The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: My lifter "fix" .

Showing results 1 to 4 of 4

My lifter "fix" .

Well I got tired of hearing the lifters tapping so I decided to try an engine flush. I know the risks on a high mileage motor but I really dont want to spend the money on the motor. I only drive 2/10th of a mile to work so it really isnt good on the motor. I grabbed a bottle of CD2 oil detergent. I read all of the different bottles and just decided to go with this one. I had just changed my oil but I decided to just do it because it was getting so bad. I ran it for about 150 miles while doing some 30-40 mile trips and letting the motor warm up before I drove it. It had been cold when the cleaner was installed and the tapping was worse. Well now the tapping is about 75% gone on a cold morning and is only present at idle. I meant to put 5w30 oil back in it but grabbed 10w30. Ill add more cleaner before I change my oil next time and see if it will get any better but im pretty sure the rest of the noise is permanent.
    1995 Galant S

its better to run thinner oil in the winter like 0w-20, if you dont have leaks of course
    God created turbo lag to give the v8's a brief moment of hope.

Build Thread

^ yeah I ususally run the GTX high mileage 10w30 . I noticed I little less leaking after I first started using it but it leaks about 1 quart between oil changes now.
    1995 Galant S

Yea that CD2 works good i used some on my 2k Galant back in the day!!..