The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: A/C compressor

Showing results 1 to 6 of 6
    You are here entirely tooo much!! Galanttuner10's Avatar

A/C compressor

ok this isnt really a problem so to speak, but the compressor did go and is making that whining noise and its upsetting me cuz it goes in the middle of winter when i am not using it. anyway i know it has its own belt and im not going to run a/c in the car after my build, thats wut the windows r for

i want to know if anyone else has done this.. i know of many dsms do it when they r built and i was wondering if there are any consequences to this besides not having a/c
    2014 Lancer Evo GSR
    1996 Galant S 5 Speed Turbo
    Need a Turbo rebuilt or upgraded--> http://www.thegalantcenter.org/showt...ebuild-Service

its more effecient to use aircon than open windows if your going faster than 80km/h due to drag.
    I'm guessing you aren't worried about fuel economy though huh.

i do mostly city driving not usually more than 50 mph and when im on the highway i take it easy and when i have the turbo on i get my fuel economy back if i keep a steady foot on the pedal lol

so i take it i just lose the a/c no other issues or things i need 2 resolve first?
    2014 Lancer Evo GSR
    Need a Turbo rebuilt or upgraded--> http://www.thegalantcenter.org/showt...ebuild-Service

Two things I noticed right away on my last 7g is that startup is a hair quicker, and the front end is lighter, giving better handling. If you loop the power steering system and delete the pump and lines, you'll only run one belt. It makes changing belts hella easier!

I think it's questionable whether or not the car revs up faster, (like 240sx's deleting the clutch fan), but the engine felt loads freer.

If you do this now, you can take it out from the top, all you have to do is disconnect the fuel line leading to the fuel rail and you'll barely have enough room to squeeze it through, but it fits!
    1996 Galant S

Quote Originally Posted by Galant Kid View Post
    Two things I noticed right away on my last 7g is that startup is a hair quicker, and the front end is lighter, giving better handling. If you loop the power steering system and delete the pump and lines, you'll only run one belt. It makes changing belts hella easier!

I think it's questionable whether or not the car revs up faster, (like 240sx's deleting the clutch fan), but the engine felt loads freer.

If you do this now, you can take it out from the top, all you have to do is disconnect the fuel line leading to the fuel rail and you'll barely have enough room to squeeze it through, but it fits!
    thanks for the input.. main issue now is the moaning noise.. im pulling it out when i have the motor apart come spring and i look forward 2 all the gains cuz the little thing is heavy
    2014 Lancer Evo GSR

No specific consequences other than no A/C. The car will run, start, and perform perfectly fine without a/c.