The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Engine torque damper over polyurethane motor mounts?

Showing results 1 to 13 of 13

Engine torque damper over polyurethane motor mounts?

has anyone ever installed one of these:
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/INGAL...Q5fAccessories
    I had installed polyurethane motor mounts onto my 420a set up and was not fond of the motor vibration but shifting was solid. I am qurious if anyone here has had a torque damper setup and has an opinion on it.

You are here entirely tooo much!! fatal1's Avatar
    you would have to mix and match 2 kits one from the evo and q from the v6 so it would be double the price...i have one installed on my v6 and it works well...although this mod should be done after the motor mounts if you want it to be affective...it basically takes away the last bit of wheel hop by itself im sure it would be good as well but definately not as effective...its a pretty good looking piece as well though i youre trying to dress up your engine bay

If Ingalls made one that was a direct fit for an 8g galant,,,I'd get one

Quote Originally Posted by boochieboy View Post
    If Ingalls made one that was a direct fit for an 8g galant,,,I'd get one
    For the V6 they do.

the evo one doesnt fit at all, neither the top or the bottom brackets match up i got one from a friend selling his evo and im going to have custom brackets made
    Brandon - 2001 Galant GST 5speed
    Wiseco // Eagle // PTE // Holset // Turbonetics // Supertech // Blox // Prosport // Vibrant // Innovate // OpenEcu // Mishimoto // Magnaflow // Walbro // XXR // Rotora // Brembo // Hawk // R1 Concepts // Dc Sports

Quote Originally Posted by RedGalant2k1 View Post
    For the V6 they do.
    link? please?

- If you've got nothing nice to say, what the hell is wrong with you!?!

http://www.ingallseng.com/parts/ETD/93043.htm

I believe Drybear has it, as well as a few others.

yah Drybear has it on his v6
    Brandon - 2001 Galant GST 5speed
    Wiseco // Eagle // PTE // Holset // Turbonetics // Supertech // Blox // Prosport // Vibrant // Innovate // OpenEcu // Mishimoto // Magnaflow // Walbro // XXR // Rotora // Brembo // Hawk // R1 Concepts // Dc Sports

You are here entirely tooo much!! fatal1's Avatar
    just a heads up as well...you will need the 3g strut bar to install it. or at least the bracket for the pass side strut tower

Quote Originally Posted by fatal1 View Post
    just a heads up as well...you will need the 3g strut bar to install it. or at least the bracket for the pass side strut tower
    this is very true and im glad you said something otherwise someone would have been mislead with the presented info.

as far as it being effective without the poly mounts, i had my first ingalls installed with only the front and rear roll stops as poly mounts and noticed immediately the difference it made with the damper set to its stiffest setting. i also tried to remove it to verify someone's claims that they could feel it and in fact i did. as a matter of fact the bracket i made for the strut mount came loose one day and i could tell there was something wrong and i could feel the difference. the minute i popped the hood and saw it was loose, i knew it was the culprit. i now have all four mounts solid and have no damper and it still is quite stiff. i know that if i was to install the stiffy it would make shifting even more solid and further decrease any type of wheelhop. as to say one is better than the other, i cannot say as of yet but both would definately augment the fight against wheel hop and would provide a more stable path for power to be transferred to the ground as opposed to making the powertrain shift.

Quote Originally Posted by RedGalant2k1 View Post
    For the V6 they do.
    That sucks,,,I'm a 4 cyl. Plus I have a DC strut bar,,,so I guess it wouldn't work with that either,,,,Damn.

For what its worth, the torque damper works best *with* poly mounts.

Quote Originally Posted by boostzealot View Post
    this is very true and im glad you said something otherwise someone would have been mislead with the presented info.
    No one would have been mislead if they read the installation info provided on Ingalls website and what comes with a new stiffy dampen kit.