The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Does 18's fit without a problem??

Showing results 1 to 15 of 15
    Galant Ryder

Does 18's fit without a problem??

Hey guys. its been a while since ive posted. im really getting tired of my 7G due to problems with it. im looking to get a 8G. i really want new chrome rims but im waiting for my new car to get them. no use hooking up a car you dont want anymore. i wanted to konw if 18's fit with out any problems? or do you have to modify stuff? also can i drop my car bout an inch and a 1/2 if i have 18's? lemme know you input guys. pretty much my question is should i get 18's or stick with 17's?

P.S. i usually pack my car alot with people and cargo. not in the same time though. just something you guys should take into mind. i would really appriciate the info guys thanx. :!:

you should be fine with the 18's as long as u don't go too wide 7.5 inches is just fine. and u stay close to the +46mm offset. uhm danj was talking about how he rubs a lil bit with his wheels with a camber kit. without a camber kit, the wheels are a lil slanted and tuck fine under the fender so no rubbing.

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

Yeah, Pinoy is right. I've got 18x7.5" rims with a +42mm offset, 225/40 tires and dropped 2.25" up front and 1.8" in the rear with Progress springs. The rear rubs slightly once in a while, but others with the same kind of setup don't rub and the only difference is usually that they don't have camber kits.

they should be aight cause a long time ago i seen 20 on galant,, if you search on it you might still find it...............

AkA K h O p A r I.

I Am back BitcheZzZ

Galant Ryder
    thanx guys but do you all pack your cars full..??? i dont want to have to sacrafice cargo room in order for my car not to rub. lets say i have my car full with 5 people and a full trunk. will it rub? or at least just 5 people with moderate storage in the trunk? keep in mind i want to drop it at the most 2 inches.. i want to see a 1 inch or less gap in an empty car

Senior TGC Member
    I dunno, having a full load stinks in my experiences...I scrape alot...but since I don't have new rims I don't rub.
    "Daisy tumbled short of his dreams, not through her own fault, but because of the colossal vitality of his illusion... No amount of fire or freshness can challenge what a man will store up in his ghostly heart. " - F. Scott Fitzgerald, The Great Gatsby

"I have not failed 700 times. I have not failed once. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work." - Thomas Edison

18's should be fine, but if you load up your car that much, I don't know if I would drop it a whole lot.
    -Clay

2000 Kalapana Black ES V6

White 18 Katana Concept 10's.
    B&W all the way!

As far as rubbing with a full load, I normally don't have alot of people in the car. I recently traded my chrome 17's for the GTZ rims and I drove half way (2 hrs.) to meet the person I was trading with. So, I had two heavy ass 17's in the trunk plus two in the back seat and a front passanger. I'd say it was a pretty loaded car and I didn't rub too much more than normally.

SimoP
    Did you ever get an anwer to this one? I'm thinking just the same question, going to lower my galant 1.5" from front and 1" from back, and putting 225/40/18's under it. Other tire size I've been thinking of is 225/45/17 and it's not that much smaller after all..

I also don't want to sacrifice any room in my car, after all it is a 5 seater

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(SimoP)</div><div class='quotemain'>Did you ever get an anwer to this one? I'm thinking just the same question, going to lower my galant 1.5" from front and 1" from back, and putting 225/40/18's under it. Â*

I also don't want to sacrifice any room in my car, after all it is a 5 seater </div>

scrolling up and check for replies does help...

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Danger DANJ)</div><div class='quotemain'>Yeah, Pinoy is right. I've got 18x7.5" rims with a +42mm offset, 225/40 tires and dropped 2.25" up front and 1.8" in the rear with Progress springs. The rear rubs slightly once in a while, but others with the same kind of setup don't rub and the only difference is usually that they don't have camber kits.</div>

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Danger DANJ)</div><div class='quotemain'>As far as rubbing with a full load, I normally don't have alot of people in the car. I recently traded my chrome 17's for the GTZ rims and I drove half way (2 hrs.) to meet the person I was trading with. So, I had two heavy ass 17's in the trunk plus two in the back seat and a front passanger. I'd say it was a pretty loaded car and I didn't rub too much more than normally.</div>

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

SimoP
    Yup, did read all those, but still feel a little uncomfortable due to so many opinions:) Maybe I just have to have guts enough to try them.

18's fit perfect, No problem, still needs to be dropped though

SportBike Powder Coating
    "Not Just Bikes"

[email protected]
    Photos
    http://www.photobucket.com/sportbikepowdrcoating

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(SimoP)</div><div class='quotemain'>Yup, did read all those, but still feel a little uncomfortable due to so many opinions:) Maybe I just have to have guts enough to try them.</div>

ok the definitive answer... and this is from experience and from the "matching" size sheets and specs from wheel manufacturers:

18x7.5 +45mm 225/40zr18 is the optimal size for wheels and tires in 18" on our 8G galants. of course you can go a little wider or narrower and can stray further from the +46mm OE offset as width allows, but that is the BASELINE.

i happen to have 18x7.5 +45 225/40zr18 dropped almost 2.5". i have had 4 different brands of tires at this point (been dropped on 18's since 1999 w/ at least 50K miles on this setup) and have NEVER rubbed.

proof is in the pics right?

wat up guyz... i bought 18x8 konig appealz about a month ago... only reason why i didnt put them on yet is cuz of all da snow... u guyz think ill have any problems... and what about if i drop the front about a 1 1/2 inches... not the back cuz i gotta system in there... any info would be awsome thanx guys...
    anthony

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(antmoneygtz)</div><div class='quotemain'>wat up guyz... i bought 18x8 konig appealz about a month ago... only reason why i didnt put them on yet is cuz of all da snow... u guyz think ill have any problems... and what about if i drop the front about a 1 1/2 inches... not the back cuz i gotta system in there... any info would be awsome thanx guys...</div>

That really depends on the offset. If your close to a +45mm offset, you should be fine. The front has plenty of room from rubbing, and since you aren't dropping in the rear, you should be cool there too.