The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Outlander intake manifold

Showing results 1 to 13 of 13
    Experienced TGC Member Galantfan88's Avatar

Outlander intake manifold

Hey guys..well here it is I heard that an outlander intake manifold could be used on a 8g Galant. I thought is was pretty kool I gatta get one, and with out thinking and getting to excited i bought the damn thing really quick on ebay. This intake is from a car not in the US but in the south of America on an island above south america, the car is a 2003 MITSUBISHI AIRTREK TURBO R, now the guy said that they use the same intake manifold as what we do for our outlanders in the US, but I looked at pix and they look prety diff. But my question is to everyone, would this work? Even not completly the same, this looks bigger, also would the wiring be ok? What sensors can I use? Can I use them from an outlander or can I use mine from my galant? Heres the link check it out guys let me know what you think. Thanks

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...3AIT&viewitem=

Let me clarify

<H2>Mitsubishi Airtrek

The Mitsubishi Airtrek is a crossover sold in Japan, and is also exported to other Asian markets. In North America and Europe, it is also sold as the Mitsubishi Outlander. According to Mitsubishi, the Airtrek "is the new-age car which aims to put comfort high up in the game along with good looks and dynamic, responsive handling. Its sporty attitude does not compromise space and it is able to cater to the wants of most drivers." In addition, Mitsubishi also claims that the Airtrek is "remarkably easy-to-drive. What captures hearts is the Airtrek's distinctive styling, which is underscored by its front and rear design, smooth clean lines, and fashion forward appeal."
    There are two versions of the Mitsubishi Airtrek: the Airtrek 4A/T 2WD and the Airtrek Turbo R 4WD
    </H2>

The basic Airtrek model is the same as the Outlander i4 (4g64). But the Airtrek Turbo R runs a 4G63T powerplant (think of it as an SUV EVO). Unless you plan on getting an extra manifold for your EVO swap, then it's your call 8)

So wait pretty much I got the wrong intake manifold b/c this is for my 2002 i4 4g64 Galant?

man that sucks you got the wrong manifold, it has a different bolt pattern then the galants, it matches the evo though but the runners and plenum are different compared to the the evo,

heres a pic of the evo

tell him you made a mistake, maybe he'll refund you

Yeah im really hoping:(

or look at the silver lining, save up some more money and get the evo headswap, then you can use this manifold
    OZ Rally Crew #001, Quaife Club member :D

hhahaha I could do that, but im not sure what would need to be done for the evo head swap.

Or does anybody know where I can get the right Outlander intake manifold or someone selling it.

You are here entirely tooo much!!
    junkyard or dealers

Quote Originally Posted by IVORY_G View Post
    never pull out, always squeeze inside! LOL!

oh god I was looking at the same intake manifold on ebay and did a little research across the different galant forums on the net, and found out that was the wrong one too. HA I almost made the same mistake.

xd_01 , thanks for the close up shot. I am on the hunt to for the that :)

Just put it back on ebay for 10 more haha.

Yeah I cant believe this.lol but the guy said he will refund me my money back so its all good. But now Im missing out on the money I just spent for that intake manifold, I asked around places and the intake manifold is like between 350-450 dallors....damn so their goes the money.lol Unless someone knows a cheap place.

i'll check for you on friday and post back here... btw this is 4g64t over on club3g you sent me a pm over there earlier today
    Brandon - 2001 Galant GST 5speed
    Wiseco // Eagle // PTE // Holset // Turbonetics // Supertech // Blox // Prosport // Vibrant // Innovate // OpenEcu // Mishimoto // Magnaflow // Walbro // XXR // Rotora // Brembo // Hawk // R1 Concepts // Dc Sports