The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: sub sounding bad. bad amp?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Showing results 21 to 25 of 25
    how can i tell if my subwoofer is out of phase? is here a simple test? cant find decet info wit search

Don't worry about it being out of phase. That is not very likely to happen. Your problem is the amp. It is way too small for the sub. The amp probably pushes 100-200 watts RMS and the sub can probably take three or four times as much as that. You're starving the sub. Don't max out the amp or it will send clipped signals to the sub, heat up the voice coil in the sub and burn it up. Underpowering a sub will kill it faster than overpowering it. Go get on ebay and find you a decent amp.

I got my kicker ZX1000.1 and 2 CVR12"s for $350 on ebay. Subs new, amp used.

The amp pushes 1000 watts RMS and 2000 max. The subs together handle 800 watts RMS and 1600 max. I have them in a huge sealed box right now and they are doing great. I am getting the ported box this weekend hoping for that extra 3 decibels.

Also, monoblocks are much better for subwoofers because they are class D amps most of the time. They use less power to put out more power and they don't get as hot as fast as class A or B amps. They are also cheaper sometimes.

:D right now I have a kicker c12 and panasonic 600watt RMS amp. as much bass As i want now gain and bass boost are very low too lol. so my problem is pretty much sorted.

I've learned you get what you pay for.

most def.

I told you that ages ago -_-

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12