The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: '99 worth it?

Showing results 1 to 10 of 10

'99 worth it?

Hey guys,
    new to the galant scene, but been doing dsm's for a while and now i need something bigger for my kids. Anyway found a 99 with 194k miles on it, the body's straight just needs a rear bumper (going jdm got it sitting here already) and a heater core. THe sellers looking for 600 is it worth it a little weary about the miles and dunno what kind of problems i might run into down the line and how much of a pita its gonna be to change the core. looking for another opinion, dunno if it'll be worth it or just spend the extra couple grand and get an 02 with like 80 on it still up in the air

You are here entirely tooo much!! Jeffylou87's Avatar
    I would offer $500 for it.. Never changed a heater core so idk if its a pita or not... Have any pics? Where are you located? and Welcome to TGC

You are here entirely tooo much!! Galanttuner10's Avatar
    those miles are very high.. u can probably find better and if ur good with dsms and know wut ur doing witht them go with a 94-98 galant as u can use many dsm parts on them like i do.. they have room and in mine ive had me and 4 others me being the lightest at 220 and the car still pulled their fat assses around no problem.. it lies up 2 u in the end tho
    2014 Lancer Evo GSR
    1996 Galant S 5 Speed Turbo
    Need a Turbo rebuilt or upgraded--> http://www.thegalantcenter.org/showt...ebuild-Service

Ummm.... dont really fit too well in the 94-98's its a lil cramped I'm like 6'3"

for 500$ id say that's pretty good. does it drive? hows the trans
    2006 Galant SE

Sold - 99' Mitsubishi Galant ES 2.4L
    Sold - 95' Mitsubishi 3000GT SL :(

3si Forums, Stealthee-"People need to learn how to drive the car themselves and stop relying on technology to help them."

Heater core will be a bitch, from what ive researched you have to take the whole dash out, take your AC system apart and also the Airbag has to be taken out. Very time consuming and kinda dangerous with the Airbags thing.
    02StratusRT and 00EclipseGT

Drive fine actually, pulls nice no strange noises or rattles

You are here entirely tooo much!! Galanttuner10's Avatar
    the heater core is a bitch, and the height things i dont see and issue as my buddy is 6' 3" and 290 and he was in the back seat and had room but if this 99 seems good then go for it
    2014 Lancer Evo GSR
    1996 Galant S 5 Speed Turbo
    Need a Turbo rebuilt or upgraded--> http://www.thegalantcenter.org/showt...ebuild-Service

Heater cores are always a PITA. Man, with those miles, I'd keep looking. I just sold a 1997 Hyundai Accent with 92K for $1,000. That car, with a bit of work, will easily go 150K. After I bought my 2003 Galant with 52K, I just wanted to get rid of the thing. Some guy got a fairly good deal.
    2003 Mitsubishi Galant ES

yeah heater core is at least 8 hours. is it a 4 or 6. if its a 4 than its like any other DSM out there. and if you are familiar with it its worth it. but you can get ones with better miles for around 2k.