The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Post a pic of your car in the snow!

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Showing results 21 to 40 of 189
    Experienced TGC Member SleekGTZ's Avatar
    My g has been in the garage for about two weeks now. This pic was during the first round of snow storm. We are now on our 6th round of snow. :(

mann i remember when i first dropped my car on those cheap coilover sleeves it snowed like a 8''s the next day and i was stuck at my girls house for almost 2 days because i couldnt get the car out of parking spot and when i got it out i couldnt get it down the block because it was barely plowed lol. at least i got out of going to work.

1996 galant s
    finishing up my 2.4L DOHC, 10.5:1, precision sc60, meth injected MONSTER.

oh noes! my popsicle galant.

its bad when you have to use the ice scraper to pry your doors open. sighs. this is the 9th time ive had to do this this month.

Car looks great BJ, I'm glad you put the wheels to good use! :)
    OZ Rally Crew #001, Quaife Club member :D

yeah as you can see i stripped them down and repainted them and gave them a good clear coat. ill get good shots of her once it stops this bullshit for at least two days. jebus. lol thanks for the hookup for real.

oh and i wrapped them in some Bridgestone Potenza G019's. they are great for the winter and give great traction in wet conditions as well considering all the torque this thing makes.

Experienced TGC Member 6G72gearhead's Avatar
    Getting an excessive acceleration ticket.

Not gonna happen, I may snatch a pic of it inside its nice safe storage unit, laughing at the thought of being driven in snow.
    RIP: Colin McRae, you will be missed.
    "I shall go before thee and make the crooked places straight."

2001 ES V6 M/T under construction
    1991 Volvo 244ti 300 whp daily driver
    www.gooichimotorsports.com

yeah i wish i could do that with my baby but i enjoy driving her way too much not to drive her year 'round. really, that makes me feel better knowing that i can drive her in any weather that is thrown at her. and to know that i put her together with my own two hands, yeah, its a very very good feeling to watch her trudge through it all and come out shining.

I just don't want to buy another set of tires, I have a truck to drive everyday, I personally like driving it as well. I could drive my car year round if I had to, but I don't so I will enjoy RWD or AWD in the snow at my discretion. I have all summer to go fast.

yeah i get ya, its just that UT doesnt have much of a summer for very long. i wish i lived somewhere where it didnt do this shit for 4 full months out of the year and then decide to change it up by springing a surprise snow storm in the middle of spring ya know. that shit blows. props to you for having another vehicle.

Yeah, I know what you mean. If I had a 4 month off season I would go into withdrawal symptoms similar to those coming off heroin addiction. I was very fortunate for my dad to sell me this truck, which worked out well since he didn't want it anymore and I kind of need a truck.

This next season I will be trailering my car to race events as I cant afford for it to break an hour away from home and have to figure out how to get to school the next morning. This way if it breaks I can throw it on the trailer same as I would if it didn't break.

I've been tempted to take her out in the snow just to see how she does, but on wide RS-2's thats really not a good idea. My only other usable tires are slicks.

ill be the first to tell you that the RS-2's are so not for the snow. i still have enough tread to make some fun in the summer or on dry roads but damn if i will go out in the snow in those bastards. i have some Potenza G019's on my stock evo wheels for now though and they are very very impressive.

Yeah, tires make all the difference in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by CHICAGO_ONE View Post
    i don't even want to look at my car. It turned white from all the salt.
    Damn that must look real bad what color is supposed to be

I4betterthanUR4
    AHHHHH the snow was finally melting here. I could actually see sweet asphalt last night and I wake up to a blizzard. I hate this.

TGC Regular
    Hmmm..... don't think I can get a pic of my car with snow on it seeing as it's summer here..... even if it were winter, it doesn't usually get cold enough to snow much if at all...
    1994 Galant VR-4 GOKUH ( 230kw atw )
    2000 Legnum VR-4 ( Daily, 155.5kw atw )
    1997 Legnum VR-4 - Yes Another one
    1995 FTO - V6 Mivec 200hp

this is all thats needed to shut down the city

You are here entirely tooo much!! SkylineG1's Avatar
    ^^^ wow just that much huh? :)

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast