The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Does this look right?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 42
    I4betterthanUR4

Does this look right?

Well I bought a "V6" throttle body for my I4 today. Took it apart to clean it and was doing some measurements and it seems to be the same exact size as the TB in my car.... hmmm. What do you guys think? Did I get played a fool?

Its way to early for me. I'll let someone else explain this to you.

If you post stupid and incorrect information, you will get red nuggets.

while you're at it, go buy a v6 instrument cluster for your i4 and make a review on it.

You are here entirely tooo much!! RAZ_76's Avatar
    Never fucking mind
    Last edited by RAZ_76; 12-10-2008 at 12:26 PM

Experienced TGC Member Galantfan88's Avatar
    I was told that the v6 throttle body would not fit right on thr 4cyl....or would it?

you can tell just buy looking without a ruler ones bigger.

You sir, need to learn to read rulers
    OZ Rally Crew #001, Quaife Club member :D

not to mention that both measurements were taken at different spots. you fail.

'Nuff said
    Chip

2000 Basalt Black Metallic GTZ
    (Paint Code: Porsche LC9Z)

Genuine experience carries a lot more credibility than the ability to answer a question.

Quote Originally Posted by Galantfan88 View Post
    I was told that the v6 throttle body would not fit right on thr 4cyl....or would it?
    You fail almost as much as the OP. You can clearly see they aren't the same size, PLUS they don't even look NEARLY the same.

I4betterthanUR4
    Oh wow you guys are retarded. I love how you jump to conclusions and assume i'm retarded. Obviously as you can see from the first pic it tapers. For every one on the tgc board let me explain that to you. As the hole goes in.... It gets smaller.... Now with that being said did you guys take time to consider that is the same throttle body??? Those two pics are front and back dip shits. I never took off my i4 throttle body only did quick measurements from under hood fuck face. Wow, i wouldn't expect any less from you guys though. I was hoping to get some intelligent responses and i get this stupid shit. Thanks tgc!!! Later fuckers.

Quote Originally Posted by I4betterthanUR4 View Post
    Oh wow you guys are retarded. I love how you jump to conclusions and assume i'm retarded. Obviously as you can see from the first pic it tapers. For every one on the tgc board let me explain that to you. As the hole goes in.... It gets smaller.... Now with that being said did you guys take time to consider that is the same throttle body??? Those two pics are front and back dip shits. I never took off my i4 throttle body only did quick measurements from under hood fuck face. Wow, i wouldn't expect any less from you guys though. I was hoping to get some intelligent responses and i get this stupid shit. Thanks tgc!!! Later fuckers.

Are you serious?? You couldn't tell the sarcasm in every post?? You really are dumb. Hope you never come back.

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    Are you guys sure these arent the same throttle body? 3rd pic is the back of the tb. I know the 7g tb is tapered, the inlet/intake side is 60mm, the outlet/intake manifold side is more like 53mm.

I think you all fail, this is the same tb! pwned!
    7g for life!

I4betterthanUR4
    Quote Originally Posted by RAZ_76 View Post
    now if you look at them you also see that they look different, like a lot.
    HAHAHAHAHA your fucking retarded that's the same throttle body front and back. nice one asshole

Quote Originally Posted by I4betterthanUR4 View Post
    HAHAHAHAHA your fucking retarded that's the same throttle body front and back. nice one asshole
    You're the stupid fucking retard that bought a part that doesn't even know if it works or not. Dumb ass!!

I4betterthanUR4
    Quote Originally Posted by RAZ_76 View Post
    Are you serious?? You couldn't tell the sarcasm in every post?? You really are dumb. Hope you never come back.
    sarcasm dude? what sarcasm you all were fucking making fun of me cause I showed you pics of the same throttle body, which is the same size in my I4 just never put any pics of the I4 one do I need to spoon feed you?? I posted pics of front and back to tell you guys I was gonna try to bore it out and get your opinions. Thanks but I'd much rather get ideas from people who can realize they're looking at the same piece of metal WITHOUT jumping to conclusions.

No need to call names. Everyone above was too quick make judgements.

I dont believe boring it out is a good solution at all. Does the v6 tb not bolt up to an i4 intake manifold? Im sure the i4 tb is not 61mm on the outlet side if its anything like the 7g sohc tb.
    7g for life!

Noob starts insulting senior members and nothing happens, not even Off topic. Well I'll be damned if there's not some favoritism going around these boards.

You're going to bore out your TB? On your 4 banger?

HOLY FUCKING SHIT! You might get .5 whp out of it.

You are a dumbass. Do you have an older brother named TJ?

Well every one of you answered his questions wrong, and every one of you answered his question with a sarcastic type answer.

I searched, the v6 throttle body will bolt up and work fine. I didnt find the inlet/outlet sizes though. So someone else will have to confirm if those are the right measurements for a v6 tb.
    7g for life!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast