The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 7G thoughts....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 25

7G thoughts....

I have a 97 ES.....unfortunately it is automatic.....bought it for a long term project....here's my ideas....

I initially wanted to put in a jdm automatic 6A13TT i found online for only 850.00.....then i was told it cant be done.....

so then someone told me to just drop in an Evo VIII motor or put an Evo VIII head on my current block.....i dunno about that one....

then it was suggested to me to put a 4G63T in it.....

I am a Honda guy and never played wit mitsubishi but lookin for somethin different......

any suggestions on what i can do? im looking for power and somewhat cost efficient......but like i said its over a long period of time i work on it so cost isnt a HUGE issue at the moment....just dont want it costing me a ridiculous amount.

Experienced TGC Member
    Well pretty much your option out of this would be the 4g63t out of a 90-99 DSM would work. The Evo motor wouldnt be a direct drop in nor the evo head wouldnt work.

How much $$$ and how much work should i anticipate to switch to manual from auto?

Between $500 and 1000 depending on the deals you get. If you have a daily driver and put the Galant in garage for a traany swap, and youre mechanically inclined, then with some help you shound be done in a week. the actual swap can be done in less than 6 hours, but there little problems that take a while to solve /pilot bearing/, and you need some tools. If not just pay somebody to do the swap for you

edit: theres a guy here who sells the whole 6a13tt swap with ECus and tranny. I think he wants $2000 or so, not sure

youre best bet is turboing this motor, and its cheap
    Last edited by mko; 12-17-2008 at 08:57 PM
    God created turbo lag to give the v8's a brief moment of hope.

Build Thread

the 6a12 swap is very doable but buying rplacement parts is a bitch. got to order them overseas

"DSM's, making people mechanics since 1985"
    Quote Originally Posted by polishmafia
    You want real respect from those fools? Don't race him. Tell him racing is a sport left to young boys who are still waiting for their balls to drop. Then while he's out racing, fuck his girlfriend in the ass, take pics, and leave them on his car while hes at school.

You are here entirely tooo much!! Galanttuner10's Avatar
    swapping it to 5 spd is the best idea if the major deal is that it is auto
    2014 Lancer Evo GSR
    1996 Galant S 5 Speed Turbo
    Need a Turbo rebuilt or upgraded--> http://www.thegalantcenter.org/showt...ebuild-Service

i found the 6a13tt motor and auto tranny from japan with the following included for 850.00

Make: Mitsubishi
    Model: VR 4 Galant
    Year: 92-96
    Engine code: 6A13
    Horse power: 240hp
    Valve train: DOCH
    Mileage: Approx 25-35 Thousand
    Condition: Best

Complete Motor
    Complete Head
    Intake Manifold
    Distributor
    Turbo
    Auto
    Power Steering
    Exhaust
    Alternator
    Throttle Body
    Fuel Rail
    Injectors

i was told i had to change the entire wire harness and also the fact that my car is not awd poses a problem......

unfortunately i cant get a turbo talon/eclipse motor for less than 1200.....on top of doin a auto to manual conversion.....

bro if the years are 92-96 it has to b a 6a12tt which will fit our cars.. if its a 6a13tt its half a liter larger and is facing the opposite direction of our motors and you complained about ur car being auto so ull still have that issue.. make ur current setup a 5 spd for half that and then later on turbo ur current motor and trust me you wont regret it becuase parts are easier to find and much cheaper

remember we can use the 2g turbo setup.. im using a 2g manifold. injectors, resistor pack, a 14b turbo and other misc. parts from talons and eclipses.. so u can turbo and 5 spd ur car for around 1200 with many new and upgraded parts
    Last edited by Galanttuner10; 12-18-2008 at 12:04 AM
    2014 Lancer Evo GSR
    Need a Turbo rebuilt or upgraded--> http://www.thegalantcenter.org/showt...ebuild-Service

Experienced TGC Member ZigenScarface's Avatar
    if there telling you its a DOCH... dont buy from them.

yea thats what it said i thought it was just a typo for dohc.....can i ask why you say not to buy from them? ive bought honda motors from them before and they were great.......

oh just if they werent too careful on checking the spelling, i dont know how the rest of the company is, or would be

plus that swap is going to be A LOT of work, easier going with a 4g63t but if you have the time and knowledge then go for it!

man this is an insane choice.. this motor wasnt here in the US so u break one little thing ur paying out of your ass to fix it. also auto was the issue but it will still be auto if you do this swap and if you do it good luck getting a manual transmission. 5 sp and turbo your current motor. forget the 4g63t swap as well.. run a 2g turbo setup with a 14b 2 get started then there is a lot of possibilities from there. thats what im going and the turbo setup is costing me like 400 or 500 and the 5 spd will cost about the same. throw this idea out and learn about the potential of your engine you have in their now
    2014 Lancer Evo GSR

Quote Originally Posted by Galanttuner10 View Post
    man this is an insane choice.. this motor wasnt here in the US so u break one little thing ur paying out of your ass to fix it. also auto was the issue but it will still be auto if you do this swap and if you do it good luck getting a manual transmission. 5 sp and turbo your current motor. forget the 4g63t swap as well.. run a 2g turbo setup with a 14b 2 get started then there is a lot of possibilities from there. thats what im going and the turbo setup is costing me like 400 or 500 and the 5 spd will cost about the same. throw this idea out and learn about the potential of your engine you have in their now
    Can you give me a list of what i need to do the 5 speed swap?

ecu
    tranny
    shift linkage
    clutch assembly
    shifter
    ????

all i will say is that the 6a12tt swap is the same as the 4g63T swap. exactly. it;s only the support you get with the one motor over the other.

for you to turbo the stock motor you need a piggyback for the stock ecu. the best choice is the MAFT gen II

"DSM's, making people mechanics since 1985"
    Quote Originally Posted by polishmafia
    You want real respect from those fools? Don't race him. Tell him racing is a sport left to young boys who are still waiting for their balls to drop. Then while he's out racing, fuck his girlfriend in the ass, take pics, and leave them on his car while hes at school.

Quote Originally Posted by Jae View Post
    I have a 97 ES.....unfortunately it is automatic.....bought it for a long term project....here's my ideas....

I initially wanted to put in a jdm automatic 6A13TT i found online for only 850.00.....then i was told it cant be done.....

so then someone told me to just drop in an Evo VIII motor or put an Evo VIII head on my current block.....i dunno about that one....

then it was suggested to me to put a 4G63T in it.....

I am a Honda guy and never played wit mitsubishi but lookin for somethin different......

any suggestions on what i can do? im looking for power and somewhat cost efficient......but like i said its over a long period of time i work on it so cost isnt a HUGE issue at the moment....just dont want it costing me a ridiculous amount.
    i wanted to do the same but i am just going 2 do the 64 block with the 1g head but here http://www.dsmtalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=172150

4g64 block with 1g head is a solid setup and is wut i am upgrading to when i go to a larger turbo like an 18g and i didnt know how similar the 2 swaps were but i know parts 4 the 6a12tt will be a bitch 2 get.. and im using a 2g ecu with an safc on my setup
    2014 Lancer Evo GSR

Quote Originally Posted by Galanttuner10 View Post
    4g64 block with 1g head is a solid setup and is wut i am upgrading to when i go to a larger turbo like an 18g and i didnt know how similar the 2 swaps were but i know parts 4 the 6a12tt will be a bitch 2 get.. and im using a 2g ecu with an safc on my setup
    o really sound sexy LOL

haha it is sexy.. not as sexy as the rb25 in the 240 tho lol.. that blow off valve is sick
    2014 Lancer Evo GSR

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast