The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 4G64 T3 Manifold

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 29

4G64 T3 Manifold

Here is a sneak peak of something that will be an option soon. Need to make a couple of changes but this manifold clears the starter, clutch slave cylinder (if 5spd swapped), A/C and lines, stock fans, etc.

The wastegate can either dump to atmosphere or it could be recirculated back into the downpipe. I think I actually might be able to fit a full 3" downpipe with this setup but don't quote me on that yet until I have a chance to fully test fit this puppy. I'm really happy with where the turbo sits in this setup because it really has awesome clearances all around and doesn't require the removal / relocation of anything up front. More pics to come as I proceed in the build.

Once I come up with something I'm 100% happy with, I'll begin making full kits. :D
    Greg
    ---------
    '01 Stratus R/T - 5spd, 92 3000GT VR4, 03 EVO VIII, 70 Opel GT

Owner - Ultimate Car Style & Performance www.ucsperformance.com 240.271.0280

2007 N.A.S.A National Champions TTR Class!

Experienced TGC Member Galantfan88's Avatar
    Heyy man nice engine, is that an Evo manifold?

This manifold is designed for the 4G64 found in the Galant, 3G Eclipse, 2G Stratus, etc. It will work on both SOHC and DOHC head configurations in those platforms.
    Greg
    ---------

Experienced TGC Member
    Man that is sexy! What is the price range on the manifold alone?

Manifold is built out of stainless 304 schedule 10. Material isn't cheap and this manifold is quite labor intensive. A ballpark range would be $800 to $1,000 on the manifold alone flanged for whatever turbo / wastegate you want.

I will probably come up with a much simpler design that is easier to build which can be considered a "budget" or "street" manifold as I should be able to price it fairly lower than the manifold above. You could call the manifold above a "pro" or "race" manifold.
    Greg
    ---------

thats an interesting option. Im using a dsm t3 manifold that puts the WG on the driver side. this would definately give people more clearance for avoiding the A/C and more room for a larger downpipe

I'll post some pics of the kind of clearances this has once I put it on the car. ;)
    Greg
    ---------

Quote Originally Posted by qnz View Post
    thats an interesting option. Im using a dsm t3 manifold that puts the WG on the driver side. this would definately give people more clearance for avoiding the A/C and more room for a larger downpipe
    QNZ you know you can have that wastegate elbow cut and flipped 180* so the wastegate flange sites on the passenger side

PharmEcis that looks like a great design im interested to see the fitment when you get done, can you put the stock evo8 flange on one? i know its divided but just and idea.
    Brandon - 2001 Galant GST 5speed
    Wiseco // Eagle // PTE // Holset // Turbonetics // Supertech // Blox // Prosport // Vibrant // Innovate // OpenEcu // Mishimoto // Magnaflow // Walbro // XXR // Rotora // Brembo // Hawk // R1 Concepts // Dc Sports

underrated, not sure what you mean by cutting the WG elbow? I dont think my manifold design allows for it. also DSM manifolds place the turbo about 2"-3" closer to the passenger side. if the WG is moved to the passenger side, the dumptube might be tight to fit around the AC or power steering.

heres an old pic of my engine bay

notice my downpipe wrapped 180* around and back behind the turbo.

you see how the wastegate flange is on the driver side, you can have it cut off then rewelded onto the passenger side... its not necessary but just and option you have a very clean setup as it sits right now
    Brandon - 2001 Galant GST 5speed
    Wiseco // Eagle // PTE // Holset // Turbonetics // Supertech // Blox // Prosport // Vibrant // Innovate // OpenEcu // Mishimoto // Magnaflow // Walbro // XXR // Rotora // Brembo // Hawk // R1 Concepts // Dc Sports

That manifold is bad ass Pharm. Keep us posted.

thats a nice manifold im guessing its clears the starter since you designed fit or the 3g/8g platform, and are you adding any kind of brace to help support the turbo?

Greg
    ---------

Got clearance? I do! I'm pretty happy with how that turned out but the next one I build will definitely have some refinements / improvements.

Full kit details coming soon! :)
    Greg
    ---------

You are here entirely tooo much!! Stewi's Avatar
    The downpipe in the pic looks like its 2.5", any ideas on trying to get a 3" downpipe to fit? Also, is that an E or S cover on the turbo? If its an E, try an S, because it might hit the starter and you may want to move turbo placement a few mm's further out to clear this. At the same time, the most comonly used S cover turbo's run ball bearing CHRA's which tend to "scroll" outwards more than the non-bb turbo's, so that might not even be an isssue.
    Quote Originally Posted by qnz
    well there are talkers and there are do'ers. talkers never do. and do'ers never talk
    99' Galant ES
    4G64/63T
    AEM EMS

Quote Originally Posted by Stewi View Post
    The downpipe in the pic looks like its 2.5", any ideas on trying to get a 3" downpipe to fit? Also, is that an E or S cover on the turbo? If its an E, try an S, because it might hit the starter and you may want to move turbo placement a few mm's further out to clear this. At the same time, the most comonly used S cover turbo's run ball bearing CHRA's which tend to "scroll" outwards more than the non-bb turbo's, so that might not even be an isssue.
    The downpipe is 2.5" for less than 9" before it moves to 3". Yes I could fit a full 3" downpipe, I just didn't have the materials nor did I feel like screwing with it. The 2.5 was easy and honestly the performance difference will be negligible.

This turbo is ball bearing and this manifold will fit up to a full 35r with out hitting anything.
    Greg
    ---------

You are here entirely tooo much!! Stewi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PharmEcis View Post
    The downpipe is 2.5" for less than 9" before it moves to 3". Yes I could fit a full 3" downpipe, I just didn't have the materials nor did I feel like screwing with it. The 2.5 was easy and honestly the performance difference will be negligible.

This turbo is ball bearing and this manifold will fit up to a full 35r with out hitting anything.
    Yeah I know the performance end of it is negligible, I also run the same thing I have about 10 inches of 2.5 then it opens to 3". My concern wasnt for that factor, but more so if you run a true 35R with either the 4 bolt GT housing (not the T31) or a Vband housing, the outlet is 3", so it would be counter productive to have a bottle neck after the turbo. This of course wouldnt be an issue using the T31 or 5 bolt housing because those are both 2.5" outlets.
    Quote Originally Posted by qnz
    well there are talkers and there are do'ers. talkers never do. and do'ers never talk
    99' Galant ES
    4G64/63T
    AEM EMS

More info here soon but some is on club3g.
    Greg
    ---------

Last edited by PharmEcis; 02-13-2009 at 09:24 AM
    Greg
    ---------

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast