The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: New Galant or No??

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 28
    NOSMAN7G

New Galant or No??

I was just wondering...I'm going to basic training in 3 weeks and When I get back I can afford more than what I am paying for car Payment. The questions is stick with the 98 (in great shape body and engine) or go to a newer galant like 2001 or 2002??? Would there be more possibilities with a V6?? What to do what to do...lol. Thanx

if it was me Id go for a 2002, but I own the galant no payments. It depends ask your self how much you have left to pay on your current car. I say if its under 4.5g's stay wit it
    YES I STILL HAVE MY GALANT!!

NOSMAN7G
    I still owe about 7g's on it. I'm gonna look into this...lol. Find some info on 2002's. Do you know how much HP a V6 has??

click n see all information

http://auto.consumerguide.com/auto/new/rev...650.htm#engines

195 @ 5500 hp
    205 @ 4000 Torque
    On a DOHC V6
    YES I STILL HAVE MY GALANT!!

go to the dealer and see how much ur gonna get for ur galant now. its not gonna be alot. so im thinking pay off this galant and just get another one. yea its gonna cost a lil bit more but then you'll have 2 cars...

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

NOSMAN7G
    I'm gonna go to the dealer tomarrow and see what I should do I just like the idea of a 3.0L V6 compared to my 2.4L...also I like the GTZ that Ripp Modds did...lol. A little off subject....Is the new galants body kit poly eurathane ( whatever its called:) ) or fiberglass?? Thanx again

Dark Anghell
    Personally I would stick with your galant right now, and the money you have left over can be sent to my address... . No you don't have to send money, check will be fine.

But seriously...save up the money. Have a good downpayment...and get a good car (R35 is coming to the states, so does the Lancer EVO). That's what I'm doing to my car...no more bodykits or new wheels.

Just to clarify myself I'm not saying that galant's suck...I like my car. [/u]

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'>and get a good car </div>

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
    2005 TGC Fantasy Football Champ III
    http://www.Gencoupe.com/garage/3337

Ok, here's what you should do.

Get 5 speed transmission put into your galant from an eclipse GST fwd turbo.
    Get an aftermarket clutch, suggest an ACT 2600
    Do the head swap from a 1g or 2g eclipse/talon and use the ECU as well
    Suggest aftermarket pistons, 1g big rods, and port everything from intake manifold to the 02 housing
    Put all turbo parts from eclipse onto this car.

This would give you over 300HP guaranteed with a boost controller and your 1/4m times will be into the 13's. With a 25 shot of nitrous added in, you'll be into the 12's, and that my friend, would be a record setting USDM galant time.

Later
    Jesse

NOSMAN7G
    Thanx Jesse...I was thinking about upgrading the tranny and clutch but wasn't sure whether to do it or not. Thats probaly one of the best upgrades I can do since going from first to 2nd it slips most of the time. Thanx for your input...What have you done to your G so far??

BEAST
    I agree with Jesse. Save all that money your gonna put towards a new car and throw it into your ride now. Or even just pay your car off. If you did get a newer car then you would be paying more money on that and wouldn't have as much to throw into mods. Hell if you wanna go with a 5 speed sell your 98 and get a nice 94 or 95 5 speed. It will be cheaper than your current car and you'll have even more money for mods. I have been thinking about doing that, but I really don't have any money for anything right now.

NOSMAN7G
    I already have a 5 spd I'm gonna get a new tranny and clutch as Jesse suggested and finish with the Body kit. Then after that I'll throw in NOS or turbo. Tranny and body kit for right now will leave me pretty broke..lol. Thanx for everyones input and when I get back I'll have to post some pics. :twisted:

Dark Anghell
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ChromeGalant)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'>and get a good car </div>

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:</div>
    See what happens when you tell people the way you feel...and they say freedom of speech :cry: .

I mean everyone can agree that Galant is no match for like a bimmer or a benz. Even more affordable cars like lexus or infinity or acura. I'm not saying that Galants are crap...personally i think people underestimate mitsu cars. I really like my car and there's agood chance that my next car will be a mitsubishi. But if I was getting paid more than what I get right now...I would consider stepping up to a different car, most likely a sports car like a Supra, RX-7, or NSX. Now everyone can agree that no matter how fast Galant is, the supra will get you more chicks, and better recognition among other people.

So my best suggestion is that if you really like galants or mitsubishi in general...get a new one. But if can't see yourself driving the Galant for another X-amount of years, wait. Your car is good the way it is. Plus your car's body style changed the very next year. Usually the cars rarely have any problems when they are last year production for certain body style, because factory takes care of all the little imperfections in the frame and the motor.

TGC Regular
    If I was going to go look into an 8g, I'd get a V6 ES. Then I'd do the JDM front end conversion. Looks badass IMO. I personally like the 8g style over the 7g. And if I had the money and wanted to stay with a galant, like I said above 8g JDM front end conversion, 18s, and then look into a Supercharger or turbo.
    Chris
    2004 Mazda 3i; bought 7/2/04
    98 Galant ES; Sold 6/30/04

HiperSilver
    you want performance, get a damn DSM, with all the money you will spend in your galant u can have a DSM and not deal with the pain in the ass to swap a 5 speed, turbocharge, blah blah blah blah.

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    nah guys alls he needs is a 4g63t and a 2g 5spd and hes set

screw buying another car, yours is fine!

thats not that much work at all!
    7g for life!

NOSMAN7G
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(HiperSilver)</div><div class='quotemain'>you want performance, get a damn DSM, with all the money you will spend in your galant u can have a DSM and not deal with the pain in the ass to swap a 5 speed, turbocharge, blah blah blah blah.</div>

This is what we call a challenge. Yeah I could buy a DSM and not have to deal with the swap or anything like that but whats the fun in that. Too many people have hooked up civics, Nissans, Eclipse's ect. But how many times have you seen a 7g galant w/ a nice Turbo motor, NOS ect?? Its unique thats why I want to do it and thats most likely why everyone with a 7g is doing mods like these.

HiperSilver
    well....considering that fact that a motor swap, tranny swap, and have everything tuned will cost an arm and a leg. I could be driving a 1g DSM and smoking the shit outta all the cars out there. plus 7g's are wrong wheel drive. I Like to look at it in a bang for buck perspective. Swap over the motor and tranny and you will be running somewhat close to a stock eclipse gs-t. and how much did you spend? No fun in driving an eclipse...there are about millions of things you can do to the eclipse , which is was makes it super fun to mod and drive it. I agree with the fact that 7g galants are unique and you dont see many, and i personally am in the process of turbocharging mine, but then again im getting everything for under a 1G. so i really cant complaiin. If i had the chance i would trade in the galant for a eclipse but i cant.

If you buy an old FWD talon or lasor, you can do most of the work yourself and have less then 2000K into it.

Then, you look at how much you paid for the car, and you're still 4k - 7k less then a 2g.

And, here's the best part, the insurance is cheap as hell and cops won't suspect it if it's sleeper style.

What is more fun then smoking a prelude in a galant?

NOSMAN7G
    Thats a good idea. Your talking about a turbo or non-turbo talon, Eclipse Jesse??

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast