The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Symptoms of bad Oil Pump...?

Showing results 1 to 4 of 4

Symptoms of bad Oil Pump...?

Hey guy si have been turbo for about 3 years now. I just hit 103,000 miles and i was wondering if anyone ere has delt with oil pump problems or have you seen or delt with oil pump problems on 64 8th gen.

You are here entirely tooo much!! 4-G-rim's Avatar
    -If you have a oil pressure gauge and oil pressure doesn't rise with RPM's thats a sign.
    -No oil pressure during idle

1991 Galant VR4 1948/2000_________1996 Galant "S" 5 speed 2.4L turbo

Actually my 2001, that my buddy now owns, had a oil pump cog seal fail. I was boosted for about a year and he was the one to recieve this wonderful problem. We discussed the evo pump for replacement once he gets settled in for boost again. I remember when it leaked it shot oil everywhere underneath. It reminded me of a broken cv joint (messy). The oil kinda just dripped out steady.
    Last edited by Tommy Di Cat; 12-09-2008 at 10:15 AM Reason: more info

You are here entirely tooo much!! Stewi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommy Di Cat View Post
    Actually my 2001, that my buddy now owns, had a oil pump cog seal fail. I was boosted for about a year and he was the one to recieve this wonderful problem. We discussed the evo pump for replacement once he gets settled in for boost again. I remember when it leaked it shot oil everywhere underneath. It reminded me of a broken cv joint (messy). The oil kinda just dripped out steady.
    Just an FYI the EVO oil pump and the stock 8g 4G64 oil pump are the exact same thing, even the same part#. The only difference is the oil filter housing, the EVO one has the feed/return for the oil cooler and the 8g doesnt.
    Quote Originally Posted by qnz
    well there are talkers and there are do'ers. talkers never do. and do'ers never talk
    99' Galant ES
    4G64/63T
    AEM EMS