The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Not a clue.. doesnt seem to major but...

Showing results 1 to 3 of 3
    You are here entirely tooo much!! Galanttuner10's Avatar

Not a clue.. doesnt seem to major but...

ok so i did my weekly check of all my fluids and such and i happened to notice there was caked oil in front of the oil cap and around the pcv valve.. the seal on the oil cap is fine and the pcv valve is still fine so im kind of stumped. any help is appreciated. thanks
    2014 Lancer Evo GSR
    1996 Galant S 5 Speed Turbo
    Need a Turbo rebuilt or upgraded--> http://www.thegalantcenter.org/showt...ebuild-Service

its kinda very cold out, and if you run some heavy oil like 10w40 it will thicken up. If you dont have any leaks Id suggest using some thin oil for the winter. I use 0w20 in my GFs car, but I use 10w40 cuz my front crank seal is leaking.

you can add a 1/3 bottle of sea foam in the oil and drive for 200 -300 miles and do an oil change. It will get rid of sludge.
    God created turbo lag to give the v8's a brief moment of hope.

Build Thread

You are here entirely tooo much!! Galanttuner10's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mko View Post
    its kinda very cold out, and if you run some heavy oil like 10w40 it will thicken up. If you dont have any leaks Id suggest using some thin oil for the winter. I use 0w20 in my GFs car, but I use 10w40 cuz my front crank seal is leaking.

you can add a 1/3 bottle of sea foam in the oil and drive for 200 -300 miles and do an oil change. It will get rid of sludge.
    ahah.. thank you mko.. i was running a thinner oil but when 1 was down a quart i added a thicker oil as i was out of the other and i was snowwed in.. ill be doing the oil change soon anyway so ill address this later.. thanks again
    2014 Lancer Evo GSR
    1996 Galant S 5 Speed Turbo
    Need a Turbo rebuilt or upgraded--> http://www.thegalantcenter.org/showt...ebuild-Service