The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: cheap wiring kits vs branded

Showing results 1 to 4 of 4

cheap wiring kits vs branded

what is the difference between cheap wiring kits and expensive branded ones?

my wiring was done by professionals but the kit i provided was real cheap asscrack.

is cheap wiring for my sub and amp lowering the potential of my amp and sub?
    and by how much?

i would use high end RCA at-least, since they eliminate noise rejection. Everything else shouldn't be a issue, better the quality of cable speaker/power the more cleaner signal. I personally have all monster brand wires in my car, i spent close to 2K on my system so i wasn't going to cheep out on wires.

PS: tweeter is going out of business in the USA, last time i went they had insane deals on monster brand cables
    00 Galant ES Turbo/5-Speed
    13 GTR

if its a brand new system it could be a little bit of time for you to see what you payed for some of the cheaper amp kits tend to corrode where its crimped. oxygen free wire stops this, there are different gauges of wire depending on how many watts your pushing and much current your drawing from the battery. also cheaper wire usualy has a thinner insolator(plastic) around it making it not last as long as a name brand kit would in the hot ass engin bay. hopefully i answered all of your questions.

thanks people