The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Locked out of boot/trunk

Showing results 1 to 10 of 10

Locked out of boot/trunk

my key doesnt unlock my trunk/boot and also the lever to pop it open wont work because the kiddy lock is on in there.

why won't the key open it? is it likely someone changed the ignition and door locks?
    the key is a copy, ive never had the original. is the only way to get in there to remove back seats?

Quote Originally Posted by starh4x View Post
    my key doesnt unlock my trunk/boot and also the lever to pop it open wont work because the kiddy lock is on in there.

why won't the key open it? is it likely someone changed the ignition and door locks?
    the key is a copy, ive never had the original. is the only way to get in there to remove back seats?
    lol pull your back seat out crawl through the hole and flip the lil red thing on the lock, it will only pop open with the remote when that is flipped just to let you know, its a stupid idea that they had for those things.

1996 galant s
    finishing up my 2.4L DOHC, 10.5:1, precision sc60, meth injected MONSTER.

lol ok. if it opened properly with the key i wouldnt mind it because if anyone broke into the car they couldnt pop open the trunk/boot and steal my sub.

so wait ur telling me the galant had a central locking remote? i want one all i have is a crappy key cut

Experienced TGC Member jimmy_o2's Avatar
    look i know ur new at this but ur asking too many questions when all the info is in here all u have to do is search for it
    03 I4

to be fair search function on TGC is almost completely useless
    i typed in the exact name of previous thread titles and they dont come up.

i promise i search before asking any question, advanced and standard search. nothing relevant ususaly comes up but if it does i dont ask.
    Last edited by starh4x; 12-19-2008 at 02:31 AM

i beg to differ dude. I search all the time. It works real good. Sometimes I have to look through a lot of threads but I find it.

usually i pull up zero threads, or zero relevant ones out of a page of crap. if u can find a thread relevant to the question containing an answer i asked up top ill eat dogshit

Does the right side of your back seat have a cushoin that folds down if u pull the little piece in the middle

nope. i guess ill have to rip out the seat in the morning. its night out and theres sum bigASS bugs out there.

k good luck