The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: My other ride...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 27

My other ride...

Here's a pic of my 91 Sentra. I just got her out of the shop last week, but I still need to get additional work done to get it running in smooth (something's wrong with the right front brake, and I need to get a smog and have it registered). This pic is somewhat deceiving as it just rained and I noticed how nice the car looked, so I took a picture. Doesn't look that bad for a 17+ y.o. car, however, once it dried, you could see the hard water stains and the faded color from sitting outside for 9 years. I'm still on the fence whether or not I should stick with the red color, or go with a two-tone.

Here's a photoshop of what I'm envisioning it would look like two-tone (I'd add a silver pin stripe separating the two colors, but it didn't look so hot in PS):

Nice, what's under the hood?
    OZ Rally Crew #001, Quaife Club member :D

crap. LOL.

It's just a stock 1.6L (not the SE-R). I'm not going to do anything with it as it's far too slow - even if you add the 1.6L turbo kit, it'll still be slow. However, it gets about 35 to 40 mpg on the freeway.

cool 2 door

Nice car Rich. I'm liking the 2tone
    Jason - - cofounder of TGCNY
    click banner to enter the NY Chapter

2001 Galant ES
    2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee Special Edition

You are here entirely tooo much!! 9G's Avatar
    it looks good as it is.

You are here entirely tooo much!! Jeffylou87's Avatar
    That's the cleanest one I've ever seen..

You are here entirely tooo much!! SkylineG1's Avatar
    Those are nice. There's this guy around my way who has one with an SR20 in it. Fast car too.

You are here entirely tooo much!! 99 galant's Avatar
    i like the color it is, but that two tone isnt bad either

not much help in deciding

Nice Ride Rich. I'd stick with the red if it were mine. Not opposed to the two-tone, but a fresh coat of red would look better IMO.
    Chip

2000 Basalt Black Metallic GTZ
    (Paint Code: Porsche LC9Z)

Genuine experience carries a lot more credibility than the ability to answer a question.

Thanks guys. I'll take a picture of the car when it's "dry"... it'll make you cringe

I'm torn between the two-tone and sticking with red. I love that red color, but I also want to do something different, but no so dramatic that it gets fucked with. Someone stole one of the wheel caps, so I took the rest of them off.

If I stick with red, these are my choices:

Firethorn Red Pearl

Fire Red Pearl

Firemist Red

The original factor color (as seen above in my pic) is called Cherry Red Pearl. If I shoot it red, I won't have to do the door jams and trunk (except for the trunk lid, as I bought a 94 Sentra Limited trunk lid from the junk yard and it's white)

If I go with Blue, I'm going with Viper Blue Metallic

Firemist red ftw!

Rich,

How the hell do you fit into such a small car? :)
    Love,
    Matt

LOL. It's actually quite roomy, especially for my legs. My right knee doesn't rest on the center-dash console like the Galant (and many of the new Cars). It's been almost 9 years since I last drove it (last week), and It was kind of funny how close my head was to the ceiling - so I just reclined the seat back to make more room.

The car is really fun to drive, especially for a slow ass 4banger. Off the line, I would say it can take my V6, up until about 30 mph, then it's all over. It's funny, after driving this 5-speed, going back to the automatic Galant, I kept putting my left foot over reaching for a clutch.

Definitely keep it red, I personally wouldn't dig the two tone. It looks like a great driver.

I4betterthanUR4
    So you said your not doing anything with the 1.6, are you planning on doing a swap? I heard from someone you can fit the ka in there with little effort, don't know how valid that fact is. Matt, those cars are easy to fit in. Try getting in and out of an exige. That is a really clean looking car, myself personally I would try to keep the look stock while beefing up under the hood but that ps does look pretty good...

ur lucky the wheels look good without caps

You should drop a high compression SR20VE in there instead of a DET like everyone else does.

Quote Originally Posted by greddy View Post
    You should drop a high compression SR20VE in there instead of a DET like everyone else does.
    Why? I'm not into turbo swaps and superchargers like other people on TGC. I've gotten plenty of tickets in this baby as is, so why push it? I'm not into track racing and racing someone on the street is like that old saying about arguing on the internet and the Special Olympics. Besides, I've done the homework on getting this converted, and it'll cost upwards of $8000 to do it right. Around $5000 if I'm lucky (and that would only be the SR20DE swap, not the DET). I would be better off investing that money in something else, like a California-legal turbo car (I've always wanted those older 300ZX Twin Turbos - I can get one of those NICE for less than the DET swap and it would be legal in Cali - Not only that, but it would look nicer than the Sentra). Just imagine, I drop all that money in my car and I won't be able to pass smog every other year? Of I would have to take all that out and put the old engine, ecu, wires, tranny, clutch, axels, radiator, etc etc back in just to get it registered. Hell no. One of the main reasons why it took so long to getting it fixed was that I procrastinated in having the headers removed so I could pass smog. I had other issues to fix, like the brakes and power steering pump, but that was it at the time. Instead, I bought the Galant with no money down, and no payments for a year. Since then, the car just sat and sat all those years, and then other things started to go bad. Maybe if I lived in another state where it's not that strict, but there is no way I would invest that type of money while living here in Cali. Besides, I just put in $3000 in parts and labor just to get this thing back on the road as is, and I still need to get the struts & springs put in, front end alignment and a smog, then get it registered, not to mention, getting it painted. I also need better wheels. The 16's got to go. The last thing I would do is swap the engine out for something that isn't very practical to me right now.

That makes more sense, I thought maybe this was your weekend toy that you won't be using all that often, and I didn't say get a turbo (DET), but stay NA with a SR20 VE high compression motor.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast