The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Post a pic of your engine bay!

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
Showing results 81 to 100 of 246
    New definition of a ghetto intake mod

Had a spare SRI with a cracked mounting bracket. Decided to mock one up. You'll see I pushed it away from the TB so there's no rattling or interference. Easy $5 and 10 minutes of work.

Quote Originally Posted by CHICAGO_ONE View Post
    New definition of a ghetto intake mod

Had a spare SRI with a cracked mounting bracket. Decided to mock one up. You'll see I pushed it away from the TB so there's no rattling or interference. Easy $5 and 10 minutes of work.
    I have an idea Jon, can you possibly bend that black metal piece you got bolted to the throttle cable bracket to a 90* angle then bolt that to the mounting location and bolt the other end onto the intake piece?
    Jigz-TGCIL Sosick Motorsports

R.I.P. Christopher "CRAZY CHRIS" Beckmann
    "you dont appreciate friendship until you lose your bestfriend...."
    I'd rather have the knowledge and ability to do it than the money to buy it already done.

yeah, I probably could. It'd be a beefy replacement, but would probably stabilize the intake a little better.
    Thanks Jigz

So i just finished installing a new Valve cover gasket and decided to paint it while it was off....not too bad for a one dayer....

Quote Originally Posted by CHICAGO_ONE View Post
    yeah, I probably could. It'd be a beefy replacement, but would probably stabilize the intake a little better.
    Thanks Jigz
    no problem brotha!
    Jigz-TGCIL Sosick Motorsports

R.I.P. Christopher "CRAZY CHRIS" Beckmann
    "you dont appreciate friendship until you lose your bestfriend...."
    I'd rather have the knowledge and ability to do it than the money to buy it already done.

RIP
    1995 7G 4G64 / 63T DOHC Turbo
    Part Out Coming Soon

In search of 2G 3000GT VR4

Daily driving
    Dat '08 Cobalt Coupe

Quote Originally Posted by Asierra_999 View Post
    So i just finished installing a new Valve cover gasket and decided to paint it while it was off....not too bad for a one dayer....

Did you paint the timing belt cover as well, or you just cleaned it really good. that timing belt cover looks shinny. im thinkin of replacing mine due to a shit load of oil in the inside.

TeamDreamSpeed / PizzaBoy
    Quote Originally Posted by G-spot View Post
    I can't believe a meet never happening all because I or James is not gonna be present. What kind of crap is that? Since when was G-spot and Silver01G heart and soul of TGCTX?

Quote Originally Posted by silver01g View Post
    Did you paint the timing belt cover as well, or you just cleaned it really good. that timing belt cover looks shinny. im thinkin of replacing mine due to a shit load of oil in the inside.
    Yea I ended up taking it off and cleaning it thoroughly but it still was diull and scratched so I took some left over Kyrlon Fusion Gloss Black Spray Paint and painted it! looks great still and its been a week!

yeah im thinkin of doing mine. dont know yet

I can't believe a meet never happening all because I or James is not gonna be present. What kind of crap is that? Since when was G-spot and Silver01G heart and soul of TGCTX?

Banned
    mmmm oh man, the things I would do to your car now.

No, not that way, but making that there setup truly what it was built to be.

First step: a man's turbo.

you look like you could be the next Cali car, lol.

Banned
    Or... VegasMatt can have his own unique car that will be nothing like Cali's car... and much cleaner, and with a more diverse history.

Sorry Matt, I really think your car is going to be something really awesome. Shouldn't be compared to anything else. Many of these people weren't even around to see its history, even I barely was...

Like I told you before, this is just a base, it will be upgraded..you know how it is....Neeeeed Moooooore boooooost.
    Love,
    Matt

Banned
    Exactly... I can't wait.

We need to talk tuning sometime.

You are here entirely tooo much!! Stewi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by VegasMatt View Post
    Like I told you before, this is just a base, it will be upgraded..you know how it is....Neeeeed Moooooore boooooost.
    its a drug Matt, it really is.

I just got my new manifold and havent even installed it yet, and I spent 2 hours online yesterday looking at bigger turbos. It never end.

Glad to see its working well. I was speaking with Noel a few times on the phone about it last week going over a few small issues he had that are now worked out. Have fun with it!
    Quote Originally Posted by qnz
    well there are talkers and there are do'ers. talkers never do. and do'ers never talk
    99' Galant ES
    4G64/63T
    AEM EMS

matt, we should race now before either of us take the next big step in our projects. lol good shit though for real, glad to see it running and hope to see it in person soon. Noel did a great job and i hope you enjoy it

Very nice! Cali really did a good job! Damn i wish I'm in the US to have my g swapped w/ evo engine by Cali!
    "Mitsubishi Galant(e) for Life"

Tuned 2013 Evolution X GSR PB

-> Follow me on IG @blackblurr_x | 5-Speed | Check out my Build Here

or you could just build the 64, put an evo head on it and make some great numbers of your own.

Quote Originally Posted by VegasMatt View Post
    Ure 8G become a bad ass...!!! freakin matt nice built...
    My Mk4 is like a Black Hole you enter in it and who the hell knows what'll happen next???
    I sure don't, do you?

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast