The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 4G64 T3 Manifold

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Showing results 21 to 29 of 29
    You are here entirely tooo much!! Stewi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PharmEcis View Post
    Nice

Is there a reason you didnt make it equal length? or close to it?

Also, im not sure if you've seen it yet, but AMS is selling a cast SS 4g63 bolt pattern exhaust manifold flange. Its a nice piece because it has the runner transition built in, so you can start your runners with schedule 10 without having to worry about welding them into the ports and re-shaping them to fit the oval ports.
    Quote Originally Posted by qnz
    well there are talkers and there are do'ers. talkers never do. and do'ers never talk
    99' Galant ES
    4G64/63T
    AEM EMS

I didn't make it equal length because the benefits from doing so are marginal at best.

All my flanges for the 4G63 are machined from oval to circular for the s10. It doesn't have to be a cast piece.
    Greg
    ---------
    '01 Stratus R/T - 5spd, 92 3000GT VR4, 03 EVO VIII, 70 Opel GT

Owner - Ultimate Car Style & Performance www.ucsperformance.com 240.271.0280

2007 N.A.S.A National Champions TTR Class!

I finished up Wes' manifold. This will be the production version of the pro manifold. I found 180 degree schedule 10 cast pieces along with a different collector design which made fabrication much simpler at slightly less cost than the first manifold.

My flanges come CNC cut with the transition already built into the flange from the oval exhaust port to the round schedule 10.

Custom flanges built just for me! :)

This manifold can be configured for internal or external wastegate setups. What is pictured is for an internal. You have your choice of wastegate flange to match your setup.

GROUP BUY INFORMATION ON THIS MANIFOLD HERE: 4G64 SOHC / DOHC Turbo Manifold - Pro Version Group Buy!
    Greg
    ---------

From that design I guess your running 5 bolt turbine housing with a wastegate port and running the wastegate off the o2 housing?
    well there are talkers and there are do'ers. talkers never do. and do'ers never talk
    99' Galant ES
    4G64/63T
    AEM EMS

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    Nice manifold. You should throw the battery in the trunk or get a smaller Evo battery.
    7g for life!

Quote Originally Posted by Stewi View Post
    From that design I guess your running 5 bolt turbine housing with a wastegate port and running the wastegate off the o2 housing?
    Quote Originally Posted by PharmEcis View Post
    This manifold can be configured for internal or external wastegate setups. What is pictured is for an internal. You have your choice of wastegate flange to match your setup.
    The manifold pictured will be externally gated. I just don't have the wastegate for it yet so that means I also don't have the flange. Probably going to put a 44 on it as I like the vband.

Quote Originally Posted by seth98esT View Post
    Nice manifold. You should throw the battery in the trunk or get a smaller Evo battery.
    You mean a mini battery? They aren't EVO specific.
    Greg
    ---------

ok i gotta question about manifolds. so by reading this i understand that the more expensive the better, but whats the difference between this mani and the $200 ones on ebay? is it just the material or the way there built? im actually just wondering about this. i understand that this is probly a dumb question, but i honestly dont kno

Quote Originally Posted by javi View Post
    ok i gotta question about manifolds. so by reading this i understand that the more expensive the better, but whats the difference between this mani and the $200 ones on ebay? is it just the material or the way there built? im actually just wondering about this. i understand that this is probly a dumb question, but i honestly dont kno
    you answered your own question. Better quality materials, better quality welds, more first hand experience on the part of the fabricator and design/R&D. Alot of these ebay manifolds are just copies of a manifold that someone spent alot of time on to do R&D work and then some tiawanese aftermarket company bought one, copied it, uses shit quality materials and sells it for a third of the price. Alot of these manifolds you see from the big names like Peakboost, ShearerFabrications and Full-Race all have a lifetime warranty against cracking and defects. The reason they can offer you such a great warranty is they are VERY VERY confident that the damn thing will never break, this is due to the R&D, superior workmanship and materials.
    99' Galant ES
    4G64/63T
    AEM EMS

Not to mention that there isn't a single manifold that was actually designed for these cars. All the manifolds you buy were designed for a different platform that just happen to fit this platform, but with fitment issues requiring spacers, ditching A/C etc.
    Greg
    ---------

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12