The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: need help car struggles to start

Showing results 1 to 7 of 7

need help car struggles to start

hello, for a while now when i put the key and turn the ignition and it wont start, you have to be at it turning the key a few times before it starts,i always thought it was the starter so i bought a new starter, and it changed nothing, im thinking it might be the ignition but a friend of mine told me to check the coil packs but wouldnt the check engine light come on if its its the coil pack?, and a friend of mine told me its about 150$ to reprogram a key to the ignition!=[, damn

the battery still good?

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

You are here entirely tooo much!! Jeffylou87's Avatar
    Yeah.. Check your battery.. Take it to your local Strauss, Auto Zone, etc.. For a free electrical system check.

It might be your alternator as well. On me and MissMavs g, when she was having problems starting we first thought it was the battery, so we replaced the battery, and the same thing happened. We than realized it was the alternator, so we replaced that, and it worked fine.
    A ricer is someone who believes that lights, stickers, useless parts, stupid driving and any other abnormal or dangerous driving habits help them in their need for speed or attention.

could also b sumthing as simple as dirty or loose battery cables.

Just get a battery out of any other car, friend or family and if that starts it you'll know, happened to me, the battery was showing as good but was completly dead

thanks to everyone=], battery "seems" fine everything is working but just doesnt turn on or even try to i have to be at it like 3-100 times, a friend said it might be the ignition but who knows, yeah i'll try switching the battery as soon as my friend comes over, im also going to have a friend whos a mechanic come and take a look=/, i'll reply to whats wrong later on today