The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Northeast ice storm

Showing results 1 to 18 of 18
    Experienced TGC Member

Northeast ice storm

Took a couple of pics on my new cam. Nothin fancy, just a 10mp Samsung i bought from Wal-Mart for $69. Anywho, this storm was nuts. There are still places without power. Most of the city of Troy is without power. It was weird driving along I 787. Because at nite you could usually see all the city lights in Troy, but last nite it was just a bunch of black hills. At first when the storm came i was like "sweet! now i can call in to work!", but man oh man ive never seen so much destruction. If not for the ice and snow, id swear a hurrican came through.

The first pic below: This tree was actually blocking the road. And if you look to the left you can see Mother Nature has hate for Ford's. That baby was CRUUUUSHED! I was going to take a pic, but i saw the owner of the car crying next to it. So i decided not to add insult to injury.

Nice pics. Almost unbelievable something so beautiful can be so dangerous as well.
    Chip

2000 Basalt Black Metallic GTZ
    (Paint Code: Porsche LC9Z)

Genuine experience carries a lot more credibility than the ability to answer a question.

whats an ice storm? Goosey and I were just at Dennys yesterday with just a t-shirt on.

camera works good, nice pic's haven't had one of those storms yet in pa 3 days of rain instead

You are here entirely tooo much!! Serstylz2's Avatar
    none of that shit hit rochester, its like 47 today

You are here entirely tooo much!! RAZ_76's Avatar
    Yeah we had that last year but a lot worse. A lot!! I feel for you guys, I bet you hear trees snapping all night long.

Pulled it off the mirror

1" thick on just the car

I feel you guys! Its ridiculous here... the high was only 70 yesterday.
    2002 Mitsubishi Galant ES 2.4L 4G64 */* !!NEW!! 03 Honda CBR F4i
    * a little done -*- more to come *
    My Dual Halo H3 Projector Project

You are here entirely tooo much!! RAZ_76's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by airborneparainf82 View Post
    I feel you guys! Its ridiculous here... the high was only 70 yesterday.
    it's 70 today and we are supposed to have ice storms Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday. My Galant is ready to play bumper cars.

dude thats insane.. i wish it would happen here.. only for pics though lol
    04 Maxima SL in Bronze with Black leather

We actually just got snow this year, which is amazing in it's own right for most of oregon.
    Lesson #1, never drive a FWD vehicle in 3 inches of snow on advans, even if you're just moving it around in the driveway so you can get the 4WD out, we had to push my galant up the driveway after it slid down, cuz I was trying to make space for my mom to back the RAV outta the driveway.
    OZ Rally Crew #001, Quaife Club member :D

You are here entirely tooo much!! fatal1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by qnz View Post
    whats an ice storm? Goosey and I were just at Dennys yesterday with just a t-shirt on.
    ahh you suck aaron...no ice in the city but still freezing. i cant wait till i will be in fl in about a month. i will be in the daytona beach area though for a wedding and only going to be there about 4 days

This is an ice storm...

You are here entirely tooo much!! Serstylz2's Avatar
    hope ya got a remote starter

Experienced TGC Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RedGalant2k1 View Post
    This is an ice storm...

lmao Holy hell! Yeh we got hit pretty hard. Fortunately my apartment complex still has power. BUt alot of areas up here wont be powered until thursday or friday. And yesterday the temps were in the 20's (not including the wind chill). So hopefully it will warm up soon for all those without power.

Experienced TGC Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Serstylz2 View Post
    none of that shit hit rochester, its like 47 today
    And how the hell did the storm not hit Rochester? Wow you guys really lucked out with this storm. Did you guys at least get rain? We had rain, followed by ice/rain, and topped off with snow.

You are here entirely tooo much!! 99 galant's Avatar
    that storm hit hard here, flooding. higher elevations in CT got ice tho. but damn that pic Dave posted is crazy

The big storm that came last week gave Houston 5 inches of snow.

You are here entirely tooo much!! SkylineG1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by qnz View Post
    you suck dude

Quote Originally Posted by fatal1 View Post
    ahh you suck aaron...no ice in the city but still freezing. i cant wait till i will be in fl in about a month. i will be in the daytona beach area though for a wedding and only going to be there about 4 days
    He's got a point though Craig. Time for us to put "Project Florida" into action.

Quote Originally Posted by mapid145 View Post
    dude thats insane.. i wish it would happen here.. only for pics though lol
    What are you talking about? Remember two years ago when we got about 2" of ice around valentines day?