The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Can anyone feel the difference with a lighter flywheel

Showing results 1 to 12 of 12

Can anyone feel the difference with a lighter flywheel

Is anyone here rocking a lighter flywheel and can you feel the differnence if you are?

Also if you are where did you get yours for the 8th gen 2.4l?

Thanks
    Last edited by mstester; 12-13-2008 at 02:17 PM

the car revs alot quicker. revs go up and come down quicker

"DSM's, making people mechanics since 1985"
    Quote Originally Posted by polishmafia
    You want real respect from those fools? Don't race him. Tell him racing is a sport left to young boys who are still waiting for their balls to drop. Then while he's out racing, fuck his girlfriend in the ass, take pics, and leave them on his car while hes at school.

nice that is why i was interested becuase my 2.4I is gutless in the low rpm rnage and begin to kick starting around 2900-3000 so the faster i can get into that sweet spot the better.

what about flywheel underpully combo? and can I use a performance under pulley from an EVO or a 2000 and up eclipse?

You are here entirely tooo much!! Serstylz2's Avatar
    2000 and up eclipse yes. but adding these parts won't do much for you performance-wise without other major mods

You are here entirely tooo much!! fatal1's Avatar
    yea absolutely you notice a difference as koolio said...when my 4 was swapped i believe i had a exact flywheel...in the v6 i now have a fidanza

so its sounding like this is a worthy upgrade for 2.4I's. nice thanks :)

oh wait i cant find lighter flywheels for galants. can i use from a 2000 and up eclipse or a EVO?

Do you have the 5-speed swap?

Quote Originally Posted by Serstylz2 View Post
    2000 and up eclipse yes. but adding these parts won't do much for you performance-wise without other major mods
    you get a couple horses form the flywheel. i notice the diffrence now that i'm on my stock again.

"DSM's, making people mechanics since 1985"
    Quote Originally Posted by polishmafia
    You want real respect from those fools? Don't race him. Tell him racing is a sport left to young boys who are still waiting for their balls to drop. Then while he's out racing, fuck his girlfriend in the ass, take pics, and leave them on his car while hes at school.

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    Auto flywheel and Manual flywheels are not the same. You need to find a lightweight flywheel for a 3g Eclipse which I am not sure if they make.

Lightweight underdrive pulleys do help as well. Anytime you can get weight off the rotating assembly, it will help.
    7g for life!

You are here entirely tooo much!! Serstylz2's Avatar
    Most recent article I read states underdrive pulleys can cause excessive wear on powersteering systems and alternators, which are being spun at faster than normal speed.
    lightweight pullys better alternative, still reduce mass, thus increase power, but, dont reduce rotation distance, thus, dont effect anything else. generally more expensive, but the 'proper' way of doing it. underdrive, often the cheap way out.