The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: The JDM Seat install. :lol:

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Showing results 41 to 55 of 55
    Quote Originally Posted by ZigenScarface View Post
    how am i an idiot if u didnt say n e thing
    cause you said man up or do it in your house and if you look at the pics, dose it look like i did it in my driveway??? Makes you a idiot.

1996 galant s
    finishing up my 2.4L DOHC, 10.5:1, precision sc60, meth injected MONSTER.

Experienced TGC Member ZigenScarface's Avatar
    i ment finish it in your house bitch boy.. how are u cryin about the cold if your in your house?!?! dont have heat ?

I have a JDM spec leather rear seat set and I would like to exchange that to a black fabric interior WITH FOLD DOWN SEATS.

because my Jay Dee Emm tight seats don't fold it's so inconvenient...Check classifieds tomorrow.

i picked up my 1998 es front seats yesterday got half of one raped haha. the bottom half is hard cause i can get any of the knobs off so i can get the cloth off, any help on how to get them to pop out would be cool. but here is the top half came out pretty good was a bitch to stretch it though

1996 galant s

is that Mitsubishi stitching from factory??? That looks.....corny.

Quote Originally Posted by Galant306m View Post
    but here is the top half came out pretty good was a bitch to stretch it though
    thats stretched? the skins remind me of my grandma.

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

that was a bitch to get it that far hahaha.

1996 galant s

Experienced TGC Member
    Hey man i just wanna say this to you.......... You probably wont get it to stretch more then that... because the foam material has probably settled in to you or whoever else drove the car and it doesnt bounce back to its original forum. So instead of wasting time stretching how about some filling in with some cotton or some shit.. IDK im not an interior guru i just know my car seats are pretty worn. I guess the owner before me was a huge fat ass........ BTW.. Where and how much u getting this stuff?

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow19 View Post
    Hey man i just wanna say this to you.......... You probably wont get it to stretch more then that... because the foam material has probably settled in to you or whoever else drove the car and it doesnt bounce back to its original forum. So instead of wasting time stretching how about some filling in with some cotton or some shit.. IDK im not an interior guru i just know my car seats are pretty worn. I guess the owner before me was a huge fat ass........ BTW.. Where and how much u getting this stuff?
    Lol its hard to understand what really goes into doing this unless you are here helping, ill take pictures of the next one that i do. They are not easy at all to do, there are little bars that you have to weave through the seats and some hog rings to make the leather suck into the seat. once you do that it clips over support bars in the back to stretch it more, so in all actuality you really cant stretch them more, the wrinkles that you see are in there from the get go, they are stretched as far as they can be. They look better in person just ask 00galantguy he has been helping me.

I got the kit from ebay, its a katskinz leather kit i paid 112 bux shipped for them.

edit: here is the back of the seat as you can see i really cant stretch them more then what they are already, the bars that i have to weave go where the seams in the leather is lol i take a video of me doing it and you will see that it is a bitch to do.
    Last edited by Galant306m; 01-26-2009 at 02:13 PM

1996 galant s

Experienced TGC Member
    Lol its hard to understand what really goes into doing this unless you are here helping, ill take pictures of the next one that i do. They are not easy at all to do, there are little bars that you have to weave through the seats and some hog rings to make the leather suck into the seat. once you do that it clips over support bars in the back to stretch it more, so in all actuality you really cant stretch them more, the wrinkles that you see are in there from the get go, they are stretched as far as they can be. They look better in person just ask 00galantguy he has been helping me.

I got the kit from ebay, its a katskinz leather kit i paid 112 bux shipped for them.

edit: here is the back of the seat as you can see i really cant stretch them more then what they are already, the bars that i have to weave go where the seams in the leather is lol i take a video of me doing it and you will see that it is a bitch to do.
    Yea dude.. Im saying.. If you cant stretch it why not stuff it? I get where youre coming from though. If i havent touched it i should shut up. Im just trying to help out though. 112 isnt bad do you have a link? Im HIGHLY interested.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow19 View Post
    Yea dude.. Im saying.. If you cant stretch it why not stuff it? I get where youre coming from though. If i havent touched it i should shut up. Im just trying to help out though. 112 isnt bad do you have a link? Im HIGHLY interested.
    wasnt telling you to shut up i just understand that with out being there you really dont know what all goes into changing them over.

link
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...3AIT&viewitem=

i think that he is out atm but i was wrong they where 147 shipped, still a good deal for a full leather kit.

1996 galant s

i do leather seats for a living the wrinkles in the middle will NEVER come out its called pleated as for the others pulling on the kleather and hog ringing it will take those out if u even hogged it at all idk

o yea and if u want to make the foam bounce back to its original shape to help it be less wrinkly use a garment steamer on the bare foam it will balloon back

Experienced TGC Member
    wasnt telling you to shut up i just understand that with out being there you really dont know what all goes into changing them over.

link
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...3AIT&viewitem=

i think that he is out atm but i was wrong they where 147 shipped, still a good deal for a full leather kit.

I emailed him. Thanks man. Good luck with the rest of the installation.

Quote Originally Posted by ESR2005 View Post
    i do leather seats for a living the wrinkles in the middle will NEVER come out its called pleated as for the others pulling on the kleather and hog ringing it will take those out if u even hogged it at all idk
    Lol ive been trying to tell them that the wrinkles where supposed to be there. I did use the hog rings with the little rods to pull them into the seat its such a pain in the ass to do, seriously thats damn good work for doing it in my basement with not experience in wrapping seats prior to trying this out.

1996 galant s

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123