The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: TI: 2009 TGCtexas Tri-City Cruise pre-plan

Page 7 of 24 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast
Showing results 121 to 140 of 473
    Hey Pete its confirmed DreamSpeed will be doing HIN.

TeamDreamSpeed / PizzaBoy
    Quote Originally Posted by G-spot View Post
    I can't believe a meet never happening all because I or James is not gonna be present. What kind of crap is that? Since when was G-spot and Silver01G heart and soul of TGCTX?

Then Import Reactor is out the door then

yup, team voted for HIN.

I can't believe a meet never happening all because I or James is not gonna be present. What kind of crap is that? Since when was G-spot and Silver01G heart and soul of TGCTX?

So now, this is the plan. since Me, G-spot and Jscout24/7 and from what im hearing other 3g guys will be in the show, the meet up will be the HIN show. Since we will be in the show all day you can show up anytime you like, so no rush into getting to austin for yall guys. if you are not able to make the show, sunday will be the day we hold the Austin Try-City meet. So this will be totally be up to you. Sunday we will do breakfest once everyone has meet up (not sure where just let me know what yall have in mind and ill try to find the closes one) and then once everyone is ready we will head to HEB to buy stuff for the BBQ, only reason why i say this is cause im not sure how many people we are looking to show up and so lets just do this $5 to put on the food for the BBQ. HEB is not to far from the lake so no worries, once we get what we need we will head out to a lake (I think it would be best if we went to Decker Lake which is down the street from where the HIN show will be) it being sunday not sure how space would be, ill check it out on pricing and all.

Now if you have ANY suggestions or comments please let us or myself know.

you wanted to do Import Reactor? I believe it was more votes on HIN

Quote Originally Posted by rez887 View Post
    Sure, I like driving in Austin (and hate driving in Houston).
    Quote Originally Posted by ricky_db View Post
    i hate driving anywhere that i dont know what the roads are like!
    ile never drive to Houston lol the streets are legendary
    You guys just don't know where to drive down here. All of the roads aren't bad.

Also, anybody mind if I unveil my newly rejuvinated 1g?
    Last edited by PogiGreg; 03-10-2009 at 03:21 PM

Quick update:

Since I'm organizing this cruise and since they're gonna be people coming to this meet that are not gonna be spectating for HIN, I've decided to NOT to compete in HIN because.....

...I'm already registered on Import Reactor and I can't get a refund for this event even though my money is sitting in the organizer's hope chest The best thing I can do is roll into IR, do the show, and leave for Austin next day. I'm pretty sure Greg and Kevin will be coming with me even though it's gonna be hard catching up to them with their 4G63T 1G and 4G63T 3G Eclipse :(

This may sound dumb but what is Import Reactor?

Pete why didnt you tell me!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Team Helotes View Post
    This may sound dumb but what is Import Reactor?
    Here's a crude explanation...

- Car show during the Anual Anime Festival, lots of import stuff, OMGJDM!!1!, and JDM guests.

But here's the long version of what stated above :)

The main idea of Import Reactor is to celebrate the Houston Car Community. How far we have come and how much we have accomplished over the years. For me personally, living in a city so big, with very few shows, there's still no place I'd rather be. All the teams, and many individual members of this community have become like my family.

Import Reactor (IR) is now a 2 day(Friday & Saturday) show.
    The main reasons are, this gives the judges more time to judge and this also gives the participants more time to hang out, play games, party and generally enjoy the weekend.
    Roll in will be Friday afternoon and roll out will be Saturday evening. HPD will be on duty and will lock down that section of the garage at night, so no worries about security.

Better Judging.
    This is something we all want. No matter how good judging is, it could still be better. I'm going to throw around some ideas to make this even better later.

Masuimi Max & Masuimi's HOT Vip Party Friday night.
    Masuimi Max is back. Last year, she was planning to throw a 21-and-up VIP party with hot performances from her, a full bar and all that good stuff. However we couldn't get the permits in time so we couldn'd do it.
    Well we have all the permits now so she's free to go crazy.

Other Models.
    Every year we want to bring at least 2 models to come celebrate with us. Yes they will sell thier merchandise and sign autographs but most importantly they are coming to hang out with us and have fun. Jeri Lee was kind enough to tell all her friends about IR and we have received many emails from models who want to attend. What other model should we invite? All ideas are appreciated. Let me know who, and I will ask them

Smokey Nagata (Owner of Top Secret)
    I invited Smokey to come to IR. I asked him to host a panel or seminar titled "The Secret of Top Secret". I'm sure it will be very entertaining and educative to hear him explain to us what makes his company and products great, what inspires him, why do they do things like this and not like that. You get the point? Is this a good idea?

Other Panels
    I had a very constructive chat with Danny at the last meet. What do you guys think of hosting a panel with Danny (maybe some other crew leaders) on an interesting topic. Also answering questions some of us may have about anything. It might be a great idea for the newer and younger people in the community to learn from the OG's. What do you guys think? yes? no?

JDM Video Game Crew Battle
    We'll pick a game: Initial D 4 Arcade or Maximum Tune 2 Arcade and each crew picks a driver to represent them and we host a small tournament. Winning Crew gets a prize. All games will be on Freeplay all weekend long.

Vendors
    Last year we did not have vendor booths because we already had too much to do and we did not have time to organize booths for those who wanted to be vendors. This year we have 8 vendor booths. I know they are limited, so any ideas who we should have join us?

The Anime Convention
    Suprisingly many people did not get to go into the convention and enjoy all the events that were going on. I highly recomment everyone check it out, you can get in with your IR badge for no extra cost.

Just off the top of my head there
    A huge Dealers Room with vendors from all over the country selling toys, games and all kinds of anime or Japanese related merchandise.
    An Artists Alley, where artists show off thier work, ask them to draw a pic of you or your car, anime style.
    Viewing Rooms, 4 rooms constantly showing anime throughout the weekend
    Fighting Game tournament, see the best players go head to head
    All the games from PZ will be there on Free Play all weekend long
    Club AM on friday and Saturday Night with DJ Heavygrinder (www.myspace.com/djheavygrinder ) Check her out.
    Concert with a popular Japanese Band
    There a lot more stuff I cant even remember

The Categories:Main Classes (1st, 2nd, 3rd)
    Acura
    Honda
    Infiniti
    Nissan
    Toyota
    Mitsubishi
    Scion
    Lexus
    Euro
    Euro VIP
    Subaru
    Exotic
    Domestic

Specialty Classes
    Best Paint Finish
    Best In Car Entertainment
    Best Engine
    Best Vinyl
    Best JDM Aftermaket
    Best JDM OEM
    Best VIP
    Best Classic
    Best Female Ride
    Best Display

Masuimi Max’s Choice (Masuimi walkes around and picks the cars she likes best)
    ???

Best Team Participation (number of entries)
    Best Team Overall (Average of top 5 scoring cars for each team)
    Best of Show

Lastly, about HIN, I can't tell anyone where to go and what show to choose. Whatever you decide is fine and we wish you the best. I hoped HIN wouldnt put their show on the same weekend, afterall they have lots of shows and choices. This is not the first time something like this happened. A few years ago, HIN Dallas was on the same weekend as the Falken Drift show. Myself and many other chose to stay in Houston to support our hometown. I knew I couldnt enjoy myself in Dallas knowing Houston needed my support even more.

And that the gist of it :smt120

sounds dope yoe 8)

Quote Originally Posted by PogiGreg View Post
    You guys just don't know where to drive down here. All of the roads aren't bad.

Also, anybody mind if I unveil my newly rejuvinated 1g?

man i wish i can get the 1g of mine legalized so i can show off the speed density set-up.
    i need to get both stickers renewed.
    1990 GSX(91 eprom ecu set-up)
    6-bolt jdm (GVR4)
    16G turbo
    3inch turbo back(flowmasters)
    510cc
    OSTRICH
    FMIC
    ___trying to learn the art of tuning___

grey ostrich interior coming soon! hopefully before the meet
    ima be the new bird( mammal? flightless bird) man 8) lol

Ok guys sorry to let yall know! Pete will be doing import reactor in houston that friday & saturday and john and me will be doing hin that same saturday. Yall are welcome to show up the 11th (saturday) to enjoy the show and a late dinner, but the actual meet will be held sunday the 12th.

updates?

WELL! I still need feed back on where yall would like to eat breakfest sunday morning (this will be the meeting spot for the people that dont make it Saturday) so i can look for a close enough place, basically what i said in the last post i posted is still the standing plan.

"Yall are welcome to show up the 11th (saturday) to enjoy the show and a late dinner, but the actual meet will be held sunday the 12th."

Ihop ftw!!

Well I am planning on coming up Saturday and driving home Saturday night. I have to be home for family time since it is Easter day. When and where are you guys meeting on Saturday.

Only if you guys want to have a lone person for San Antonio with a 9G.

HIN for saturday

Page 7 of 24 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast