The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Does RippMods Still Make 4cyl Superchargers?

Showing results 1 to 11 of 11

Does RippMods Still Make 4cyl Superchargers?

Hi guys just wanted to ask this question in here. Was wondering if Ripp still made the I4 Supercharger seeing as the last person to have one was ScottNCGalant I believe. I don't see any details on their website so just wanted to test the waters here before I go ask them myself. I know they have one for the newer 2.4L MIVEC engines (Ralliart I think) but I don't know if the bolt patter that holds the supercharger to the header is the same. Let me know if you dig something up before I ask them. Thanks in advance!

I do believe they stopped production due to a lack of popularity.

no. they stopped making them for the i4 over a year ago. its cheaper to turbocharge. you can still find old kits on club 3g and customize it a bit

Not only that, the SDS for the I4 was worthless.
    Greg
    ---------
    '01 Stratus R/T - 5spd, 92 3000GT VR4, 03 EVO VIII, 70 Opel GT

Owner - Ultimate Car Style & Performance www.ucsperformance.com 240.271.0280

2007 N.A.S.A National Champions TTR Class!

Quote Originally Posted by PharmEcis View Post
    Not only that, the SDS for the I4 was worthless.
    I would like for you to define the word Worthless here. Because I personally don't believe that it was the SDS, but that stupid blackbox/greybox that was the issue.
    2.4L - AWD - 5SPEED - PTE 6057 at __PSI w/Wavetrac LSD

Quote Originally Posted by GOOSEY2099 View Post
    I would like for you to define the word Worthless here. Because I personally don't believe that it was the SDS, but that stupid blackbox/greybox that was the issue.
    Yeah I was searching on post from back in the day and some people had pretty good gains with the 6lb pulley. There's a vid floating around YouTube with an auto Lancer Ralliart with the SDS installed breaking 300hp which is pretty great but then again it's the Mivec version of the 2.4l. Aaron I'll take your advice and check Club3G to see what they have, never came upon me to look there, thanks!

Edit:

Looks like there is nothing over at Club3G so I guess I better get my pennies together for a Turbo setup. Thanks for the help guys
    Last edited by DNSerrano; 01-05-2009 at 09:48 AM

I define the SDS for the 4G64 as worthless because at 15 psi my client's car was still a turd and got beat by my Stratus w/ a 6G72 when it was N/A.

The SDS system is retarded on the I4. It's ok on the V6 but it's absolutely pointless on the I4. The parasitic losses just couldn't be overcome effectively enough by the boost produced.

For the 4G64, the ONLY thing you should EVER contemplate doing is a turbo. PERIOD.
    Greg
    ---------
    '01 Stratus R/T - 5spd, 92 3000GT VR4, 03 EVO VIII, 70 Opel GT

Owner - Ultimate Car Style & Performance www.ucsperformance.com 240.271.0280

2007 N.A.S.A National Champions TTR Class!

i've personally seen one sds i4 that actually ran the way it should. I think an sds with an evo ecu would work pretty good. I'd like to see someone try this though.
    2.4L - AWD - 5SPEED - PTE 6057 at __PSI w/Wavetrac LSD

lor_tek
    If you're going to turbo charge, you might wanna try swapping in a 4g63T. I've heard people done this to their car and it is pretty fast and sweet.

Experienced TGC Member Galantfan88's Avatar
    I think they stopped making superchargers for the 4cyl eclipse or galants, but they still have them for the v6, but I dont think theirs much of a differance. You should call them up and find out man.

Experienced TGC Member Galantfan88's Avatar
    You should turbocharge the car, I believe its much better. Leave the superchargers to the American muscel ccars.