket keyless entry can anyone give me a step by step instructions for this
    Sent from my RM-917_nam_usa_100 using Tapatalk