The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Im back...50/50

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Showing results 41 to 60 of 93
    yeah put the jdm chrome grille and lip kit on and its complete. or maybe some blinker mirrors.

can somebody photoshop a chrome grille and blinker mirrors to show dre.

You are here entirely tooo much!! 99 galant's Avatar
    i think chrome grill would ruin it. blinker mirrors, nice idea to finish it

I have no idea what it would look like. But nock has 2 grilles anyway, the painted one and a chrome one. I think the chrome grill might look good as long as it has the chrome headlights like the one in the pic

Body color grill with a white car, looks and flows much nicer.

You are here entirely tooo much!! beam514's Avatar
    so i better see you at MOD then next year

You are here entirely tooo much!! SkylineG1's Avatar
    That black VIP galant is 100% uncut sex.

Great Idea!
    BUT Im always into white cars.
    The Lexus will be painted all white eventually, just as the Galant will be.
    Look at my sig, same setup. all white, no Fiberglass this time, and center grill/front bumper will be black.

I will have the chrome grill too. He's giving me the painted JDM and JDM chrome one.

I can get the pillars in chome, all door handles in chrome, and just as my SSR Vienna, get some wheels that are bright....but well see.

The car will stay as with with HIDs for heads/fogs as the first mod to make it more safe @ night.

We'll see what I do. His car is already done really.

Just Suspension, Wheels, and misc minor touches to it is all it needs.

But trust I wont be cheap and take my time on the wheels. That will really set the car off.

Im just still not sure the way 240sx people measure their cars to maximize what Wheels and tires they can push.

Thankfully my friend is a moderator at Zilvia.net and will do all that math for me :P
    Last edited by Sillyasianz; 12-13-2008 at 03:07 AM
    Accident. Deemed Unfixable. Got a check for it.

i wanna see 20x12 poke.

lol. crazy. I cant even do that on the lexus.

Im only gonna do a full flat fender roll all around, largest camber kit available, and a MILD pull @ most.

No fender flares.

I want this to be as much Fiberglass free as I can.

Wheels I havent even started to shop cause knowing me, I'll buy them already. lol
    Accident. Deemed Unfixable. Got a check for it.

20x10.5 then. it will fit if the offset and camber are perfect (w/ folded fenders).

Experienced TGC Member njjfudge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by VIPtint View Post
    idk, i say ditch the lex and do the G big. thats me though. i doubt anybody else will agree, but everybody on VSC couldnt deny how dope this is

got these specs too
    I love that G............got a pic of it too

2001 w/Old Style VR-4 front conversion

what you got, in black, with some nice wheels would kill this ^^^^. cuz you would have the lip kit, and i think the chrome jdm grille would look better only if you got the chrome jdm heads though.
    everytime i post my car on VSC that car is posted by someone else right after lol
    RIP GALANT, GOOD MORNING BMW 330i

330i ZSP (E90) - S4 (B5) / hellaflush

from my math you can do 18x10.5 +36, 18x10 +31, 18x9.5 +25, 18x9 +19, 18x8.5 +13
    if you want 19 i would try 19x10.5 +mid 40 ish

ill slap my front scara on my rear to test it if you want. its a 19x9.5 +35, so i can easily do the math on 19s too but i need to test it first.

from my math you can do 18x10.5 +36, 18x10 +31, 18x9.5 +25, 18x9 +19, 18x8.5 +13
    if you want 19 i would try 19x10.5 +mid 40 ish

ill slap my front scara on my rear to test it if you want. its a 19x9.5 +35, so i can easily do the math on 19s too but i need to test it first.
    19x10.5 +(40-50) will definately rub strut in the rear. my 19x8.5 +48 is very close allready and camber corrected... go negative and it will touch (especially on full compression). 19x10.5 +20 might do the trick; 3mm more inner clearance and 53mm more extended (gonna have to fold, pull, poke and stretch). your 18x8 +15 (-5 spacer = +10 total) extends 37mm more than mine but also has 44m more clearance inside than my wheels. check your 19x9.5 +35 for clearance to rear strut for a better idea, you'd have a more concrete idea of final offset since your running heavy negative camber and have less innner clearance than me right now. probably gonna have to stretch 235's or even 225's to get this to tuck. it's gonna be real close (but that's the whole point right)!
    Last edited by Reelax; 12-13-2008 at 04:25 PM

Backspace is a easy measurement to know and give you what does and what doesn't fit, but I'm not going to give any more input on the subject.

yeah thats why i need to test, my math is all from the QP. i have no idea if it will hit the spindle. but once i test fit my 19 i can better idea of what specs will do. i wouldnt suggest going with anything wider than a 9.5 in the rear of a G.

Quote Originally Posted by RedGalant2k1 View Post
    Backspace is a easy measurement to know and give you what does and what doesn't fit, but I'm not going to give any more input on the subject.
    it's just that the available space to suspension is going to be affected by negative camber, that's why VIPTINT and i are seeing different things... that's why mine fit well (even at full strut compression) slammed BUT camber corrected... i know they would not fit at current ride height and still allow suspension travel if i was not camber corrected. i theorize 10-10.5 can be done w/o flares but it is going to be a question of mm's clearance on both inside and outside in the rear and fender folding/cutting (and probably pulling) will be required.

Quote Originally Posted by Reelax View Post
    it's just that the available space to suspension is going to be affected by negative camber, that's why VIPTINT and i are seeing different things... that's why mine fit well (even at full strut compression) slammed BUT camber corrected... i know they would not fit at current ride height and still allow suspension travel if i was not camber corrected. i theorize 10-10.5 can be done w/o flares but it is going to be a question of mm's clearance on both inside and outside in the rear and fender folding/cutting (and probably pulling) will be required.
    actually the camber doesnt matter because regardless of camber the spindles goes with it. so if you camber the wheel, the spindle tilts inward too. but with a bigger diameter wheel it gets closer to the spindle cuz it arches outward, so i have to test the 19. i can calculate it for 18 though.

its sprinkling so i wont test it today

Welcome back to the g game bro
    Jigz-TGCIL Sosick Motorsports

R.I.P. Christopher "CRAZY CHRIS" Beckmann
    "you dont appreciate friendship until you lose your bestfriend...."
    I'd rather have the knowledge and ability to do it than the money to buy it already done.

Quote Originally Posted by Reelax View Post
    19x10 or 10.5 won't fit unless you run 6" of backspace or less. And if you run less you are running a lower offset as a result, and bringing the wheel outer lip in line with the fender. Even if you put a 18x10 or 10.5" its not going to clear the fenders. You'd have to have a stupid skinny tire to clear the rear knuckle and fender.

And lets be honest a 10 or 10.5" wheel will not fit anything less than a 235, and that is with mega stretch on it. Even if you fit a 225 why would you want to? And I'd hope it wouldn't be a daily vehicle.

actually the camber doesnt matter because regardless of camber the spindles goes with it. so if you camber the wheel, the spindle tilts inward too. but with a bigger diameter wheel it gets closer to the spindle cuz it arches outward, so i have to test the 19. i can calculate it for 18 though.

its sprinkling so i wont test it today
    It all matters no matter what you think. If you didn't use excessive camber or cutout your fender lip the wheels you so adamantly say fit wouldn't fit. Regardless of what is thought I know quite a bit about what fits and how to make it fit correctly without running stupid amounts of camber or modifying your rear knuckle.

Anyways...welcome back Silly. Can't wait to see how your next G turns out.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast