The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Snow driving fun til' pain.

Showing results 1 to 9 of 9

Snow driving fun til' pain.

So I was driving to my friends house on the north shore last saturday right after it snowed.

The car was fine and so composed until the brakes locked up and I was unable to avoid the curb even after taking my foot off the brake and putting power to the wheels to pull me away.

I clipped the curb with my front passenger side wheel and not took a nice chunk out of the side of my rim, but thats the least of my worries, the camber seems off now and there is a distinct vibration and sound past 25 mph any tips to go about fixing.

I took the wheel of and examined the brakes and suspension and they look fine think it could just be a fucked up wheel? I'll swap the wheel with a back wheel to see if vibration location changes although other tips would be nice.

you more than likely bent your strut. believe it or not their actually pretty easy to bend along with your tie rods
    RIP GALANT, GOOD MORNING BMW 330i

330i ZSP (E90) - S4 (B5) / hellaflush

You are here entirely tooo much!! 9G's Avatar
    fun fun.

You are here entirely tooo much!! Jeffylou87's Avatar
    That sucks dood.. Get your front end checked..

I would also take a look at your control arms as well... thats more likely to bend than your struts by hitting a curb, trust me, it happened to me once on my MR2. if you need anything check out:

https://www.mitsubishiparts.com/oe_parts_catalog.html

I got my control arms for the eclipse from that site when I did my suspension overhaul.
    A ricer is someone who believes that lights, stickers, useless parts, stupid driving and any other abnormal or dangerous driving habits help them in their need for speed or attention.

You are here entirely tooo much!! RAZ_76's Avatar
    I have that control arm if you need one.

I did the same thing in the rain a long time ago, when the G was completely stock, hit a curb going around a corner much too fast, bent the control arm and strut.
    OZ Rally Crew #001, Quaife Club member :D

Thanks guys Ill look into it next time im at the garage and we have an off day hopefully my boss doesnt bitch to me about it

Im in the market for an old ford bronco now to use as a winter car and keep the G as my spring and summer car.

Well last night I bought an 89 montero which runs very nice the only thing is the brake light is on so it may need fluid or it may need brake lines I couldn't check last night. Either way I drove it and everything works fine, it still stops you just need a bit of pressure on the brakes. The G is going off the road and will be repaired by summer.