The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 99 Galant v6 won't start...stalls

Showing results 1 to 6 of 6
    vvputin

99 Galant v6 won't start...stalls

Hi guys.I need help.I sold car to one guy.It's 99 Galant V6.He installed boombox,new radio etc.About 5 days after his car wouldn't start.He called me all pissed off.I came over and we started the car in neutral.He started driving it and it was stalling at every stoping attempt.Next day it died complitely.So,I had to take it to mechanic.I unscrewed his boombox fuse from the battery.We changed starter and it started right up.Mechanic also checked spark plugs( trying to figure out why it was stalling).Sparks were good.I drove it for about an hour and it was fine.So I gave the car back to him and screw the boombox fuse wire back on battery.He called me back after about 5 days with no start sometimes problem.Told him to unscrew boombox fuse.He got lost for couple days then called me back with same problem.I'm thinkink he connect his boombox back on(but he tells me he didn't and I don't believe this).So,the questions are:1.Can all this be caused by his boombox and staff.2.Can I tell him to get lost by lemon law(State of Mass).It says in the lemon law if U add something aftermarket seller can't be responsible.Car has 65000 miles,I drove it for about month before I sold it and it didn't give me any problems.So sick of him calling me and his mom also.Please,help me with this problem.Thank you

dude,50 minutes or 50 miles not your prob after you sell it.thats what i would have said if he called me up all pissed off.once it sold out of your name and hes driving it and done shit to it not your prob i think.

Experienced TGC Member glantv699's Avatar
    1.) He bough it, it's his problem
    2.) If it was fine before and he spent the time checking it out beforehand, how could it get worse in 5 days
    3.) ALTERNATOR?
    4.)An improperly installed electronic device, such as a whole soundsystem, can mess up a car.
    5.) Tell him to get his stuff professionally installed (I'm sure he'll say, my friend is a pro, he probably isn't)
    6.) He bought it, it worked, he touched it, it broke, his problem.

> TGCPA - SOUTHEAST
    > 2010 Evolution X SE #183 of 340 (1 of 54 in Octane Blue)
    > 1999 ES V6 (Sold 2/2011)

You are here entirely tooo much!! Jeffylou87's Avatar
    ^What he said!

Experienced TGC Member jimmy_o2's Avatar
    x2
    03 I4

You are here entirely tooo much!! SkylineG1's Avatar
    Well said glantv699