The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Dash lights out

Showing results 1 to 13 of 13
    Experienced TGC Member

Dash lights out

Ok. So i made hid relay harnesses for my HIDs. And theyre running fine. I also installed a double din JVC DVD player. But when i hooked the battery back up, my passenger tail light was out and my speedometer lighting was out. I checked the fuses and they were fine. Only thing i think might be causing the problem is the aftermarket radio harness. I have the JVC harness attached to a harness that fits the Galant. There were 2 orange wires. One for "Illumination/Dash" and another for "Dimmer" I tried hooking each up with no result. I even grounded the "Dimmer" wire and still no result. Any ideas?

Experienced TGC Member
    Just noticed that my HVAC control lights are out too. I know that if a wire isnt grounded properly, certain things wont work. But does anyone know if the dash lights are connected to the HVAC control lights? Ima check to see if the HVAC controls light plug came undone.

yellow fuse holder in the under hood fuse box.

you grounded the 12v wire on the radio harness...Reelax is right. Two 10 amp fuses in the yellow box. you blew one of them.
    Chip

2000 Basalt Black Metallic GTZ
    (Paint Code: Porsche LC9Z)

Genuine experience carries a lot more credibility than the ability to answer a question.

Experienced TGC Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishboy55 View Post
    you grounded the 12v wire on the radio harness...Reelax is right. Two 10 amp fuses in the yellow box. you blew one of them.
    Thanks guys. Was bad fuse. I checked them last nite but i mustve overlooked that particular fuse. It was a 7.5a. I replaced it with a 10a. I was worried i fried something because up until i had hooked up the new radio, the lights were working fine. But after completing the stereo installation and re-connecting the battery, everything was out including the taillight.

Those 2 10a in the yellow box must control the ECU. Because after i tried to pull the damn yellow case out, i forgot to snap it back in tightly. And the car kept stalling on me. The fuse that was blown was a 7.5a next to the yellow box. Idk if the fuse layout were changed between years or what

Thanks again guys.

How do you get the fuses OUT of the little yellow box thing? I didn't want to try and pry the tab on the side down with a screw driver for fear of breaking it. How do those fuses pull out? My dash lights and climate control lights are all out and I think this may be the problem.

there is a fuse puller in the interior fuse box.

Bought mine used so it didn't come with one. :( Who seriously would misplace something like that? lol. I'm gonna try using plyers.

pull up on the yellow fuse holder then pull up on the fuse

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

^^^ just like he said. The yellow part is like a secure locking mechanism to ensure those fuses won't go anywhere so just pull it up and it will release the fuses and then take them out
    '00 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64T (Samantha)
    '01 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64 (Daily)
    '02 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64 (SCRAPPED)
    '00 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64 (SCRAPPED)
    '91 Volvo 740 Turbo B230FT (SOLD)
    '88 Mitsubishi Mighty Max (SOLD)
    '91 Kawasaki ZX7 (SOLD)
    '95 Kawasaki ZX9R

Experienced TGC Member
    Quote Originally Posted by oo3menace View Post
    How do you get the fuses OUT of the little yellow box thing? I didn't want to try and pry the tab on the side down with a screw driver for fear of breaking it. How do those fuses pull out? My dash lights and climate control lights are all out and I think this may be the problem.
    DO NOT TOUCH THE FUSES IN THE YELLOW BOX!!! Those fuses have something to do with the ECU. When i was checking for my blwon fuse, i had tried to pull these two fuses in the yellow box out to check them. They were in there pretty tight so i decided to leave them alone. However i forgot to press them back in tight. My car ran like shit. The idle was bouncing up and down, and the car kept stalling over and over again. I unplugged the battery, and let the car sit for 20 minutes. Hooked it back up, and started it, same problem. Stalled again. So i checked the fuses and saw the yellow fuse was loose, so i pressed it back in tight, and the car ran fine.

The fuse for those lights should be a 7.5 amp fuse. Mines was a 7.5 amp.

That happened when i accidentally grounded out the blue 12v wire from the radio. Ran like shit, and idle was all out of whack. When I traced my work back, I found the grounded wire. That fixed my problem.

I never had a problem touching the fuses in the yellow case though.

2001 5 speed 4g64T

Experienced TGC Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 01galant01 View Post
    That happened when i accidentally grounded out the blue 12v wire from the radio. Ran like shit, and idle was all out of whack. When I traced my work back, I found the grounded wire. That fixed my problem.

I never had a problem touching the fuses in the yellow case though.
    Maybe its different on the 03. Because on mines, its marked as an ECU fuse (looking at the diagram under the fuse box cover).