The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Old nOOb in MD

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 26

Old nOOb in MD

Hello TGC,
    I've been lurking here for ~2 months, and if I ever want to see the light of the marketplace, I'd better stop lurking and start posting...

I'm the second owner of a 2002 ES with around 75K miles. I've had it for 4 years now, and it is a very dependable car. I came across these forums when I was looking to replace my bent steel wheels. As you can see in my sig, I'm now sporting some 2G Eclipse wheels. They're definitely a step up from the 15" steelies and the thrashed plastic covers.

So as to my title for this thread, I said "Old nOOb" cuz I'm old enough to be the father of many of the members here, but still a nOOb..., so go easy on the old man, OK? I doubt I'll ever mod out my G the way many of you have, as I've got a family to support, so car mods are pretty low on the list... I'll poke around here to learn more about my G and how to keep her running clean, though. I may add a few mods here and there, maybe my shocks/struts will fail soon and I could drop things a bit? That could be fun. I've hit many of the you-pick yards around here, and have managed to piece together all but the driver's door fake wood, so I guess I'm close to an interior mod. If I keep her alive for another 3 years, then she might be a "first car" for my kids (they turn 16 in Feb 2012)! YIKES!!!

Oh... I'm in the DC suburbs...
    Q

~~~~~~~~~~~
    8G (2002) ES 4G64

You are here entirely tooo much!! 9G's Avatar
    welcome sir.

Banned
    welcome!

Welcome!

welcome. and i'm sure chip has you beat!

more and more MD people showing up. time for a meet soon!

"DSM's, making people mechanics since 1985"
    Quote Originally Posted by polishmafia
    You want real respect from those fools? Don't race him. Tell him racing is a sport left to young boys who are still waiting for their balls to drop. Then while he's out racing, fuck his girlfriend in the ass, take pics, and leave them on his car while hes at school.

Welcome to our wonderfull community

- If you've got nothing nice to say, what the hell is wrong with you!?!

Quote Originally Posted by kolio View Post

I'm gonna let that one go....Good thing it's Christmas Chris.

Welcome Q. Good to have you. If you don't find what you need by searching, ask.
    Last edited by Fishboy55; 12-23-2008 at 07:38 AM
    Chip

2000 Basalt Black Metallic GTZ
    (Paint Code: Porsche LC9Z)

Genuine experience carries a lot more credibility than the ability to answer a question.

Welcome, this is a great place to learn a lot about the car, even if you're not into modifications. There's valuable information on DIY maintenance too if you look hard enough, especially into old posts.

For your fake woodgrain, there's a for sale thread with it for sale at the moment, the seller says that he can get the driver's one too -

https://www.thegalantcenter.org/showthread.php?t=32195

more and more MD people showing up. time for a meet soon!
    Could be fun, I could see/hear some nice cars in person.

Quote Originally Posted by 9G View Post
    welcome sir.
    Ha! That's Mr. Sir to you... :D

Quote Originally Posted by Fishboy55 View Post

I'm gonna let that one go....Good thing it's Christmas Chris.

Welcome Q. Good to have you. If you don't find what you need by searching, ask.
    Glad to hear I'm not the only "elder" here. But most of you beat me when it comes to automotive wisdom. I've been using the search for 2 months! Changed out my spark plugs/wires this weekend! My G is happy and running smooth now!!! I may need to address a spark plug tube seal when the weather gets warmer.
    Q

~~~~~~~~~~~
    8G (2002) ES 4G64

Welcome!

Welcome to TGC| enjoy your stay.
    Jason - - cofounder of TGCNY
    click banner to enter the NY Chapter

2001 Galant ES
    2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee Special Edition

Welcome and nice lookin 8G. Good to see more people from the D.M.V. area loggin on.

Experienced TGC Member glantv699's Avatar
    Welcome, looks like a clean 02 to me!

It could easily last to become your kid's first car, and the G is a great first car....not too fast, not too small, four doors for insurance.

> TGCPA - SOUTHEAST
    > 2010 Evolution X SE #183 of 340 (1 of 54 in Octane Blue)
    > 1999 ES V6 (Sold 2/2011)

Quote Originally Posted by tamim13 View Post
    Welcome, this is a great place to learn a lot about the car, even if you're not into modifications. There's valuable information on DIY maintenance too if you look hard enough, especially into old posts.

For your fake woodgrain, there's a for sale thread with it for sale at the moment, the seller says that he can get the driver's one too -

https://www.thegalantcenter.org/showthread.php?t=32195
    Yup, I'm learning lots about DIY Maintenance. Thanks for the link on the woodgrain, 47 more posts, and I'll be able to look at it.
    Q

~~~~~~~~~~~
    8G (2002) ES 4G64

Welcome, this is amazing, I think you're the only other person that I've seen mention that they like the woodgrain, everyone else avoids it like the plague.
    OZ Rally Crew #001, Quaife Club member :D

You are here entirely tooo much!! Jeffylou87's Avatar
    Welcome! Enjoy your stay.. I also have a full set of the woodgrain interior..

Kolio, good thing you mentioned Chip first.. I thought about it LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffylou87 View Post
    Welcome! Enjoy your stay.. I also have a full set of the woodgrain interior..

Kolio, good thing you mentioned Chip first.. I thought about it LOL
    LMAO. Jeff's got jokes!
    Chip

2000 Basalt Black Metallic GTZ
    (Paint Code: Porsche LC9Z)

Genuine experience carries a lot more credibility than the ability to answer a question.

Quote Originally Posted by greddy View Post
    Welcome, this is amazing, I think you're the only other person that I've seen mention that they like the woodgrain, everyone else avoids it like the plague.
    As you can see in my sig, my G is "Bodega Beige" (Gold). The interior is tan, but because I have a 2002, the plastic trim pieces are titanium. The titanium really doesn't match very well with the tan interior. When I came to these forums, I saw lots of people painting the pieces different colors. I tried to think what might go better with the tan interior, and arrived at the conclusion that the fake wood would look nice!
    Q

~~~~~~~~~~~
    8G (2002) ES 4G64

it does
    OZ Rally Crew #001, Quaife Club member :D

Banned
    southern maryland noob here. you live in pg?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast