The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 200 HP w/o Turbo or Supercharge...Can it be done??

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 42
    NOSMAN7G

200 HP w/o Turbo or Supercharge...Can it be done??

How can I hit around 200HP w/o NOS, Turbo, and Supercharge? If so how?? Thanx alot

nos can bring u to 200 hp. upgraded interals. bigger or multiple throttle bodies engine swap...the list goes on...its all about the money

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

Spyder4G64t

Re: 200 HP w/o Turbo or Supercharge...Can it be done??

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(NOSMAN7G)</div><div class='quotemain'>How can I hit around 200HP w/o NOS, Turbo, and Supercharge? Â*If so how?? Â*Thanx alot</div>Race Gas, very very high compression, and a lot of supporting mods. " Got $$$ "

mass
    I THINK HE IS LOOKN MORE FOR SOMTHING LIKE QUADS...THE BRING VERY HIGH GAINS...BEST PERFORMANCE INSTALL FOR ALL MOTOR CARS....ADD A TURBO WITH THAT...U WOULD B PUTN DOWN SOME SERIOUS POWER

NOSMAN7G
    Heres what i've decied to do:

RPW Headers w/ Highflow Cat
    Upgrade internals (what would you guys suggest?)
    NOS 75 Shot

Hows that for starters??

Spyder4G64t
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(NOSMAN7G)</div><div class='quotemain'>Heres what i've decied to do:
    RPW Headers w/ Highflow Cat
    Upgrade internals (what would you guys suggest?)
    NOS 75 Shot</div>With a 75-shot of NOS, you probably can save your money and don't bother with the internal mods. Invest in better fuel components first.

NOSMAN7G
    What kind of fuel components should I get?? Better fuel pump but I don't really know what else improves performance from there. By the way how long have you ahd your 4G64 turboed?? Thanx

probably the Walbro 255 fuel pump, larger injectors, Fuel Pressure Regulator. granted your MPG is going through the floor it can be done.

Also the header may or maynot give you as many HP gains as yor looking for. You may want to get the header but before you install you may want to get a moderate Port and polish on the Head. I am not sure how the Header and Exaust ports match up on a 7th Gen but on an 8th Gen you gain a little HP but a good amount of Torque. I know VisionImports offers the Ported and polished Head with 2nd Stage cam ang Gear but not sure of the price.
    C.J. Cameron
    RETIRED TUNER!!!!

"Keeping it Simple"

dukeplaya3169
    intake
    cat back exhaust
    p+p CH,IM,TB
    plugs
    wires
    headers
    hfc
    fpr
    pulleys/belts
    camshaft
    cam gear
    s-afc
    upgraded ignition
    injectors
    fuel pump
    high compression pistons
    rods
    you "COULD" quad--but $$$$$
    high octane gas
    If you do all these, then you quad, I can guarantee you'll have the the fastest galant in your area, guestimate you'll be running a low 13 sec. or 12 sec. quarter with a beefed up tranny. Remember, this is also all depending on the tuning as well.
    there's other stuff ya can do...but if you actually complete all these...then pm me and I'll tell ya more.

Senior TGC Member
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Spyder4G64t)</div><div class='quotemain'>With a 75-shot of NOS, you probably can save your money and don't bother with the internal mods. Â*Invest in better fuel components first.</div>

I agree...if you're gonna beef up your internals you could also run a higher shot of NOS, which would probably push you past the 200 mark. A V6 Eclipse Cali spec auto tranny pulled 273 whp on the dyno with a 75 shot while I was watching. Watching a dyno of a bottle fed vehicle is really fun to do btw if you haven't seen it before.
    "Daisy tumbled short of his dreams, not through her own fault, but because of the colossal vitality of his illusion... No amount of fire or freshness can challenge what a man will store up in his ghostly heart. " - F. Scott Fitzgerald, The Great Gatsby

"I have not failed 700 times. I have not failed once. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work." - Thomas Edison

Re: 200 HP w/o Turbo or Supercharge...Can it be done??

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(NOSMAN7G)</div><div class='quotemain'>How can I hit around 200HP w/o NOS, Turbo, and Supercharge? Â*If so how?? Â*Thanx alot</div>

without Nos guys
    C.J. Cameron
    RETIRED TUNER!!!!

"Keeping it Simple"

Experienced TGC Member HeadAche's Avatar
    If your lookin at 200hp without FI, you need to do your internals

Bored TB
    Cam Gear
    Cam Shaft
    Bore/Stroke
    High Comp Pistons, preferably forged pistons and rods
    CAI , Headers w/HFC
    8.5mm or bigger wires
    Cold core plugs
    Syntec Engine and tranny fluid.
    Underdrive Pulley Kit
    Walbro .255 Fuel pump, w/ 90+octane gas
    FPR
    S-AFC, cant tune shit without it.
    Titanium Valve springs and sleeves
    390cc or 400cc injectors
    Individula Quad TB, would be cool.. but that shit cost $$$$, (optional) . :twisted:
    Torque converter
    Tranny shift Kit or Bulletproofed, its a must to hold the power..

Thats really about it, and the proper people to help you tune it. I Pulled 200hp NA, but i have a completely built race motor, everything has been done.. my mods list is long, and i have spent thousands of dollars making this car as fast as it is..
    I Shook You At The Track, My Boyz Threw Asprin On The Floor, They Said Now You Gotta Headache...

The illiterate of the twenty-first century will not be those who can not read or write, but those who can not learn, un-learn and re-learn.

NOSMAN7G
    Thanx Kemist. I know where to get some of the parts but where can I get the injectors and fuel pump (what make/model) car?? I'm just working on the body now Shogun kit, Custum fenders...Trying to find a hood. I'm saving most of the engine upgrades for last. I'm still trying to figure out what to do w/ the engine. I've read through this forum a few times and can't come to a decision. 4G63T, Turbo this motor, or what?? What made you deside to upgrade the stock motor?? Thanx Sorry if I'm being a pain :twisted:

TwistedGTZ01
    i hit 201 hp at the wheels with a 65 shot of NOS, CAI and exhaust. but i also blew my motor up a few weeks ago, so don't listen to me i'de do internals, then take it from there.

Kain
    Sure ya can. It'd be a bit tough w/o Forced induction, but it can definitely be done. Mostly with porting of the head and other additions to get air in and out faster. I mean, think about it... you pick up around 10 hp from just an intake. ExtrudeHone the IM, 1g TB, P&P head, Cam + headers from RPW, and full exhaust would probably get you just about there.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(NOSMAN7G)</div><div class='quotemain'>Thanx Kemist. Â*I know where to get some of the parts but where can I get the injectors and fuel pump (what make/model) car?? Â*I'm just working on the body now Shogun kit, Custum fenders...Trying to find a hood. Â*I'm saving most of the engine upgrades for last. Â*I'm still trying to figure out what to do w/ the engine. Â*I've read through this forum a few times and can't come to a decision. Â*4G63T, Turbo this motor, or what?? Â*What made you deside to upgrade the stock motor?? Â*Thanx Sorry if I'm being a pain :twisted:</div>

The fuel pump you can directly from www.walbro.com, the injectors i will have to find the addy ad give that 2 ya unless, Pinoy has it already on the parts lists.. I upgraded my stock motor, just because i could..lol.. It sounds like a stupid reason, but everyone had the usual Honda Integra/Civc thing around my way.. When i got the G everyone was like you cant do anything with that fridge.. Proved them wrong when i beat a RSX-S at the track one night, then a Type-R integra on I-95 coming back from HIN... I do it because i love a challenge, and this car is really fun to work on, not including it turns heads when u pull up to people, hell it turns more heads when ur flying past them and they see 4-doors..lol..
    I Shook You At The Track, My Boyz Threw Asprin On The Floor, They Said Now You Gotta Headache...

The illiterate of the twenty-first century will not be those who can not read or write, but those who can not learn, un-learn and re-learn.

NOSMAN7G
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(dukeplaya3169)</div><div class='quotemain'>intake Â*
    cat back exhaust
    p+p CH,IM,TB
    plugs Â*
    wires
    headers
    hfc
    fpr
    pulleys/belts
    camshaft
    cam gear
    s-afc
    upgraded ignition
    injectors
    fuel pump
    high octane gas
    If you do all these, then you quad, I can guarantee you'll have the the fastest galant in your area, guestimate you'll be running a low 13 sec. or 12 sec. quarter with a beefed up tranny. Remember, this is also all depending on the tuning as well.
    there's other stuff ya can do...but if you actually complete all these...then pm me and I'll tell ya more.</div>

Wouldn't it be easier to get a better engine than do all that?? Whats the advantage of staying with the stock motor than going to a turbo engine?? Kemist do you have pics of your car and your old NOS setup??

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(NOSMAN7G)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(dukeplaya3169)</div><div class='quotemain'>intake Â*
    cat back exhaust
    p+p CH,IM,TB
    plugs Â*
    wires
    headers
    hfc
    fpr
    pulleys/belts
    camshaft
    cam gear
    s-afc
    upgraded ignition
    injectors
    fuel pump
    high octane gas
    there's other stuff ya can do...but if you actually complete all these...then pm me and I'll tell ya more.</div>

Wouldn't it be easier to get a better engine than do all that?? Whats the advantage of staying with the stock motor than going to a turbo engine?? Kemist do you have pics of your car and your old NOS setup??</div>

You would in most case spend more on a different motor than you would getting most of these things done.,. ONly motor i would swap 2 would be a VR-4 or EVO V, and doing that kinda swap is crazy.. ONly person i know of even attempting this swap is Clay, and i think his EVO swap is almost done.. ONLy pics ever taken of my set-up are with the Guys from ZEX when the partially sponsored my motor for A race out here in Orlando a year ago.. I have posted any because the last time i did they pics were stolen and someone was taking credit for my work, and not even getting the parts right..

Censee
    u guys think the current evo 8 motor will fit...with som mods...since its hitting US shores we will have all the parts availabl for it to work...........any comments..

NOSMAN7G
    So really what your saying is that it would be better to upgrade the stock 2.4L than it would be to swap a 4G63T?? I was pricing these engines and found a few for 1499. That seems cheaper than the P&P, Pistons, rods, ect. I wouldn't mind keeping the stock engine but its so hard to find parts for it...I know that most of the eclipse parts will fit but not sure which ones. How much was your rebuild Kemist?? If I could get the engine like new again I'd definetly hook that up but I don't want to spend all this money on a 47K mile engine. Who on this forum has done these upgrades besides Kemist?? Thanx

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast