The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Evo VIII wing on a 7G

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 21
    Experienced TGC Member Blue Ice's Avatar

Evo VIII wing on a 7G

Well i know a few of us have seen theese pics, and i was wanting to see what anyone thought. I'm also looking for deminsions on this product and the ease of fit to our G's.

Let the brainstorming commence!!!

The pics come from a guy named proud2beboricua.

He doesn't respond to the questions i asked, so i thought we could figure out what he did here. :twisted:

You are here entirely tooo much!! peanotation's Avatar
    hmm, looking at the back straight on its kinda ugly, but that side shot is HOT HOT HOT. i'd like to see a profile of the car, and a shot of the front of the car with the wing visible
    http://socallifestyle.com/

1994 Galant GS 5spd

that wing is so very very hot.
    i think with a set of JDM tails.
    it would be off the hook.
    looks like its nearly a perfect fit for the 7g trunklid.

i highly doubt its been cut short in the wing, (to make it narrower)
    cause the evo is a compact.
    i bet that is bolted on unmodified.

someone chop in some jdms

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

how bout photoshop the wing onto my ride

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

i likii it!!!

Well he did respond today and here's what he had to say

posted by proud2beboricua:
    fittin the spoiler took about 6 hours total work but if i knew what i was doin when i started it prolly woulda taken me bout a hour or two, first after i assembled the spoiler it stuck out about a quarter inch on both sides and i wouldn't have been able to drill the holes unless i bent in the sides so what i did was there are these two metal plates that connect the carbonfiber section with the sides, if you bend those inward strait across just above the screw holes about 3/32" it should compensate just enough so you can get one side on and then to get the other i had to get these plates made in a less dense alloy because the ones that came with the spoiler broke when i tried to bend them (the aftermarket version of the spoiler is different that the one you buy from the dealer pros to the after market are that you CAN bend the sides in just enough to fit only its not real carbonfiber, its only texture pros with the mitsubishi version its a little heavier so it stays put and doesn't shake, like say your blastin your system, when u have the trunk closed you will notice the spoiler rockin to the bass no matter how secure you make it, but you will save about $750 buying the aftermarket version i originally bought the spoiler from the dealer $1,100 but worth every penny because it scores major points with judges but i traded it for performance parts that i have yet to installand with leftover money i bought the aftermarket spoiler, persoally i'd go with the aftermarket spoiler if i had to do it over again but i've been through the fitting process twice now and i prefered working with the original manufactured spoiler because the end result was strait up beautiful it is hard to say it was worth the extra $750 but i think its true)

You are here entirely tooo much!! 4-G-rim's Avatar
    I like it...I was actually planning on puttin a EVO 8 wing on Grim but decided to keep the JDM Galant theme going.

Here are some pics I found when I test fitted it on Grim

1991 Galant VR4 1948/2000_________1996 Galant "S" 5 speed 2.4L turbo

You are here entirely tooo much!! peanotation's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DOHCSTUNR

yeah, thats some real hotness. the wheel gap is distracting as hell, but do a mental photoshop and that's a tight 7g
    http://socallifestyle.com/

1994 Galant GS 5spd

Quote Originally Posted by peanotation
    Quote Originally Posted by DOHCSTUNR

yeah, thats some real hotness. the wheel gap is distracting as hell, but do a mental photoshop and that's a tight 7g
    in the first pic..HELL YEA!! that was the first thing i noticed

by looking at your test fit, i can see where he was talking about the posts stick over by about a half inch to an inch. hmm what did you see when you did it. Was the wing you had factory or knock off oem? I think it want the factory, real CF wing.

I want that wing! I've been thinking about the evo wing on my 7G for a long time, but didn't know if it'd look good. Now I see that it would. A nice drop, cibbie heads, K-spec JDM front lip, sideskirts, a few other things and BOOM we are in keep-the-7G-town.

Sorry, but that front bumper on that body kit is FUGLY.

BMW owner. Galant fanatic.

god, thats hideous.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Mitsubishi-...sspagenameZWDVW

Check that out, starting bid 0.99 with $50 shipping. Will that fit correctly on the 7G?

i don't know about that man, Like we said a while back you have to be leary of stuff you find on Ebay. Especially those "too good to be true" deals. i'd ask a bunch of questions, causei t might be one of those other cheap wings.

I've had all kind of problems with my wing and now i'm starting to have more, i think my next go round will be a ginuine CF mitsu dealer manufatured wing

What kind of problems? I can't see things actually going 'wrong' with something you simply mount on your trunk. Unless it like cracks, or comes loose or whatever.

Grim, I see you test fitted an Evo wing on your G there. How badly did it stick out no the sides? It doesn't look too distracting there. Does it make it un-mountable?

I want to get one of those on my car (after I kit it, of course), but I really don't feel like bending or modifying anything.

Re: Evo VIII wing on a 7G

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Ice
    Well i know a few of us have seen theese pics, and i was wanting to see what anyone thought. I'm also looking for deminsions on this product and the ease of fit to our G's.

Let the brainstorming commence!!!

The pics come from a guy named proud2beboricua.

He doesn't respond to the questions i asked, so i thought we could figure out what he did here. :twisted:
    Man Dude Lovin every inch of that car freakin Nice

im new and everything but that just look sexy to me

Looks good, quite an improvement from stock and was easy to install. It'll look better once the car gets painted midnight black.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast