The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: HOW TO: Custom Double DIN Bezel (PICTURE GUIDE)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Showing results 21 to 25 of 25
    Once you molded the bezel it would be nice to overlay it in real carbon fiber.
    Nice work.

updated!!! first page

- If you've got nothing nice to say, what the hell is wrong with you!?!

hi, how did you fix the a/c on the lower level?it does not have any places to put the screws!

Quote Originally Posted by dimushor View Post
    hi, how did you fix the a/c on the lower level?it does not have any places to put the screws!
    simple: you make a hole to put the screws. lol

Seems to be a common question and I see a lot of hvac's that are kind of hanging out.

I'm very slowly working on my double din install, but I just got the hvac controls mounted last night. I'll post pics later on when I'm finished.

They mount the same way as they normally do, from the backside of the dash. To have them come forward a bit and sit flush, you have to trim the plastic mounts that are on the hvac unit. (Obviously, you have to pull the unit outside of the dash to do this)

Using a dremel, I cut them basically in half.. meaning, I trimmed off the depth. Theyre pretty thick, so you have room to work with. Just make sure each side is even.

The tricky part is lining it up to make sure you mount the unit correctly. That just takes trial and error. If you're screen isn't installed, you can put the bezel back on, line up the hvac and reach through the top where your screen will go and mark your spot (make sense?).

then just drill it in. Use the same screws that were in it before. Pilot holes help, or you can just gun it with a screw.

Like I said, I'll post pics sometime to show how I did mine. I also trimmed off any unnecessary tabs on the dash and back of the radio bezel.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12